Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Shardhost Info - Urgent Client Action
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Shardhost Info - Urgent Client Action

edited November 2013 in General

Due to recent unexpected trading circumstances Shard Hosting Solutions LTD has ceased trading with immediate effect. We urge all clients to take a backup of their data immediately as we cannot guarantee how long services will operate for before being disconnected by our upstream suppliers.

If you feel you are a creditor please contact:

PHILIP LAWRENCE
email:- [email protected]

Baverstocks Limited Dickens House, 3-7 Guithavon St, Witham CM8 1BJ

Comments

• Hmm... What a news.

© 2011-2019 eLohkCalb

• lolwut?

• I just paid for TWO yearly VPS a few days ago... will I get a refund or should I file a chargeback?

FrostVPN.com so cheap

• @Eobble said:
    I just paid for TWO yearly VPS a few days ago... will I get a refund or should I file a chargeback?

I am limited in what I can say on this matter; however you may contact the email provided or seek recompense through the payment processor. The company is unable to provide refunds at this time

• So what happened? The tax authorities came asking about the company, or what?

Thanked by 1tux

-

• ShardHostSarah said: I am limited in what I can say on this matter; however you may contact the email provided or seek recompense through the payment processor. The company is unable to provide refunds at this time

So when will a proper statement be released detailing what is happening?

• Well this is disappointing. Paid up for a year not quite a month ago, had a nice Observium setup running there.

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Top Provider

@Zen said:

So, why not sell out? Always my first question in these scenarios.

Dam, you beat me :P

HostUS | OpenVZ & KVM VPS in 10 worldwide locations with our own Breeze Panel!
    AS7489 | View our network | LIR Services - IPv4, IPv6, ASN | Latest Special Offers!

• Seriously... So you won't process a refund and you're not offering the service we paid for?

FrostVPN.com so cheap

• Based on the fact they have listed an accountant as the contact details this suggests liquidation, which does not happen over night, it is a concious decision and even under forced circumstances you could have quite easily given people more time.

This is VERY bad play.

I am no longer active here, find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com

• There where also hacked, WHCMS leaked....

• edited November 2013

@Infinity580 said:
    There where also hacked, WHCMS leaked....

details?

• callecalle Member
    edited November 2013

That's sad. I was happy with my box. A well don't spend more than you can afford to lose i suppose.

• feel sad for the provider, One more dead pool entry i suppose. although we don't know what happened.

Also paid for a whole year when they last gave a deal in LET. and did not get around to using it also (problem loading a image and then got busy)

I hope there is pro-rated refunds.

• @calle said:
    That's sad. I was happy with my box. A well don't spend more than you can afford to lose i suppose.

did u have a box with them? for how long? what specs?

• They had over £21,000+ cash in the bank on their last return so no good reason for you not to get a refund, I suggest someone hits up the accountant handling what is probably a liquidation/ company wind up and post the response here.

If it is simply a wind up of the company they must satisfy creditors first, as someone who has paid up front you are considered a creditor.

Thanked by 3rds100 sundaymouse Asim

• Bugger. Just yesterday I was recommending them as reliable :o) I hope everyone has learned not to listen to anything I say! :)

Thanked by 2Asim k0nsl
  • srikanth131 said: I hope there is pro-rated refunds.

ShardHostSarah said: I am limited in what I can say on this matter; however you may contact the email provided or seek recompense through the payment processor. The company is unable to provide refunds at this time

Catch me over at Primary DNS. If you want to chat I am done with this cesspool.

• @EphemeralEclipse said:
    did u have a box with them? for how long? what specs?

Not a dedi if it was unclear (sorry if it was)

512 mb ram VPS. From 16 juli.
    Was running well as a small torrentbox for Routeros/ubuntu/debian. Also used it for a private vpn when i needed to test latency to other stuff :)

• AnthonySmith said: it is a concious decision

They actually posted an ads on annualkvm.com in vpsboard early this month.

© 2011-2019 eLohkCalb

• Yay! I can't even fucking take a backup.

I'm glad that my offsite backups work. Useless company

Thanked by 1Asim
  • And this folks is why the notion that registered companies are more trust worthy baffles me, they wind up the company and boom, gone and untouchable, a sole trader on the other hand... personally and legally liable.

Thanked by 2dhamaniasad k0nsl

• callecalle Member
    edited November 2013

@DrJinglesMD said:
    Yay! I can't even fucking take a backup.

I'm glad that my offsite backups work. Useless company

Can't you connect using SSH? works for me.

EDIT: wait.. am i wrong here im using shardhost.com are they diffrent?
    Edit2: lol "shardhost - info blabla" not shardhost.info... i did get the same mail and i really need to get to sleep :)

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited November 2013

@Jack said:
    Well jbiloh is responsible for how long the VMs stay online for... I'm sure CVPS will happily take over the clients... CVPS_Chris

Then Chris would have to deal with me again since I have had 2 VPS's with Shard. :P

• They probably got some legal trouble after the data leaks from the recent hack(s). Or a hefty fine or something.

-

• @calle said:

I have no clue what that root password is

shrugs oh well

• @calle said:
    Was running well as a small torrentbox for Routeros/ubuntu/debian. Also used it for a private vpn when i needed to test latency to other stuff :)

how long have you paid for? o.o

• callecalle Member
    edited November 2013

@EphemeralEclipse said:
    how long have you paid for? o.o

A year...

• @AnthonySmith said:
    And this folks is why the notion that registered companies are more trust worthy baffles me, they wind up the company and boom, gone and untouchable, a sole trader on the other hand...

...disappear off the face of the earth.

• @calle said:
    A year...

I think it is .com they are talking about right? o_o

• @EphemeralEclipse said:
    I think it is .com they are talking about right? o_o

It is. Im just really sleepy and read the title of the thread wrong.

I got the same mail so i think will lose that box :(

• LESLES Member
    edited November 2013

DrJinglesMD said: Yay! I can't even fucking take a backup.

WHMCS is in Maintenance modus. Domain annualkvm.com already parked.

VPS List ★ LowEndStock.com ★ | → Follow @ Twitter | → Best (limited) VPS Deals

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member
    edited November 2013

@Spirit said:

Is that a request?

Side note if this is a wind up they are required to notify all creditors within (I think) 30 days.

• VPS down, that was fast....

• callecalle Member
    edited November 2013

@Infinity580 said:
    VPS down, that was fast....

confirmed

I feel sorry for everyone who didn't have time to pull the data (or did not keep proper backups.)

• We should have a list of the owner, address, company, picture, and pet, when a bussines comes to offer services.

so if bussines fail, you can have a WALL OF SHAME, so nobody can fall on their shit, even if the person/company is involved, maybe in 2 months they come back with another name.

Maybe the admins should request that info before they post an offer.

Thanked by 1k0nsl

Nothing for the moment

• NeoonNeoon Member
    edited November 2013

I will create a website for this, have already got a doamin. Gimme 10 minutes.

• sleddogsleddog Member
    edited November 2013

But that would take all the fun out of the lowenddance :)

PS: I'm down in Dallas :(

• Just a reminder that CVPS has never done anything like this.

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Provider

I have contacted Sarah to see if I can be of any help to help clients stay online. Will see if she responds.

ColoCrossing.com - Premier Datacenter and Cloud Solutions for Business

• A coincidence, but the Gravatar looks so happy :)

• Wow! 50 minutes after the... "short notice", vps disappeared! Oh, boy, that was short! Well, even if anybody saw that immediately and started taking backup, there were no time to complete and do the move! They was hosted in cc datacenter. I think, jbiloh shoud give us some more details, because some of the readers of LEB did buy yearly offers just some days ago. The offers posted here and in LEB and the datacenter of those offers is ColoCrossing (the owners of LEB/LET).

• Businesses fail, they provided good service while they were up and something catastrophic has happened to them.

Sucks if you bought a multi-month plan but give them a chance to make it right before we burn them at the stake. If they fail to make it right then let the hunt begin...

• Well that fucking sucks, didn't even have time to pull down an updated backup, bollocks.

Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

• is the site shardhost.com??

Down for Maintenance (Err 3)

Nothing for the moment

• @dedicados said:
    is the site shardhost.com??

Down for Maintenance (Err 3)

Yepp it looks like it. got the same mail.

• I was in the middle of creating sql dump.. lol