Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostMaxim is shutting down :(
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostMaxim is shutting down :(

It is with heavy hearts that we announce the upcoming closure of HostMaxim, effective May 27th, 2020.

Because of the ongoing pandemic, the executives of HostMaxim have determined that the service is not sustainable for the short, medium, or longer term.

IMPORTANT: This closure means that you will need to relocate your data to a new provider by May 27th, 2020.
In the weeks leading up to the closure and after the closure, please expect the following:

BILLING

• All billing has been cancelled effective April 25th, 2020.
  • All future billing has been cancelled; you will not see any additional charges from HostMaxim effective immediately.

SERVICES

• You may continue to use our services until May 27th, 2020 to migrate your site(s) and data to a new provider.
  • After May 27th, 2020, service will be discontinued and any data left on our servers will be permanently removed.

Please contact us for any questions about the closure of HostMaxim.

We thank you for choosing HostMaxim as your provider. It has been an honor serving you.

Thank you,

Michael Spears and Phill Fernandes

Comments

• It is sad to see you exit the industry. But atleast you are doing right by the customers by giving them ample notice and not charging them either.

This pandemic has been tough for many many small businesses and freelancers and My deep condolences goes out to those who have suffered not only financially but emotionally and lost their loved ones.

Michael, I wish you all the best and wish you and your loved ones safety amidst the crisis.

If you are a HostMaxim customer and are looking for a new home , we are here for you. Please reach out to us and we will be happy to work something out for you.

• @seriesn said:
    It is sad to see you exit the industry. But atleast you are doing right by the customers by giving them ample notice and not charging them either.

This pandemic has been tough for many many small businesses and freelancers and My deep condolences goes out to those who have suffered not only financially but emotionally and lost their loved ones.

Michael, I wish you all the best and wish you and your loved ones safety amidst the crisis.

If you are a HostMaxim customer and are looking for a new home , we are here for you. Please reach out to us and we will be happy to work something out for you.

Thank you for your kind words. Nexus Bytes is a great provider and from my dealings with seriesn, he's a good guy.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • jon617jon617 Veteran

Sad you're leaving. Was quite impressed with the service quality for the price. Also, really appreciate the heads-up in advance of the decommission.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Exit process done right 👍🏼

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

I’m sorry to hear you’re having to shut things down. You’ll have certainly earned the respect from your customers doing it this way. There’s been many in the past (as you know) who have just shut up shop and left their customers hanging out to dry with no backups etc. So kudos to you and HostMaxim for doing the right thing and giving plenty of notice.

Stay safe and I wish you all the best for the future.

As seriesn has said, we’re also happy to support any of your customers looking for a new provider. I notice that you’ve offered a UK location, so if any of your customers are looking specifically for a new UK host we’ll be happy to help and we’ll work something out for them.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • Thanks for the kind words everyone. We'll miss serving our customers.

Thanked by 1scooke
  • Anyone else offering any KVM VPS deals in Tampa now? Would like to be able to replace my VPS there.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

I'm sorry to see you go Michael. Hope to continue to see you around the community.

• I just got the email, I'm sad to see that you have to close the doors but I appreciate the way you handled the closure with integrity.

I wish you all the best :)

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • From one Mic-hael to another, I wish you the very best.

Thanked by 2mike1s Ympker
  • @t0ny0 said:
    Anyone else offering any KVM VPS deals in Tampa now? Would like to be able to replace my VPS there.

I guess you don't want to travel 300 more miles my friend? :(

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting

@t0ny0 said:
    Anyone else offering any KVM VPS deals in Tampa now? Would like to be able to replace my VPS there.

We have some pretty good deals if willing to come to Texas.

• @AlienData_Josh said:

@t0ny0 said:

You're already on my to-do list sir :-)

@seriesn said:

@t0ny0 said:

I might have to :-( Will ping you if I can't find myself some Tampa love :-)

Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh
  • @t0ny0 said:

@AlienData_Josh said:

@t0ny0 said:

@seriesn said:

@t0ny0 said:

Thank you my friend:). Depending on how urgently you need this, we got a new promo coming up on the 1st :)

• FWIW I will be migrating to a @seriesn (Nexus Bytes) VPS in Florida as soon as I can :)

• edited April 2020

@seriesn said:

@t0ny0 said:

@AlienData_Josh said:

@t0ny0 said:

@seriesn said:

@t0ny0 said:

Thank you my friend:). Depending on how urgently you need this, we got a new promo coming up on the 1st :)

Well apparently I got me about a month, so I will be cool waiting till the 1st :-)> @dahartigan said:

FWIW I will be migrating to a @seriesn (Nexus Bytes) VPS in Florida as soon as I can :)

Very much seems like I will follow your footsteps lol
    P.S. good to see you back on here bud, hope all is well

Thanked by 2seriesn dahartigan
  • seriesnseriesn Member
    edited April 2020

@t0ny0 said:

@seriesn said:

@t0ny0 said:

@AlienData_Josh said:

@t0ny0 said:

@seriesn said:

@t0ny0 said:

Well apparently I got me about a month, so I will be cool waiting till the 1st :-)> @dahartigan said:

FWIW I will be migrating to a @seriesn (Nexus Bytes) VPS in Florida as soon as I can :)

Very much seems like I will follow your footsteps lol
    P.S. good to see you back on here bud, hope all is well

<3 I am looking forward towards that :). We are here for you :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Good luck in your future endeavors. @HM-Michael

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

Sorry to hear that you are shutting down. We will be able to do a specials for your customers, example:
    1GB Memory
    100GB HDD
    2TB Bandwidth
    2 CPU cores
    2.66GHz+ CPU Speed
    1 IPv4 Address
    1 IPv6 Subnet (/112)
    Xen HVM Virtualization
    EU nodes based
    £10 /Quarterly

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

Sad to hear this best of luck for your new journey

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • HostMayoHostMayo Member, Host Rep

All the best for your future endeavors.

Thanked by 1mike1s
  • LeeLee Veteran

I will be that guy.

So you launched this service in late January, barely 3 full months have passed and you are closing the service blaming the pandemic? I smell BS.

Thanked by 2Levi Tr33n
  • @Lee said:
    I will be that guy.

So you launched this service in late January, barely 3 full months have passed and you are closing the service blaming the pandemic? I smell BS.

I'm glad someone says it.

Corona is a lame excuse, if anything it should increase revenue since a lot of people are working from home.

@marvel said:

@Lee said:
    I will be that guy.

I'm glad someone says it.

Corona is a lame excuse, if anything it should increase revenue since a lot of people are working from home.

Depends all on operating costs for any business let alone clients.
    Some clients lost their jobs because of whats going on in the world today.
    Others still got a job while businesses scrambled to find resources.
    I don't know what HostMaxim clientele was but there is reasons for every business to open and close.
    Yes it really does suck to see HostMaxim closing doors but at least they are doing it correctly by giving notice and letting people get their stuff off.
    Michael is a good person.

Thanked by 2mike1s maverickp
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited April 2020

AlienData_Josh said: Depends all on operating costs for any business let alone clients. Some clients lost their jobs because of whats going on in the world today.

I can understand an established business losing clients that caused an issue, but I just don't believe in 3 months a provider largely focussed on LET for customers has built up a sustainable business and in the same time lost that sustainability due to COVID.

AlienData_Josh said: Michael is a good person.

Not saying he isn't but it sounds like he started the service broke and on a business plan of hope if he could not even survive a few months. Being a good person does not excuse anything.

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Patron Provider

@Lee said:

AlienData_Josh said: Depends all on operating costs for any business let alone clients. Some clients lost their jobs because of whats going on in the world today.

I can understand an established business losing clients that caused an issue, but I just don't believe in 3 months a provider largely focussed on LET for customers has built up a sustainable business and in the same time lost that sustainability due to COVID.

>

Right that's what I think aswell.
    It's the fact it mainly focused on LET deals.

At our side, we saw a increase of sales due to pandemic. Also more network traffic, we needed to upgrade. More tickets, more sales inquiries etc.
    I'm almost sold out on VPS. Dedicated servers are out of stock. We are setting up a new Rack with 48 new blades even.
    That's why I don't make any deals here atm.
    Just out of stock due to this.

So idk I can not understand how the pandemic is the reason to close down.

However... I wish the team good luck for their future. I though heard good things about them.

• LeviLevi Member

Is there was any steam games involved?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@HostSlick said:

@Lee said:

>

Right that's what I think aswell.
    It's the fact it mainly focused on LET deals.

At our side, we saw a increase of sales due to pandemic. Also more network traffic, we needed to upgrade. More tickets, more sales inquiries etc.
    I'm almost sold out on VPS. Dedicated servers are out of stock. We are setting up a new Rack with 48 new blades even.
    That's why I don't make any deals here atm.
    Just out of stock due to this.

So idk I can not understand how the pandemic is the reason to close down.

However... I wish the team good luck for their future. I though heard good things about them.

Maybe it's a side effect of too much LE deals?

Too much Low End is not sustainable even if you compromise with quality.

• mike1smike1s Member
    edited April 2020

@Lee said:
    I will be that guy.

We’re primarily an MSP. We lost about half our customers due to them closing shop or simply not being able to pay.. The MSP side was still subsidizing our VPS hosting product, in addition to a small amount of separate funding from myself and my business partners (7-12%). I had to take a major pay cut for my primary source of income due to COVID-19. HostMaxim was an attempt for us to diversify the business, which was heading towards success, but due to the pandemic things were cut a bit short.