Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good with graphics? How about an Enterprise grade VPS free of charge.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Good with graphics? How about an Enterprise grade VPS free of charge.

EvolutionHostEvolutionHost Member, Host Rep
edited April 2020 in Offers

Hello LowEndTalk community,

We're going to have somewhat of a competition for the LET community.

Evolution Host is **giving away up to 30 Enterprise grade VPS ** for those who can design a top-notch banner graphic.

The servers we'll be giving out can range from our Starter VPS package (https://evolution-host.com/vps-hosting.php?package=Starter) to our Professional VPS package (https://evolution-host.com/vps-hosting.php?package=Professional)

Which server we offer is dependent upon how suitable/well designed the Evolution Host team deem the image/banner/advert to be.

The offer is initially capped at 30 servers however if we continue to receive quality submissions we'll take it on a case-by-case basis.

Guidelines
* The image can be any dimensions you want. We want to get a nice mixture.
* Do not use profanity in the image
* The banner can be regarding our VPS Hosting, our GAME VPS Product or any of our game servers
* Applicants can submit more than one graphic to increase their chances or to try to win multiple VPS
* You do not need to send us the image source until after your application has been approved
* If your application is approved, we will require the source
* The VPS will remain yours free of charge permanently as long as you do not violate our terms of service. We may occasionally request that you publish an honest review of the service.

To apply, **simply shoot us over an E-mail to [email protected] ** with the graphic/banner embedded in the E-mail. We'd ask that you do not add it as an attachment for quick-review purposes.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

We look forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Best of luck!

Comments

• Oooo I'm interested! Guess I'll start working on this tomorrow

• Thanks for the offer @EvolutionHost .
    Nice.... I'm interested. Will mail you as soon as I complete it.

• EvolutionHostEvolutionHost Member, Host Rep

Thanks, looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

• It would be better if the submission is here. Low end art.

@yokowasis said:
    It would be better if the submission is here. Low end art.

The community could certainly publish their art in this post if they'd like to share it publicly. :)

• LeviLevi Member

Besides GFX master, hire proof reader and cleanup your website. It's so heavy and dirty from buzz words that my eyes and brain hurt. What the hell is that:

https://evolution-host.com/about.php

At the middle of the page there is a banner with colliding planets?

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Nice to see such things around. Good one!

Off-topic, your website needs at least more padding. Like kill the padding on every div, parts of websites being so close is hurting my eyes.

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • @armandorg said:

Off-topic, your website needs at least more padding. Like kill the padding on every div, parts of websites being so close is hurting my eyes.

"needs at least more padding"

"kill the padding on every div"

I agree with your first point; the plan boxes are hideous and the icons are quite random (tl;dr they look like they were mix-n-match'ed with no care at all).

I'll post a more in-depth rant later lol

Thanked by 1timelapse
  • Very generous. Does this apply only on base plan or you can also max the addons? Asking for a friend :D

• dangit now im going to have to learn how to use photoshop again xD. to good an offer to not make an attempt on

@timelapse said:
    Very generous. Does this apply only on base plan or you can also max the addons? Asking for a friend :D

Hey,

It's really on a case-by-case basis. If the image is top quality we can negotiate a server that suits your needs.

@doghouch said:

@armandorg said:

"needs at least more padding"

"kill the padding on every div"

I agree with your first point; the plan boxes are hideous and the icons are quite random (tl;dr they look like they were mix-n-match'ed with no care at all).

I'll post a more in-depth rant later lol

@armandorg said:

@LTniger said:
    Besides GFX master, hire proof reader and cleanup your website. It's so heavy and dirty from buzz words that my eyes and brain hurt. What the hell is that:

https://evolution-host.com/about.php

At the middle of the page there is a banner with colliding planets?

I suppose we can extend the offer to include CSS improvements? Haha

• UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited April 2020

@EvolutionHost are you going to tell them to post their "honest", paid for, coerced review on a site other than LET? You can't hide the fact that your other promo led to "reviews" that were sorely lacking on this site.

Thanked by 1BetaRacks

@Unbelievable said:
    @EvolutionHost are you going to tell them to post their "honest", paid for, coerced review on a site other than LET? You can't hide the fact that your other promo led to "reviews" that were sorely lacking on this site.

As previously mentioned, we certainly do not request reviews on LET. The reviews we've requested have been on independent review sites such as TrustPilot. I'm sure if any of our sponsored clients come across this post they will atest to that.

All providers need to find innovative ways to encourage their clients to publish reviews of their service. In our case the reward is quite substantial - A free lifetime VPS. We feel this is more than a fair offer.

Additionally, we encourage our clients to publish honest reviews - The main point of us encouraging reviews is for SEO purposes, a comment/review such as "great host" doesn't help us much. We're often somewhat dissapointed to see that a review has minimal content and only consists of positive comments. Constructive criticism helps us to improve our services.

Thanks anonym,

Would love to see more from the community.

• CalvinCalvin Member

Sent my entry :smiley:

• @EvolutionHost Does the offer extend to web design? If so, what is the scope?

• sent the banner!

@alectrocute said:
    @EvolutionHost Does the offer extend to web design? If so, what is the scope?

Hey,

Sure, feel free to reach out at [email protected] and you could let us know what you'd like to redesign and any ideas you had.

If you have any example of your work we'd be happy to see them too.

• @EvolutionHost said:
    Hey,

Sure, feel free to reach out at [email protected] and you could let us know what you'd like to redesign and any ideas you had.

Would like to give the web redesign a shot. Will send a screenshot of my idea.

@ramesh_vish said:

@EvolutionHost said:
    Hey,

Would like to give the web redesign a shot. Will send a screenshot of my idea.

Hey,

Great. Feel free to shoot them over to [email protected]

Thanked by 1abytecurious
  • DianTamaDianTama Member
    edited May 2020

Nice competition. I have done some during my free time.
    Sending you my submission now :wink:

Happy to see all the great submissions, keep them coming guys!

• DudeistDudeist Member

@EvolutionHost Any deadline?

@Dudeist said:
    @EvolutionHost Any deadline?

No hard deadline. However we're less likely to accept new applications after we've already accepted a large amount.

For a really good application we'll accept it at any time though!