Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a cheap VPS with cPanel or Plesk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a cheap VPS with cPanel or Plesk

Hi. I need something cheap with included cPanel or Plesk. Is it real?
1 core 1 gb ram and 10 gb ssd would be good for me. Can't afford expensive VPS

Comments

• WSCallumWSCallum Member
    edited May 2020

Depends what your budget is when you say cheap and how many accounts you're wanting to host. cPanel and Plesk pricing gets quite expensive when you're going into higher numbers of accounts. DirectAdmin would be a better alternative price wise if you're wanting higher numbers of accounts.

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

Please mention your budget.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

cPanel is going to be the highest cost for you. I would suggest looking at DirectAdmin like @WSCallum suggested as most providers offer DA licenses for free.

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep

@Broscience said:

As others have said, the cPanel/Plesk element will be the most expensive part of the package.
    Specs wise, you could buy our LET Special below:
    LET Special 1

1GB RAM
    1x vCPU
    20GB SSD Space
    FREE 60GB Backup Storage
    Unmetered Bandwidth
    Fast 1 Gbps Uplink
    IPv4 & IPv6

Only £3.69 (~$4.61) per month - Order Now
    You could buy this VPS and simply opt for the (free) CentOS Web Panel or Webmin to save you the cost of an expensive control panel?
    Good luck in your search and let us know by reply or PM if you have any queries :)

• @someshz said:

The cheaper is better. The man's offer above is too expensive for me.
    Anything for 2 bucks per month? Okay, DirectAdmin is nice too. Thanks.

• someshzsomeshz Member, Host Rep

@Broscience said:

@someshz said:

Good luck with your budget. Btw @Francisco has 1 GB RAM, 1 CPU with Free DA at $ 3.5

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • seriesnseriesn Member

@Broscience said:

@someshz said:

Why not simply use a free control panel such as CWP, webmin, KeyHell etc.?

• @Broscience said:

@someshz said:

You won't get cPanel or Plesk license on their own for this budget let alone a VPS as well. The best you'll get is a VPS including a free DA license, BuyVM for example. But even so, you'll need to increase your budget.

• Use AWS Lightsail. For $5/month you get the 1 GB Ram and a 3 domain plesk license. This is a good deal to get you started. Plus you get AWS external firewall, nameserver and more. It's really the best deal. Plus you have more that 1 person running the servers and Amazon won't run away like some other characters on LET. Plus they work weekends etc. Basically aggravation free

• seriesnseriesn Member

@Unbelievable said:
    Use AWS Lightsail. For $5/month you get the 1 GB Ram and a 3 domain plesk license. This is a good deal to get you started. Plus you get AWS external firewall, nameserver and more. It's really the best deal. Plus you have more that 1 person running the servers and Amazon won't run away like some other characters on LET. Plus they work weekends etc. Basically aggravation free

Is the non weekend thing really that common in an industry that is active 24/7?

• GBIGBI Member, Host Rep

cPanel will probably be your biggest expenditure. Like many have already suggested, go for an alternative control panel such as DirectAdmin or Webmin. If it must be cPanel perhaps consider the Solo license direct from the cPanel store.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@Broscience said:

for $7/mo we can do

2 Cores
    2GB RAM
    40GB SSD
    1 IPv4
    Unmetered Bandwidth ( 4 locations )
    Incl. Direct Admin licensing.

• RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited May 2020

@seriesn said:

@Broscience said:

@someshz said:

Never heard about KeyHell. Seems nice to me but how good are these Webmin and KeyHell? Are they just a free alternative of DirectAdmin or just a lower level? I used VestaCP and frankly saying it's awful after using Plesk...

• lentrolentro Member, Host Rep

@RedSox said:

@seriesn said:

@Broscience said:

@someshz said:

Never heard about KeyHell. Seems nice to me but how good are these Webmin and KeyHell? Are they just a free alternative of DirectAdmin or just a lower level? I used VestaCP and frankly saying it's awful after using Plesk...

Just speaking from my biased viewpoint, Webmin is awesome. I don't think it should be called "cheaper" - I think it should be called open-source. People around the world contribute to the project in their free time (including me). It provides a lot of functionality. Install things, configure firewalls, etc. all in a beautiful graphical interface.

For my hosting service, I tried all major hosting panels, including paid services, and came to the conclusion that Webmin/Virtualmin is the best.

And yes, I tried VestaCP and thought it was awful, too.

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • seriesnseriesn Member

KeyHelp* my bad.

KeyHelp is actually really nice and pretty solid from my own personal experience.

Webmin is probably one of the oldest, stable control panel out there.

Granted, if you are coming from a premium product, moving to free stuff might feel odd. But you are also saving a decent amount of money on a project :).

Thanked by 1RedSox