Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Looking for a small under $10 yearly vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Looking for a small under $10 yearly vps

raza19raza19 Member
edited May 20 in General

Hi,

I have been away from LET for a while now. Most of the oldtimers here dont seem to be active anymore. Offers like Fran's openvpn are gone, can't see Anthony's posts either.

Can anyone please recommend a small annual box from a reliable provider, I need to run some basic scripts, a vpn maybe. Openvz will do.

Thank you

We are star-stuff. We are the Universe, made manifest, trying to figure itself out.

Comments

  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited May 20

    There's one offer thread on the main page that could fulfil this:

    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/164715/gullos-hosting-littlevz-8-year-dirt-cheap-dedicated-ip-vps-in-the-uk

    Cam is a good guy, it even comes with 1 IPv4 :)

    Thanked by 4raza19 Cam default Unixfy

    Make LET great again

  • weivinweivin Member

    I have azure student account, 100 credits, can use 1H1G machine for 10 months, only need 10 dollars

  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

    @weivin said:
    I have azure student account, 100 credits, can use 1H1G machine for 10 months, only need 10 dollars

    Sorry but no. We don't allow selling of education accounts here.

    Make LET great again

  • raza19raza19 Member

    @FAT32 said:

    @weivin said:
    I have azure student account, 100 credits, can use 1H1G machine for 10 months, only need 10 dollars

    Sorry but no. We don't allow selling of education accounts here.

    You know few years ago I had a similar debate against selling of legacy google apps account by some members. But no one listened and several accounts were terminated by google after they figured out they changed hands.

    I welcome this change in policy (y).

    We are star-stuff. We are the Universe, made manifest, trying to figure itself out.

  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

    @raza19 said:
    You know few years ago I had a similar debate against selling of legacy google apps account by some members. But no one listened and several accounts were terminated by google after they figured out they changed hands.

    I welcome this change in policy (y).

    The issue here is education / non-profit accounts are meant for the original purpose only. I don't understand why some people would like to spoil it.

    If there are more and more abuse, it affects the actual students who really want to use it for learning purposes.

    Generally the rule of thumb is don't be a dick. Based on my findings this particular user also sell G Suite for Education Admin Account. That's clearly violating the terms of services and we don't tolerate such behaviour here.

    Thanked by 2raza19 maverickp

    Make LET great again

  • vyas11vyas11 Member

    +1 for offer by @Cam

    Also check out the offer by @virtono a little north of your $ 10 (I am assuming it is US $ 10) https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/164664/stayhome-workremote-special-discounts-inside#latest

    Thanked by 3raza19 Cam virtono
  • hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Provider
    edited May 22

    If you are still looking for the offers, please look at our LEB Offers here:

    HostNamaste – OpenVZ VPS from $10/Year in Los Angeles, Dallas, Jacksonville, USA and France, Europe

    HostNamaste.com - A Reliable Indian Hosting Company You Can Trust.

    OpenVZ VPS, KVM VPS and Budget Dedicated Servers in Los Angeles, Dallas, Jacksonville, France, India and Russia.

  • If you are still looking, take a look at http://lowendstock.com/deals/. Of those listed and meeting your budget requirement, perhaps you could try HostSailor. I have 2 VPSes from them, with uptime like:

    $ uptime
     07:53:06 up 161 days,  6:51,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.05

    (Romania, $10.09/year, not a deal from lowendstock)

    $ uptime
     07:52:32 up 300 days, 13:23,  1 user,  load average: 0.05, 0.02, 0.00

    (Netherlands, $6.60/year)

    Thanked by 2default Rami

  • vyas11vyas11 Member

    @chihcherng said:
    If you are still looking, take a look at http://lowendstock.com/deals/. Of those listed and meeting your budget requirement, perhaps you could try HostSailor. I have 2 VPSes from them, with uptime like:

    $ uptime
    >  07:53:06 up 161 days,  6:51,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.05

    (Romania, $10.09/year, not a deal from lowendstock)

    $ uptime
    >  07:52:32 up 300 days, 13:23,  1 user,  load average: 0.05, 0.02, 0.00

    (Netherlands, $6.60/year)

    Hmm.. a site with aff links and no SSL.... in 2020, I thought this combination did not exit.

  • jsgjsg Member

    @vyas11 said:
    Hmm.. a site with aff links and no SSL.... in 2020, I thought this combination did not exit.

    No SSL? OMG!!! We'll all die! No such agency will find out that we were looking for cheap VPSs!!!

    (They'd know with SSL too but we shouldn't allow facts to taint our great "encrypt! everything! always!!!" religion).

    Thanks no.

  • defaultdefault Member

    @vyas11 said:
    Hmm.. a site with aff links and no SSL.... in 2020, I thought this combination did not exit.

    Regarding aff links, nothing is wrong with people trying to make an honest buck. They do not take your money by providing some links for you.

    Regarding SSL: it only encrypts data in transit, which is useful for passwords and sensitive information to not be captured by others. I do not see anything sensitive in some aff links and some online offers. Are you affiliated with Google or something? (because they are the ones who started all this "not secure" insanity to make more money).

    Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited May 22
  • jsgjsg Member
    edited May 22

    @default said:
    Regarding SSL: it only encrypts data in transit, which is useful for passwords and sensitive information to not be captured by others. I do not see anything sensitive in some aff links and some online offers. Are you affiliated with Google or something? (because they are the ones who started all this "not secure" insanity to make more money).

    I don't think it's just or mainly Google. From what I see it is or at least has become a large global clueless crowd but yes, Google was one of the major players driving the religion. Sadly those fanatical believers seriously believe that SSL/TLS can protect them from nsa & Co plus, and probably more grave, they fail to understand that SSL/TLS actually can create problems. One ugly example being that https is quite useful for DDOS attacks and thanks to the SSL designers and enforcers there is pretty much no defense other than throwing loads of money and large CDNs at it (which however contradicts the very purpose of SSL/TLS).

    Thanks no.

  • defaultdefault Member

    @vyas11 said:
    everything wrong in not declaring them.

    Wrong. People here are forced to declare affiliated links because of the rules of this board, which apply only here. But on another website, the owner can do whatever he/she wants on his/her own website. Outside LET, you are no longer bound (or "protected") by LET rules.

    Maybe you should stay away and not visit other websites, especially the ones that contain offers, because who knows what malicious affiliated links it contains, trying to steal your data. And if you see a phpBB forum, be very careful, as these have a plugin installed by default, which provides affiliated links for phpBB team to make money.

    Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

  • vyas11vyas11 Member

    @default said:

    @vyas11 said:
    everything wrong in not declaring them.

    Wrong. People here are forced to declare affiliated links because of the rules of this board, which apply only here. But on another website, the owner can do whatever he/she wants on his/her own website. Outside LET, you are no longer bound (or "protected") by LET rules.

    Maybe you should stay away and not visit other websites, especially the ones that contain offers, because who knows what malicious affiliated links it contains, trying to steal your data. And if you see a phpBB forum, be very careful, as these have a plugin installed by default, which provides affiliated links for phpBB team to make money.

    More yawn

  • defaultdefault Member

    @vyas11 said:
    Yawn.

    @vyas11 said:
    More yawn

    Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited May 22

    @default said:

    @vyas11 said:
    Yawn.

    @vyas11 said:
    More yawn

    The caption in the image you posted is indeed interesting... ignorance is indeed bliss

    Quote from the article

    So where did the myth that they bury their heads in the sand originate? Call it good parenting.

    When it's time to start a family, the ostrich digs a massive hole measuring between 6 and 8 feet wide and 2 to 3 feet deep. They bury the eggs safely in the ground, then mom and dad take turns sitting on the eggs to protect them until they're ready to hatch. A few times a day, the ostrich parents dip their heads below the ground to gently turn the eggs using their beaks [source: American Ostrich Association]. This relatively brief head-duck -- which lasts only as long as it takes the ostrich to inspect and arrange the eggs to its satisfaction -- may have given rise to the head-burying myth.

    https://animals.howstuffworks.com/birds/do-ostriches-really-bury-heads-in-sand.htm

    And oh it is a site with a ssl cert. Sorry could not find one without

    Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • defaultdefault Member

    @vyas11 said:
    And oh it is a site with a ssl cert. Sorry could not find one without

    Yawn.

    Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

  • defaultdefault Member
    edited May 22

    Regarding ethernetservers - anyone knows what virtualization they use?

    Disregard. They use OpenVZ. Partial answer in their knowledgebase: https://www.ethernetservers.com/clients/knowledgebase/194/Can-you-enable-loop-device-support.html

    Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

  • RecDRecD Member

    You can always find deals under 10 in offers category [/categories/offers].
    And my answer is Virmach

    Idling Spammer

  • add_iTadd_iT Member

    @vyas11 said:

    @chihcherng said:
    If you are still looking, take a look at http://lowendstock.com/deals/. Of those listed and meeting your budget requirement, perhaps you could try HostSailor. I have 2 VPSes from them, with uptime like:

    $ uptime
    > >  07:53:06 up 161 days,  6:51,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.05

    (Romania, $10.09/year, not a deal from lowendstock)

    $ uptime
    > >  07:52:32 up 300 days, 13:23,  1 user,  load average: 0.05, 0.02, 0.00

    (Netherlands, $6.60/year)

    Hmm.. a site with aff links and no SSL.... in 2020, I thought this combination did not exit.

    Which node are your romanian vps?
    OVZ or KVM?

    I have 512mb romanian kvm with them , but my vm always got random shutdown, especially when i try to update OS (currently with debian 8)

    Although my OVZ vps in NL with them looks fine until now

  • add_iT said: Which node are your romanian vps? OVZ or KVM?

    vz02ro, OpenVZ.


Sign In or Register to comment.