Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking bunch of VPS's for specific needs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking bunch of VPS's for specific needs

Hey!

Don't throw tomatoes at me

I'm looking VPS's for specific needs. It's kinda not 'legal'. Bittorent, that means that files will be download from private trackers, so no illegal content.

I'm searching for provider(s) who could help me with my idea and provide offers.

So basically this is what I'm looking for:

vCores: From 2 to 8
RAM: From 8 GB to 16 GB
SSD: From 160 to 800 GB
Connection: From 40 TB(would be ideal if OUT only would count) to Unmetered on 1 Gbit/s.

We will discuss the conditions in person. Interested in bunch nodes.

Were thinking about netcup, read through their ToS but not quite sure about this specific usage.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• @deank said:
    The end is nigh.

Nice to meet you, Troll.

Welcome to hell.

• benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited May 2020

OVH VPS:
    8 Cores, 8GB RAM, 160GB NVMe, unmetered 2Gbit/s for 27,60€ par mois excl.

But keep in mind: "The Customer acknowledges that for security reasons, certain features, uses and protocols (such as IRC or P2P file sharing) are likely to be limited by the Service." according to their TOS

Further, they'll drop, (suspend), you quite fast if you use public trackers or receive DCMA (or similar) complaints.

By the way: What's stopping you from using netcup?
    (Umm, well. Just don't torrent on servers hosted in Germany.)

• CalmDownCalmDown Member
    edited May 2020

@benj0x, Thank you, but their traffic amount is not for me.

Well, you know how much ppl are torrenting on Hetzner servers, heh?

I think netcup does not allow it, even if you are doing it with private trackers, no?

• benj0xbenj0x Member
    edited May 2020

@CalmDown said:
    @benj0x, Thank you.

Well, you know how much ppl are torrenting on Hetzner servers, heh?

I think netcup does not allow it, even if you are doing it with private trackers, no?

Well, that's right. There are of course folks around with Hetzner servers. It seems they don't care as long as you don't receive any takedown requests.

Just checked netcup's TOS (just use DeepL, they're amazing translation-wise). They only disallow the distributing of copyrighted material, which you aren't doing as you did say that you have no "illegal content".

I've been torrenting for a while real Linux ISOs (Ubuntu, Kali, Debian) without any problems. No experience so far with other content on their servers.

Thanked by 1CalmDown
  • @benj0x They have eng version of the website, so yeah, I was able to read it.

Well, then netcup should also do not care(because I do not receive any DMCA notices).

I will stick with them for now, but maybe some other providers will be also interested :)

• benj0xbenj0x Member

@CalmDown said:
    @benj0x They have eng version of the website, so yeah, I was able to read it.

Well, then netcup should also do not care(because I do not receive any DMCA notices).

I will stick with them for now, but maybe some other providers will also be interested :)

Oh yeah, I forgot about netcup.eu. Sorry.

Guess then you're covered so far.

But keep in mind: Don't pirate content. That's unfair. :)

Thanked by 1CalmDown
  • @benj0x Yeah, only private trackers, like RED, HDBits, TL.

Their content is legal, so there should be no problems.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Our slices would be a good fit :) Especially the Ryzen ones.

We'll have more Vegas stock in a couple days.

Francisco

• @Francisco Can we talk over email maybe? To discuss some things :)

Also, maybe somebody offers 10 Gbit/s VPS? 20-40 TB bandwidth would be fine.

• AC_FanAC_Fan Member

Hetzner Cloud (CX31 + 80GB or CPX31)? 2/4 vCores, 8GB RAM, 160GB NVMe and unmetered in + 20TB out at less than 14 dollars a month.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@CalmDown said:

If it ain't illegal we don't mind, https://readydedis.com/cloud-servers just open a ticket for the extra disk space.