Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostHatch - Unable to contact support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostHatch - Unable to contact support

GaleejGaleej Member

I had raised a ticket(374447) regarding issue with my VPS due to which I was unable to SSH. One of the support staff suggested a quick way to take a backup and restore and I confirmed to go ahead. I haven't received any response for 5 days and completely unable to access my data. Is there a way I can get this to Abdhullah's attention. I got this super black friday deal but considering the support I'm thinking to move on but I need my data back to transfer it to another server.

Comments

• Welcome to LowEndSupport!

@Abdullah

You're welcome.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

IIRC in one of the discussions (too lazy to hunt for it), there was supposedly a promise that HH Support quality will be looked into and improved this year, but I don’t know how that has gone so far 🤷🏼‍♂️

• plumbergplumberg Veteran

@Galeej said:
    I had raised a ticket(374447) regarding issue with my VPS due to which I was unable to SSH. One of the support staff suggested a quick way to take a backup and restore and I confirmed to go ahead. I haven't received any response for 5 days and completely unable to access my data. Is there a way I can get this to Abdhullah's attention. I got this super black friday deal but considering the support I'm thinking to move on but I need my data back to transfer it to another server.

What did they suggest? Pls post screenshots

• bdlbdl Member

I've raised a few tickets in the past few weeks and they've all been answered within 48 hours - perhaps update the ticket and ask Hosthatch directly for an update?

• cazrzcazrz Member

@Galeej said:

I think what the staff is trying to tell you is "for you to do the backup and restore or simply server restore" or to reinstall the server and restore from backup. If I understand correctly you assumed that they need it to do it for you? Correct me if I'm wrong.

• GaleejGaleej Member
    edited May 2020

Yes, they would be doing it for me is what I understood.

https://ibb.co/8b896tX

• @Galeej said:

Yep, that certainly does look like they're the ones who'll be doing it and providing the tar file.

• GaleejGaleej Member

@CasualCanvas said:

@Galeej said:

Yep, that certainly does look like they're the ones who'll be doing it and providing the tar file.

At present, the server is in rescue mode and I do not have the rescue pwd as well. So not able to get in and take backup myself. Waiting for their response. Bad move from my side for not implementing a backup strategy.