Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shardhost Info - Urgent Client Action - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shardhost Info - Urgent Client Action

Comments

• AnthonySmith said: It cant be for none payment, you know you don't have enough money more than an hour before the bill is due.

Why? What if they receive an official warning "pay by tomorrow at noon or we are pulling the plug"?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@rds100 said:

If you pay your bill monthly, yearly, quarterly or on any other term, you know when it is due, you do not get your invoice on a 1 hour payment term, not ever, not under any circumstances.

That is why.

• @AnthonySmith maybe they thought they would be able to negotiate it, to get away with it, etc.
    We don't know, it's all guessing. Maybe @jbiloh can chime in, or his buddy @CVPS_Chris

• @sleddog said:
    Bugger. Just yesterday I was recommending them as reliable :o) I hope everyone has learned not to listen to anything I say! :)
    @sleddog said:
    Bugger. Just yesterday I was recommending them as reliable :o) I hope everyone has

learned not to listen to anything I say! :)

Bad things happen in threes??

It's a shame about this, I had a really pretty IP..

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

This isn't anything we've caused. We're trying to figure out what's going on just like everyone else.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I'm not sure jbiloh will say anything about is. That wouldn't look to good if information were spread about clients (in this former) to the general public.
    I know I would have a problem doing business with someone talking about me behind my back. So don't hold your breath on getting some info from there.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@MikHo said:
    I'm not sure jbiloh will say anything about is. That wouldn't look to good if information were spread about clients (in this former) to the general public.
    I know I would have a problem doing business with someone talking about me behind my back. So don't hold your breath on getting some info from there.

Exactly, if we knew something I couldn't share it. But in this case, I know nothing, heh.

Thanked by 2AuroraZ DalComp
  • concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited November 2013

Sad to hear. They did offer lower and lower prices recently. It sounded strange.

• More and more proof that we need to get out of this race to the bottom mindset.

edited November 2013

So based on limited information this seems like a voluntary company wind up (the reason behind the wind up will probably remain unknown) but that being the case there is no real excuse for 1 hours notice unless they got hacked again and decided that is is F&&K this S&&T o'clock and threw the towel in without a care in the world.

The tell will be when someone pastes the response from the accountant, they need to be VERY careful though if they are winding up without following correct guide lines they will be struck off as directors for a number of years and not allowed to run any new or existing companies.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Interesting turn of events

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2013
  • Not sure if it's related, but one of their nodes was running like shit over the weekend, I/O was about 3MB/s. My ticket was ignored for 3 days until I bumped it, whereby the node was rebooted and the ticket closed. I/O went to around 20MB/s, but I couldn't be arsed complaining further.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    And this folks is why the notion that registered companies are more trust worthy baffles me, they wind up the company and boom, gone and untouchable, a sole trader on the other hand... personally and legally liable.

Yep. At least in the states for sure, an LLC can be easier to dissolve without personal harm than a sole trader. Situation dependent of course, with certain exceptions.

• Can't really say that i'm surprised...

• earlearl Member
    edited November 2013

Can't say I did not see it coming.. especially when they made that site for strictly yearly offers!

Oh well $10 for 5 months service.. still ok I think.

@jarland said:
    Yep. At least in the states for sure, an LLC can be easier to dissolve without personal harm than a sole trader. Situation dependent of course, with certain exceptions.

UK and most of western EU as well.

• is shardhost die forever?

@skizoid said:
    is shardhost die forever?

Yes 100%

• @skizoid said:
    is shardhost die forever?

Looks like the pulled a RackVM

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Yes 100%

F*** i lost my data. not visit lowendtalk early and not read email early....

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Still talking to ShardHost guys, dont give up all hope yet!

Thanked by 1earl
  • Would be happy to help if they need anything. Considering they are in Dallas, we'd be happy to take them up too.

edited November 2013

@CVPS_Chris said:

They have made a public announcement that they have ceased trading, you cant legally do that unless you have notified companies house, you cant wind up a company outside of liquidation without making some effort to notify and pay back creditors.

Be very careful what you sign up for Chris, even if you don't pay a penny for the client base you will be legally taking on the creditors, being that you are in the USA you are probably untouchable but in doing so you would leave the directors liable for serious legal action and fines in the region of £1000's

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Apologies for intruding here, but ShardHosting is owned by genuine people who I've personally been friends with for a number of years, I am sure there is a genuine reason for this, and I don't really think Liquidation has taken place, I assume something much larger is at play, either way, it's a shame to see such a good host come to an end.

@AnthonySmith, already taken care of :) Instead of looking like the bad guy in the community Im trying to be the good guy and help a lot of people out.

• @CVPS_Chris said:

While it's good to hear that they are attempting to resolve this.. but even if they did pull through what are the chances that people still have any trust in the brand after they announced something like this?

@Earl, the old owners would have nothing to do with it. Would be new management and team

Thanked by 1earl
  • ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Hey guys. Sorry to hear about the hard times, hope everything is alright. For everyone losing a vps, message me or open a ticket and we'll discuss picking up the remainder of your term as a gesture of good will, provided the offer wasn't something we can't sustain.

Thanked by 2Nekki DalComp

@CVPS_Chris said:
    AnthonySmith, already taken care of :) Instead of looking like the bad guy in the community Im trying to be the good guy and help a lot of people out.

Yep I would love to see you pull a rabbit out of the hat here and get people re-united with their data, I just think you need to be aware they could face prosecution and strike off by doing this if they pass assets over to another company after declaring cessation.

This is an actual criminal charge under the company's act 2006 (I think it is 2006)

So if CC have nothing to do with it who were they renting/ colo'ing through to begin with that has shut them down?

@eastonch perhaps you could ask them to stop stone walling then and give people a hint, genuinely nice people do not screw people over like this.