Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Email only shared hosts?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Email only shared hosts?

plumbergplumberg Member

Hello ya all,
Hope everyone is safe and sound.

I have my site (almost inactive) with HostGator. But I actively use email on that domain.

It's due for renewal and HostGator is unable to provide the promo pricing (almost 65%off). So I am looking for a new host. I am OK to try email only hosts for now as I said the site is primarily inactive.

As of now, Around 5 active email boxes..... 2 are being forwarded to Gmail directly whereas remaining are IMAP pushed. Around 5-10 forwarders I have. Absolutely no SPAM. Just personal email hosted

Any suggestions? Prefer US East Coast... But a good service elsewhere is also a good candidate.

I already have some sites with BuyShared, so wanna look for some diversity...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    There are plenty of dedicated mail providers. You can use your domain with them.

    Shop around.

    Thanked by 1plumberg

    There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

  • plumbergplumberg Member

    @deank said:
    There are plenty of dedicated mail providers. You can use your domain with them.

    Shop around.

    Yeh, the plethora of providers is the challenge.. kinda like choice coma. Any suggestions/ feedback on some providers you have used personally would help! Thanks.

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    As a troll, I am not a liberty to recommend anyone. I must stay neutral.

    But there is one fairly well-known dedicated email provider right here on LET. He posts regularly as well.

    Given how many years you've been here, I figured you'd know.

    There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider
    edited May 22

    @plumberg said:
    so wanna look for some diversity...

    Thanks in advance.

    Anthony is from the US, I'm from Canada, and Karen is Panamanian. Is that not diverse enough?

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    @plumberg said:
    Hello ya all,
    Hope everyone is safe and sound.

    I have my site (almost inactive) with HostGator. But I actively use email on that domain.

    It's due for renewal and HostGator is unable to provide the promo pricing (almost 65%off). So I am looking for a new host. I am OK to try email only hosts for now as I said the site is primarily inactive.

    As of now, Around 5 active email boxes..... 2 are being forwarded to Gmail directly whereas remaining are IMAP pushed. Around 5-10 forwarders I have. Absolutely no SPAM. Just personal email hosted

    Any suggestions? Prefer US East Coast... But a good service elsewhere is also a good candidate.

    I already have some sites with BuyShared, so wanna look for some diversity...

    Thanks in advance.

    Zoho mail? Mxroute?

    Thanked by 1plumberg
  • plumbergplumberg Member

    @Francisco said:

    @plumberg said:
    so wanna look for some diversity...

    Thanks in advance.

    Anthony is from the US, I'm from Canada, and Karen is Panamanian. Is that not diverse enough?

    Francisco

    You got me here my friend.

    Thanked by 1Francisco
  • plumbergplumberg Member

    @deank said:
    As a troll, I am not a liberty to recommend anyone. I must stay neutral.

    But there is one fairly well-known dedicated email provider right here on LET. He posts regularly as well.

    Given how many years you've been here, I figured you'd know.

    Hmmmm... never cared for the email providers till date. But I think I know one.. thnx

  • deankdeank Member, Troll

    Just perform a search on it. You will see plenty of results.

    There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

  • verjinverjin Member

    Try Zoho and its free.

    ͡⚆ ͜ʖ ͡⚆                 LE

  • user123user123 Member

    I've been hosting multiple domains with @jar's MXRoute for several years. Service is reliable, support is fantastic, and prices are very reasonable. I highly recommend it if you are interested in a low-cost mail host where you can 'set it and forget it' while knowing that the service is consistent and reliable.

    (I'm not being paid to post this, though I am always open to retroactive bribery from anyone lol).

    Thanked by 3jar SmallWeb plumberg

    Personal consultant to OP's Mom™

  • yokowasisyokowasis Member

    I believe someone here have share hosting with email, I think is Mike or something. Too many Mike here.

    Thanked by 2SmallWeb MikePT
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited May 22

    In no particular order, I have listed the names most commonly mentioned when a similar question has been asked. (I use Zoho mail and MxRoute, had used inbox before switching to MXRoute)

    Mxroute (paid, ridiculously low rates). They also have UK and De location IIRC

    Zoho (freemium, free plan does not have imap, 5 accounts only) not sure about their server Location but most likely west coast US .

    Yandex mail- land of vodka

    Inbox dot eu ( @ 10 USD/yr for 100 GB per account + 25 odd GB storage)- Latvia

    Resellers for Mxroute (plans, locations vary)

    Some providers charge
    @ USD 3 per year per domain, no cap on account.

    Or
    You can opt for EU providers- they are not 'shared hosting' providers, but specialize in email hosting.

    Tutanota
    Protonmail
    Posteo.de

    Their paid plans allow custom domains.

    I had a longer list somewhere when I was faced with a similar situation myself a couple of years ago. Over the past months I started putting the lists and resources together (thanks Evernote!) and had even put together a draft blog post . Maybe I will publish it and keep updating it, as I go back to those notes.

    Of course there are other options like Google Apps and Office 365. But for a singe website with minimal email traffic, it might be an overkill.


    @yokowasis said

    I believe someone here have share hosting with email, I think is Mike or something. Too many Mike here.

    The gang of #awesomemikes poses a possibility of confusion. But I believe you were referring to Michael from @Smallweb. Of course @MikePT offers plans with mailchannels. Something the learned and the wise may be able to comment on more elaborately.

    @deank with great troll comes great responsibility. I bow to you for taking your role seriously.

    @uptime any thoughts to add?

  • mxroute is prem

    Thanked by 1jar
  • yokowasisyokowasis Member

    @vyas11 said:
    In no particular order, I have listed the names most commonly mentioned when a similar question has been asked. (I use Zoho mail and MxRoute, had used inbox before switching to MXRoute)

    Mxroute (paid, ridiculously low rates). They also have UK and De location IIRC

    Zoho (freemium, free plan does not have imap, 5 accounts only) not sure about their server Location but most likely west coast US .

    Yandex mail- land of vodka

    Inbox dot eu ( @ 10 USD/yr for 100 GB per account + 25 odd GB storage)- Latvia

    Resellers for Mxroute (plans, locations vary)

    Some providers charge
    @ USD 3 per year per domain, no cap on account.

    Or
    You can opt for EU providers- they are not 'shared hosting' providers, but specialize in email hosting.

    Tutanota
    Protonmail
    Posteo.de

    Their paid plans allow custom domains.

    I had a longer list somewhere when I was faced with a similar situation myself a couple of years ago. Over the past months I started putting the lists and resources together (thanks Evernote!) and had even put together a draft blog post . Maybe I will publish it and keep updating it, as I go back to those notes.

    Of course there are other options like Google Apps and Office 365. But for a singe website with minimal email traffic, it might be an overkill.


    @yokowasis said

    I believe someone here have share hosting with email, I think is Mike or something. Too many Mike here.

    The gang of #awesomemikes poses a possibility of confusion. But I believe you were referring to Michael from @Smallweb. Of course @MikePT offers plans with mailchannels. Something the learned and the wise may be able to comment on more elaborately.

    @deank with great troll comes great responsibility. I bow to you for taking your role seriously.

    @uptime any thoughts to add?

    Yes. That's them. They emphasize their email capabilities that comes with their shared hosting.

    Thanked by 1MikePT
  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member

    I've been really happy with mxroute since few years. It looks like a shared host that only provide mails :D.

    Thanked by 2vyas11 jar
    DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer. Looks cool when i know what i do.
    Doing useless stuffs on amazing providers services because... Why not?
  • @Francisco said:

    @plumberg said:
    so wanna look for some diversity...

    Thanks in advance.

    Anthony is from the US, I'm from Canada, and Karen is Panamanian. Is that not diverse enough?

    Francisco

    No, one or more of you needs to be gay.

Sign In or Register to comment.