Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Domain pointing issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Domain pointing issue

itfzeitfze Member
edited April 2020 in General

Hello friends,

I hope you are fine. I am having an issue regarding pointing a domain to my VPS. I have a VPS with IP Address: 1.11.111.11. I setup hostname as server2.mydomain.com for that VPS. In DNS settings, I pointed A record of hostname to said IP address. I also created ns7/ns8.mydomain.com and assigned IP address same as VPS IP address. I also installed CWP control panel in VPS and entered the newly created name servers in concerned section.

After that, I pointed a domain to that VPS since 3 days ago and created a user account for the said domain from CWP panel, but domain is not yet operational on that VPS.

I have checked again the name servers on whois record. Name servers pointed successfully and still not operational through CWP Panel.

Experts opinion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited April 2020

Your DNS is probably on lockdown, just like the most of us.

Where is mydomain.com hosted?

What do you get when you do dig ns mydomain.com ?

• itfzeitfze Member

@thedp I found this message: https://ibb.co/kSWgtYy on dig command

@itfze said:
    @thedp I found this message: https://ibb.co/kSWgtYy on dig command

You missed the ns part

• itfzeitfze Member

@thedp I re-executed the guided command and now you can see this: https://ibb.co/VjGNNXj. As you can see that ns1/ns2/ns3/ns4 is visible. However, ns5/ns6/ns7/ns8/ns9/ns10 is not visible on dig ns command

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Did you update the nameservers at the domain registrar?

LOL your 'masking' is all messed up :)

But I'm confused now.

This looks like the domain starts with an 'h'

Now this looks like you're looking up a blue colored hostweb domain.

So which domain did you create a sub-domain from? Do a dig ns for that domain name.

@thedp said:

But I'm confused now.

So which domain did you create a sub-domain from? Do a dig ns for that domain name.

Oh I see what you mean, I'm also confused now.

@Jord said:

@thedp said:

But I'm confused now.

Maybe he needs PandaDNS.

@thedp said:

@Jord said:

@thedp said:

But I'm confused now.

Maybe he needs PandaDNS.

Yes good idea, but I bet the nameservers haven't been updated on the domain, now if we had the domain we would know whats going on :joy:

• itfzeitfze Member

@Jord @thedp Yes, I updated the name servers at domain registrar

Can you share the domain here or via DM? Maybe we can help if we can run a DNS check.

• This makes me highly confident of his webhosting service /s

Thanked by 2AlwaysSkint ViridWeb
  • itfzeitfze Member

@Jord @Unbelievable The domain I am is not the web hosting service. It is haemsaver.com

@itfze said:
    @Jord @Unbelievable The domain I am is not the web hosting service. It is haemsaver.com

It looks like the domain hasn't got any nameservers attached to it.

The last nameservers attached where NS7.BLUEHOSTWEB.COM & NS8.BLUEHOSTWEB.COM

Are you sure you updated them?

• itfzeitfze Member

@Jord said:NS7.BLUEHOSTWEB.COM & NS8.BLUEHOSTWEB.COM

Yes I have updated these name servers. I also created an account on CWP Panel. However, website is still not operational vide above name servers.

edited May 2020

As you can see it's not picking up anything:

; <<>> DiG 9.11.4-P2-RedHat-9.11.4-16.P2.el7_8.2 <<>> ns haemsaver.com
    ;; global options: +cmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 39303
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
    ; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
    ;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;haemsaver.com. IN NS

;; Query time: 2086 msec
    ;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
    ;; WHEN: Fri May 01 16:17:43 BST 2020
    ;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 42

Could you possibly show us your DNS configuration please @itfze?

Also did you create the nameservers at the domain registrar, not just pointing them?

• itfzeitfze Member

@Jord said:

As domain is not operational through CWP Panel, so DNS configuration could not be available yet.

However, there is one thing I have to tell. My VPS hostname was srv.99livetv.com and I was using cloudns.net service for DNS configuration and pointing of domain. I was using name servers as ns101/ns102..cloudns.net. Everytime, when I have to add any domain in VPS, I had to add the new domain to cloudns.net also as well as in CWP Panel in VPS. Later, I accepted an offer and changed the hostname as server1.bluehostweb.com. Name servers ns7/ns8.bluehostweb.com has also been created for that purpose. These name servers has also been saved in CWP Panel.

Also did you create the nameservers at the domain registrar, not just pointing them?

Yes, name servers are created at domain registrar as you can see here:
    1. https://dnschecker.org/#A/ns7.bluehostweb.com
    2. https://dnschecker.org/#A/ns8.bluehostweb.com

• Wouldn't there be an issue since bluehost.com and bluehostweb.com ? The latter is not even reselling the former. Hmm.

• Maybe @nitramoneito or @AlwaysSkint can help you

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint

@itfze said:

@Jord said:

As domain is not operational through CWP Panel, so DNS configuration could not be available yet.

However, there is one thing I have to tell. My VPS hostname was srv.99livetv.com and I was using cloudns.net service for DNS configuration and pointing of domain. I was using name servers as ns101/ns102..cloudns.net. Everytime, when I have to add any domain in VPS, I had to add the new domain to cloudns.net also as well as in CWP Panel in VPS. Later, I accepted an offer and changed the hostname as server1.bluehostweb.com. Name servers ns7/ns8.bluehostweb.com has also been created for that purpose. These name servers has also been saved in CWP Panel.

Do you have full control over those two nameservers?

• @Jord said:

@itfze said:

@Jord said:

I think he does.

99livetv.com points to server2.bluehostweb.com

ns7 and n8 are live for me too.

All point to that dedipath IP

@timelapse said:

@Jord said:

@itfze said:

@Jord said:

I think he does.

ns7 and n8 are live for me too.

All point to that dedipath IP

Then something isn't setup correctly, either the IPs for the NS or the NS Servers themselves.

• Wait a minute, he wants to manage dns of 99livetv.com in cwp? But he isnt using the ns set in cwp? He is using cloudns, hence dns management is relegated to cloudns?

What is he trying to achieve anyway?

Be strong guys.

@timelapse said:
    Wait a minute, he wants to manage dns of 99livetv.com in cwp? But he isnt using the ns set in cwp? He is using cloudns, hence dns management is relegated to cloudns?

What is he trying to achieve anyway?

I'm not entirely sure now.

• @OP CWP offers a paid support option - use it for a month and learn something. Cloudns has support submit a ticket and learn something. Your VPS provider has support, submit a ticket and learn something.

Post replies from your three support choices and maybe if you are still having issues- people will actually understand what you want - "Tell me what you want what you really really want" after you torture support until your question can be articulated clearly on this site

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @timelapse said:
    Maybe @nitramoneito or @AlwaysSkint can help you

Bluehost=nightmare, apart from me getting some disillusioned clients from them.
    CWP=a bunch of amateurs that I wouldn't let anywhere near a server of mine! One active moderator/"helper" in particular should be shown the door.
    ClouDNS=useful support+ live chat. :)

@Unbelievable said:
    Post replies from your three support choices and maybe if you are still having issues- people will actually understand what you want - "Tell me what you want what you really really want" after you torture support until your question can be articulated clearly on this site

Classic! :-D

• itfzeitfze Member

@timelapse said:

Yes, it is server2.bluehostweb.com. Mistakenly, it is written as server1.bluehostweb.com.

@Unbelievable said:

I just wants that
    1. even I have changed the hostname from srv.99livetv.com to server2.bluehostweb.com, then how the admin panel is still accessible via old hostname srv.9livetv.com:2031. It should not be accessible through this old hostname. I have also deleted the DNS zones of old hostname.
    2. I have updated the name servers in CWP from ns101/ns102.cloudns.net to ns7/ns8.bluehostweb.com, then what is the issue that domain haemsaver.com is still not operational through CWP.

• itfzeitfze Member

One more thing I wants to mention, some domains are already added in CWP and they are currently pointed to old name servers: ns101/ns102.cloudns.net. When I have changed the nameservers on CWP, then how these domains are still working properly on the old nameservers. Looks like I haven't even updated the name server on CWP. But I have updated.

• itfzeitfze Member

@thedp @Jord @timelapse @Unbelievable @AlwaysSkint My issue has been resolved. There was an error in .htaccess file and it has been corrected. The website is live now.
    Thanks of all of you for support. :smile:

Thanked by 1timelapse