Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Free Uptime Monitoring Service?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Free Uptime Monitoring Service?

Is there any decent free uptime monitoring service? I know you get what you pay for so I'm not expecting too much. Something that checks a handful of IPs or domains every 5-15min and sends email alerts? Thanks

Comments

  • LTnigerLTniger Member

    Hetrixtools is popular here.

    Wordpress Hosting - To make developers life more enjoyable!

  • yokowasisyokowasis Member

    uptimerobot
    nodequery

    Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • DianTamaDianTama Member

    How many is handful ?
    I'm using hetrixtools free 15 Monitoring.

    Or you can try uptime robot its free plan has 50 monitoring

    Thanked by 1HBAndrei

    RevivalTV - The best esports news in Indonesia | DT Server Status - My server uptime status

  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

    HetrixTools is fantastic.

    Thanked by 2HBAndrei Ympker

    Make LET great again

  • tetahosttetahost Member, Provider
    edited May 20

    Hetrixtools and nodequery are prem, you should check them.

    Thanked by 2HBAndrei Iroshan464

    https://tetahost.com/web-hosting - 4Eur/year DirectAdmin Webhosting, Premium Shared Webhosting, Reseller and VPS services

  • Hetrixtools, easy to use

    Thanked by 1HBAndrei

    VPS : Too many
    Shared Hosting : SmallWeb/My website

  • suricloudsuricloud Member

    hetrixtools

    Thanked by 1HBAndrei
  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member

    I 've tried a lot, i've kept these one in my bookmark:

    • UptimeRobot
    • FreshPing
    • HetrixTools

    HetrixTools is the most complete/powerfull solution offered on a free tier. I wish they had a big discount again so i can get more probes :D!

    First time i hear about NodeQuery, looks like it's still in beta. I will definitively take a look on it too! Thanks for sharing guys.

    Thanked by 1HBAndrei
    DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer. Looks cool when i know what i do.
    Doing useless stuffs on amazing providers services because... Why not?
  • Only downside I see to HetrixTools is they want you to login to their website once a month to keep the free account active.

  • DianTamaDianTama Member

    @theblackesthat said:
    Only downside I see to HetrixTools is they want you to login to their website once a month to keep the free account active.

    You can pay $4.95/yr if you didn't want to login once a month. i think its reasonable and its also helping the developr

    Thanked by 2HBAndrei o_be_one

    RevivalTV - The best esports news in Indonesia | DT Server Status - My server uptime status

  • someshzsomeshz Member, Provider

    UptimeRobot & Hetrix

    Thanked by 1HBAndrei

    Nexa Racks - Reliable Web Hosting Company (India SSD KVM VPS | USA SSD KVM VPS)

  • mrTommrTom Member

    UptimeRobot +1

  • Another vote for UptimeRobot, I use it for all my personal servers.

    HetrixTools is also good, though I was so annoyed by the notification about ping monitors in the dashboard that I moved all ping monitors elsewhere.

    Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • JordJord Moderator, Provider

    Hetrixtools is prem

    Thanked by 1RedSox

    BillingServ - Easy, simple, and hassle-free online invoicing solution. Contact us today.
    BaseServ Certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013

  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member

    quicksilver03 said: HetrixTools is also good, though I was so annoyed by the notification about ping monitors in the dashboard that I moved all ping monitors elsewhere.

    Were you not able to set your notifications correctly oO?

    DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer. Looks cool when i know what i do.
    Doing useless stuffs on amazing providers services because... Why not?
  • PineappleBoxPineappleBox Member
    edited May 21

    +1 For UptimeRobot and HetrixTools. HetrixTools has a few more features and (IMO) a better UI, but UptimeRobot is extremely simple to use. Both good services.

  • NanoG6NanoG6 Member

    I loooooove HetrixTools

  • zatanaxzatanax Member

    freshping.io for me

  • _MS__MS_ Member

    HetrixTools.

  • AlienData_JoshAlienData_Josh Member, Provider
    Thanked by 1RedSox

    Alien Data: VPS and Colo Based In Texas, Unmetered Bandwidth.
    RPIServers: Dedicated Micro Servers. Unmeterd Bandwidth

  • bdlbdl Member

    Hetrixtools and Uptimerobot +1, I also use statuscake.com

    Thanked by 1HBAndrei
  • Nodequery seems a nice tool. Just added a few servers to test.

  • ofitofit Member

    Hetrix & UptimeRobot & Pinguzo

    Thanked by 1HBAndrei
  • I use https://bearmon.com and Uptimerobot and self hosted PHP server monitor. Out of that I find bearmon very accurate.

    Make your choice on your own But i can help you to make them right.

  • I'm using uptimerobot and hetrixtool

    Thanked by 1HBAndrei
  • @o_be_one said:

    quicksilver03 said: HetrixTools is also good, though I was so annoyed by the notification about ping monitors in the dashboard that I moved all ping monitors elsewhere.

    Were you not able to set your notifications correctly oO?

    I mean to the banner which appears as soon as you set up one ping monitor and which says:

    You have at least one PING uptime monitor, please read this in order to avoid false positives.

    Clicking on the small "X" icon makes this banner go away but only until the next login to the dashboard. After the 10th time I had enough, so I removed all ping monitors.

  • UptimeRobot is better for free because of higher monitors and no hassling about monthly login.

  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited May 21

    quicksilver03 said: I mean to the banner which appears as soon as you set up one ping monitor

    Oh yeah right i've seen that too. It's a bit annoying yeah, i haven't checked if there is a way to just not show this notification again. Maybe we can ask them (are they on LET?)?

    TimboJones said: UptimeRobot is better for free because of higher monitors and no hassling about monthly login.

    :(

    UptimeRobot is limited to what they can gather from your servers / online availability. You set probes to poll if TCP, SSH, ping or whatever is reachable. Metrics graphics are quite short but the service is really great for the number of probes you can set and quite powerful.

    On the side HetrixTools provide a system daemon metric tool so you can view more from your serveurs: load, ram, network, disk... And you can even show it on your public page. You have also SSL check, domain expiry check, DNS check and blacklist check. I don't talk about all supported notifications systems. Public page are way more complete, showing system metrics you are willing to show to your public or your team. Yeah, it's limited to 14 probes per account, so UptimeRobot is a good alternative for all less useful stuffs.
    Dev asks less than 5$/year to remove your requirement to login every months ; it's terribly cheap! You can use an awesome/complete service for just 2 coffees every years (or even nothing if you are ok to log in every months).

    I hope i've shared something you learned. I'm an happy user of UptimeRobot and HetrixTools.

    Thanked by 2_MS_ HBAndrei
    DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer. Looks cool when i know what i do.
    Doing useless stuffs on amazing providers services because... Why not?
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Provider

    quicksilver03 said: Clicking on the small "X" icon makes this banner go away but only until the next login to the dashboard. After the 10th time I had enough, so I removed all ping monitors.

    That's cookie based, I'm guessing you are clearing your cookies a lot which caused the notice to reappear. Unfortunately the notice is needed there to warn users about the default CSF settings that heavily rate limit incoming ping requests, which in turn can cause false positive uptime monitoring notifications.

    But really, if you're not clearing your cookies, that notification will only appear once a year after being dismissed.

    TimboJones said: UptimeRobot is better for free because of higher monitors and no hassling about monthly login.

    Unfortunately processing monitors for inactive users is very inefficient. User signs up, adds their website(s), logs out and forever forgets about your platform. You end up having a lot of dead accounts and dead websites that your platform monitors for nothing, wasting away resources from active users.

    I believe that logging in once a month isn't such a big hussle, but if it is, then there's always the $4.95/yr package, which I think is a reasonable option to disable this 'activity requirement'. It's just a nominal fee for us to know that even though you're not regularly logging into your account, you haven't completely abandoned it.

    Cheers.

    Thanked by 1o_be_one

    Free Uptime Monitoring - minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it.
    Free Blacklist Monitoring - don't let a few bad clients ruin your network.

  • vimalwarevimalware Member

    Zilore is free. I've been very happy with it for 2 yrs

    Tired of LET scams?
    A Moderated forum : https://talk.lowendspirit.com/

  • rcy026rcy026 Member

    @HBAndrei said:

    quicksilver03 said: Clicking on the small "X" icon makes this banner go away but only until the next login to the dashboard. After the 10th time I had enough, so I removed all ping monitors.

    That's cookie based, I'm guessing you are clearing your cookies a lot which caused the notice to reappear. Unfortunately the notice is needed there to warn users about the default CSF settings that heavily rate limit incoming ping requests, which in turn can cause false positive uptime monitoring notifications.

    But really, if you're not clearing your cookies, that notification will only appear once a year after being dismissed.

    I disagree. I get that banner every time I login, and I have cookies that are probably 10 years old in my browser.
    Fix the cookies or add a tag to the account instead that says that the user has already dismissed the banner = never show it again.

    Thanked by 1quicksilver03
  • @HBAndrei said:

    TimboJones said: UptimeRobot is better for free because of higher monitors and no hassling about monthly login.

    Unfortunately processing monitors for inactive users is very inefficient. User signs up, adds their website(s), logs out and forever forgets about your platform. You end up having a lot of dead accounts and dead websites that your platform monitors for nothing, wasting away resources from active users.

    I believe that logging in once a month isn't such a big hussle, but if it is, then there's always the $4.95/yr package, which I think is a reasonable option to disable this 'activity requirement'. It's just a nominal fee for us to know that even though you're not regularly logging into your account, you haven't completely abandoned it.

    Cheers.

    I hear you and you're free to add whatever requirements you want, but I agree to disagree on one month being an abandoned cutoff. You configure a sensor and if your servers work well, we don't get any notifications, so no need to manually login. Even if there was a problem, the notifications means you don't need to login. But to satisfy your requirement, one must login on demand or lose the account. No accounting for illness, vacations, etc circumstances. That's not proof of abandonment, just unavailable. I don't consider your "free" tier to be "free" in the usual sense due to this time limited requirement and the two cups of coffee sell.

    Any other service I know of that removes inactive accounts are 6-24 months without login, so one month sticks out pretty hard. You generally want to incentivize users by coming to your site to make use of features and use more and more that benefits them, not to tick off a time suck requirement and FORCE users to begrudgingly login on demand.

  • IMHO,
    Hetrixtools is a great service. One that's worth the asking price. It is a good thing that we could use the service for free. Else you'll have to make a payment every month. Login to he service isn't much of an issue and if I remember correctly, they send an email reminding to log in. However, I may consider paying the nominal fee in the future to avoid that too.

  • twaintwain Member

    The Hetrix paid plans appear to start at $70/yr, or am I missing something? Where is the $5/yr plan? Or is that just kind of like an “option” for the free plan?

    https://hetrixtools.com/pricing/uptime-monitor/

  • benj0xbenj0x Member

    @twain said:
    The Hetrix paid plans appear to start at $70/yr, or am I missing something? Where is the $5/yr plan? Or is that just kind of like an “option” for the free plan?

    https://hetrixtools.com/pricing/uptime-monitor/

    Just click on "No activity requirement".

    Thanked by 1twain

    is annoyed of VirMach's Black Friday Flash Sale Page.

  • RamiRami Member
    edited May 23

    I'm using these two:
    uptimerobot
    nodequery

  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Provider

    rcy026 said: Fix the cookies or add a tag to the account instead that says that the user has already dismissed the banner = never show it again.

    I'll look into it. Thanks for the feedback.

    @TimboJones said:

    @HBAndrei said:

    TimboJones said: UptimeRobot is better for free because of higher monitors and no hassling about monthly login.

    Unfortunately processing monitors for inactive users is very inefficient. User signs up, adds their website(s), logs out and forever forgets about your platform. You end up having a lot of dead accounts and dead websites that your platform monitors for nothing, wasting away resources from active users.

    I believe that logging in once a month isn't such a big hussle, but if it is, then there's always the $4.95/yr package, which I think is a reasonable option to disable this 'activity requirement'. It's just a nominal fee for us to know that even though you're not regularly logging into your account, you haven't completely abandoned it.

    Cheers.

    I hear you and you're free to add whatever requirements you want, but I agree to disagree on one month being an abandoned cutoff. You configure a sensor and if your servers work well, we don't get any notifications, so no need to manually login. Even if there was a problem, the notifications means you don't need to login. But to satisfy your requirement, one must login on demand or lose the account. No accounting for illness, vacations, etc circumstances. That's not proof of abandonment, just unavailable. I don't consider your "free" tier to be "free" in the usual sense due to this time limited requirement and the two cups of coffee sell.

    Any other service I know of that removes inactive accounts are 6-24 months without login, so one month sticks out pretty hard. You generally want to incentivize users by coming to your site to make use of features and use more and more that benefits them, not to tick off a time suck requirement and FORCE users to begrudgingly login on demand.

    Certainly a valid point. I realise it may be frustrating to have to log into the dashboard every month, especially if you're not actively using the platform to overview the activity of your servers/websites. However this allows us to offer the service for free for as long as you wish to use it.

    Cheers.

    Thanked by 1Ouji

    Free Uptime Monitoring - minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it.
    Free Blacklist Monitoring - don't let a few bad clients ruin your network.

  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited May 23

    Well beggars cant be choosers, I forgot to login once (after 30 days) and HetrixTools actually sent an email to inform me instead of just closing down my account. Cant really complain given the great service and the fact that they still give a grace period instead of just close down your account instantly.


    With that being said, I would hope that HetrixTools could provide a slightly longer period during this pandemic because things can be quite difficult for some people.

    Make LET great again

  • 4380043800 Member

    HetrixTools does the job!

    You can tell by the response here, it's quite popular.

    Thanked by 1HBAndrei
  • donkodonko Member
    edited May 24

    anyone can advice monitoring service for servers like hetrixtool agent?
    (i want to check, ram, cpu usage on status page)
    i saw nodequery but is limited to 10 and don't see any option to pay for more slot

  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Provider

    FAT32 said: With that being said, I would hope that HetrixTools could provide a slightly longer period during this pandemic because things can be quite difficult for some people.

    Fair point. Changed it to one login every 60 days instead of every 30 days, and this will most likely be the new norm, even after this pandemic is over.

    Cheers.

    Free Uptime Monitoring - minimize your downtime by being the first to know about it.
    Free Blacklist Monitoring - don't let a few bad clients ruin your network.

  • pbxpbx Member

    HBAndrei said: Changed it to one login every 60 days instead of every 30 days, and this will most likely be the new norm, even after this pandemic is over.

    Nice, thanks!

  • @HBAndrei said:

    FAT32 said: With that being said, I would hope that HetrixTools could provide a slightly longer period during this pandemic because things can be quite difficult for some people.

    Fair point. Changed it to one login every 60 days instead of every 30 days, and this will most likely be the new norm, even after this pandemic is over.

    Cheers.

    Huge. Biggly thanks.

  • @HBAndrei
    Nice one.
    Nothing's compares to yours in value now.

Sign In or Register to comment.