Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Privacy + Crypto Seedbox recommendation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Privacy + Crypto Seedbox recommendation

I follow you guys since some time and post here for the first time. Sorry for the Reddit stencil.

What are your main reasons for getting a seedbox?
I'm on 2 private trackers and want to keep my ratio properly.
I also consider myself having Nextcloud for backup reasons on it. But that is optional. I think having Nextcloud for personal stuff together with my seedbox is not a good idea but it would be convenient.

Do you have any specific requirements?
Privacy + security + anonymity especially for the payment are the biggest points here

Are you looking for a shared or dedicated solution?
Shared

Are you looking for managed or unmanaged solution?
Open for both

Currently with a provider or used one before?
Kimsufi in the past with good experience. Currently none

What is your Linux experience?
Good knowledge

What is your monthly budget?
5 - 15 EUR

Payment preferences or requirements?
Only anonymous payment. BTC or cash per mail

Do you need support for public trackers?
No, only private.

Routing: Tell us your continent:
Flexible. Not important.

What kind of connection speeds do you need?
Minimum 100Mbit. More preferred

How much monthly bandwidth is needed?
Unlimited

How much disk space do you need?
1+ TB

Comments

• HarmondHarmond Member

Anyone there?

• I see you've asked the exact same question on r/seedboxes.
    Thats the best place for this.

Other than that, the only real seedbox provider who is active on here is pulsedmedia.

• HarmondHarmond Member

Right I was creating my account here because my post there got 3 times auto-deleted by the bot. So I've chosen to become active here. Seems like a bad idea. Because your answer reads as an "you are not welcome here"

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

You are welcome here as long as you understand that this is primarily a hosting related forum and not /r/seedboxes.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member

You can maybe try @cociu VPS if you don't mind setting up yourself.
    You could also give Bitport.io a try :)

• @Harmond said:
    Right I was creating my account here because my post there got 3 times auto-deleted by the bot."

Yeah - so you read it 3 times that new post by new users are manually checked first.

@Harmond said:
    . Seems like a bad idea. Because your answer reads as an "you are not welcome here"

Nope - just checked my answer - can't see that anywhere there.

• Hello. you can check our vservers plan Multiple locations (EU USA Asia ) but if you need something with good Privacy you can select during order Macedonia or Albania https://dc.dignusdata.center/cart.php?gid=26

• elpetroelpetro Member

@DignusData said:
    Hello. you can check our vservers plan Multiple locations (EU USA Asia ) but if you need something with good Privacy you can select during order Macedonia or Albania https://dc.dignusdata.center/cart.php?gid=26

maybe you should fix all the issues before selling more?

• @DignusData said:
    Hello. you can check our vservers plan Multiple locations (EU USA Asia ) but if you need something with good Privacy you can select during order Macedonia or Albania https://dc.dignusdata.center/cart.php?gid=26

Best order UK if you want Macedonia/Albania - roll that roulette wheel folks.

• @elpetro said:

@DignusData said:

maybe you should fix all the issues before selling more?

Dear elpetro We don't have any issues.

• @OsirisBlack said:

@DignusData said:

For privacy, if client really need it Best choice will be Albania

• @DignusData said:

@OsirisBlack said:

@DignusData said:

For privacy, if client really need it Best choice will be Albania

Think you missed the point.

• pbxpbx Member

DignusData said: Best choice will be Albania

Any test IP? Your looking glass link appears to be broken.

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@pbx said:

DignusData said: Best choice will be Albania

Any test IP? Your looking glass link appears to be broken.

Impossible.

Dear elpetro We don't have any issues.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • TempestTempest Member
    edited May 2020

Check out privex.io, if you send out an email to them with your specific request, maybe they'll look into it. They are completely anonymous, based in Belize and only accept payments with crypto so you should be good.

• handyhosthandyhost Member, Host Rep

What about seedr don't know whether they accept bitcoin though.

• HarmondHarmond Member

I'm really, really curious if any of the answers are fitting to my request or if I just missed it.

• ServaRICA doesn't care much if it's "private" (private tracker are considered), they had an offer on LowEndBox few weeks ago with 3TB disk for 10$ ; probably still available (hosted in Montreal).

You missed the good offer from Ikoula, 15E for a dedicated server with 1gbps (hosted in France)! Check them they often have offers, i think last week they had a 18$ dedicated.

I think Kimsufi has discount only 1 to 2 times a year. I don't know if it already gone this year or not.

There is few specialized seedbox providers also, PulsedMedia for example has actually good offers actually. Check also ByteSized, it's really good for 14E 1tb. Put.io is an interesting alternative for 19$ iirc (and the simplest one).

Keep in mind that unmetered bandwith compared to bandwith speed could fit together even if there is a limit. Depends on a lot of things ; also private trackers are not the most bandwith consuming most of the time.

On this forum only PulsedMedia is active ; other seedbox providers are not really checking here.

Good luck in your search!

Thanked by 1servarica_hani
  • Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2020

Do not turn on distributions of DHT and abuses from copyright holders will not come. Without this, you can distribute from any cheap server. For example, I have cheap atoms with OVH promotional.