Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

load balancer service (no cloudflare, no ovh, no scaleway)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

load balancer service (no cloudflare, no ovh, no scaleway)

donkodonko Member

anyone can advice me where i can buy a good load balancer service?

i need run some setup like this
traffic http > load balancer ip > VM's doing reverse proxy > dedicated server

I saw buyvm anycast ip but i don't know if this can work for what i am looking for, i mean i don't know if one of these vms go offline, the traffic is routed to other vm on other location?, even if the user is from china and vm is on NY.

Comments

• sanvitsanvit Member

donko said: if one of these vms go offline, the traffic is routed to other vm on other location?

It should.

You can also try LunaNode

Thanked by 1donko
  • ZomZom Member
    edited May 2020

Maybe Sucuri WAF or Bitmitigate can do what you need. Sucuri has 4 backend load balancing with health checks and has CDN caching.

• cazrzcazrz Member
    edited May 2020

I saw buyvm anycast ip but i don't know if this can work for what i am looking for, i mean i don't know if one of these vms go offline, the traffic is routed to other vm on other location?, even if the user is from china and vm is on NY.

It doesn't, you need to configure that in you load balancer or in your proxy.

Anycast will only route you to the location. If the target server is offline then its dead traffic. So in each location (LV,NY,LX) you will need to setup your LBs or proxies with failover.

Thanked by 1donko
  • cazrzcazrz Member

On another note, if it is a critical system, and you are going to lose million in case of downtime, I suggest to try VULTR, then bring your own IP.

• sibapersibaper Member

donko said: I saw buyvm anycast ip but i don't know if this can work for what i am looking for, i mean i don't know if one of these vms go offline, the traffic is routed to other vm on other location?, even if the user is from china and vm is on NY.

you should setup at least 2 server for load balancer, on nginx you can do this

http {
        upstream apps {
            server s1.example.com max_fails=3 fail_timeout=10s;
            server s2.example.com max_fails=1 fail_timeout=10s;
            server s3.example.com max_fails=10 fail_timeout=10s; 
        }

server {
            listen 80;

location / {
                proxy_pass http://apps;
            }
        }
    }

(2 or more) load balancer ip > (2 or more) VM's doing reverse proxy > dedicated server

Thanked by 1uzaysan
  • AWS Route53 😅😇

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

We do load balancing (round robin, least con & ip hash).

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Rackspace offers a load balancing service. Last time I used it, it was pretty cheap.