Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New offer email list - subscribe to get updates on LEB content
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New offer email list - subscribe to get updates on LEB content

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Hi Everyone,

For those interested we now have an active automated email service that sends out emails when new offers and content (interviews, op-ed, tutorials, etc) are published on LowEndBox.

I just posted about it on LowEndBox today: https://lowendbox.com/blog/subscribe-to-lowendbox-email-list-today/

I realize this isn't for everyone but wanted to make sure folks saw it in case they are interested.

If you signup your:

1) Email will not be shared

2) You can unsubscribe anytime using a link in every email you receive

3) You will only receive one email per new offer/article sent via the automated system.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks everyone! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

Can you split it up like some mailing lists do? I'd like to opt in for one of those categories but not the others.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@VirMach said:
    Can you split it up like some mailing lists do? I'd like to opt in for one of those categories but not the others.

What would you be interested in receiving?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

jbiloh said: What would you be interested in receiving?

It's pretty simple, one subscriber could maybe want European offers, but doesn't care about the US or shared hosting, not to mention commercial VPNs.

By sending more relevant content, you could actually end up increasing conversions.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Form doesn’t render correctly on an iPhone.

• cazrzcazrz Member

+1 for per reqion (US/EU/AP/CA/South America/Africa/AU) and type (shared/vps/storage/dedi/colo).

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Based on the current responses, maybe it would be good if we could choose what to subscribe for.

Like @VirMach mentioned, those mailing lists type of subscriptions where there’s a list of categories with checkboxes for people to select what they want to see/receive.

Categories could be like:

Virtualization Technology (KVM, VZ, LXC etc..)
    Location (Region, Country, City etc..)
    Disk Type (HDD, SSD, NVMe SSD)

Just an example.

Certainly good ideas here.

The existing plugin doesn't support on the signup form selecting which mailing group to join. So some coding work would have to go into it. Right now best I could do would be to have multiple signup forms, one for all, one for offers, one for interviews, etc. Sort of clunky.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

It sounds like ya'll should just use RSS.

Francisco

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I'm after something more user friendly for folks who don't want to get into RSS.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@jbiloh said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I'm after something more user friendly for folks who don't want to get into RSS.

I get it, I also get that you're after something simple.

What the locals are wanting though seems to be more for an RSS type deal.

Still, maybe your mailinglist handler has some sort of categories/tags system.

Francisco

• seriesnseriesn Member

Ah! More emails to read. Not complaining lol.

Signed up :).

Would love to have the option to simply receive emails for certain categories only, like others have requested :).