Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best ratio compute power / price
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best ratio compute power / price

Hello guys,
I've just received my EPYC 7502P from hetzner, and I'm quite satisfied with the computer power for the moment. But I am thinking if there is even better than this or not?

My key decision is based on the computer power versus price. (Gflops is a good starting point for quick estimation), not necessarily to have the biggest CPU.
For instance, I know that VPSRUS will probably give me a better ratio even (But no stock).

I will not bother with machine below 8 cores tho. (As I will need too many to make sense).

1) Any bigger CPU than the EPYC 7502P that can be rent somewhere for not too much more? (If double Gflops and double price, fine)
2) Any good deal that you are seeing at the moment? (Joe DC is good too with their Dual X5650. Old but cheap, so the ratio is good). I guess I could find better.

Thank you guys

Comments

• Best is probably AX41, and the 6 core CPU is more than enough to beat a typical LET 8 core dedi.

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

Here you can find dedicated servers sorted by $ per benchmark point:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/?search=AMD-KWN-MOJ :)

The benchmark data is coming from UserBenchmarks.

• KaribuKaribu Member
    edited April 2020

Waaah... I'm using frequently your service, but never saw we could do like this!!
    Love it! Thank you @ServerHunter

I could not find the EPYC from Hetzner in your benchmark. I thought the ratio would be good in such case.

EDIT: Okay, it seems they have unknown benchmark for some providers/CPUs. How to update them?