Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Looking for ElectronJS or Adobe AIR HTML/JS/PHP coder with strong linux & servers knowledge
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for ElectronJS or Adobe AIR HTML/JS/PHP coder with strong linux & servers knowledge

PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider
edited May 2020 in Requests

We have a Adobe AIR made desktop application which needs to be brought to today's standards, and upgrading to Electron JS seems like a good idea as Adobe AIR seems more or less abandoned.

The program is essentially a browser encapsulation with few desktop features, but we'd like to add additional features which needs more OS hookups. It needs to be able to do system file association and send files to server (current one uses base64_encode with a POST request to server), minimize to system tray. Otherwise it's just a browser embedded into desktop app. But there are indeed a few features further we'd like to go.

You can re-use our old Adobe Air JS codebase to get all the basic functionality.

There will be followup projects for a skilled person, and continuous work. Even possibility for wider reaching work than development.

Code needs to be well documented and adhere to Linux kernel dev rules on code formatting (quite basic, adds to readability a lot tho and ensures certain level of code quality, ie. limits on nested loops and function calls, and how things must be formatted such as camelCase)

Please quote us your hourly rate + resume/cv, links to past projects etc.

We prefer payments via Paypal or IBAN Wiretransfer, but if need be we can use Transferwise or some other method as well.

**EDIT Mods sorry if this is wrong sub to place this to.

Comments

• hzrhzr Member

adhere to Linux kernel dev rules on code formatting

I don't think I've ever seen this in modern JS, many people use https://standardjs.com or something similar

limits on nested loops and function calls

With JS, especially in Electron, you will probably have a ton of anonymous functions and => functions being called

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

hzr said: I don't think I've ever seen this in modern JS, many people use https://standardjs.com or something similar

It's about formatting, things like camelCase, no nested single line loops, no deeper than "4 levels" of nesting code in single function, keeping functions smallish, same as with classes etc etc. Name your functions with understandable human readable names, same with variables etc.

It is not language dependant. It's very simple code quality stuff really.

hzr said: With JS, especially in Electron, you will probably have a ton of anonymous functions and => functions being called

Read above comment.
    You can nest in total more than 4 levels of recurrent loops, but you should not do it within single function or even worse single line!

It's most about readability, not function.

I get the sense you are not a coder tho, so it's understandable how one can misunderstand code QA requirements :) No worries