Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are all US psychz locations equal or are some better than others?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are all US psychz locations equal or are some better than others?

pbxpbx Member
edited April 2020 in Providers

Hi

I'm considering psychz for a future project and wonder if all locations are equal? My question is mostly focused on network but other stuff that has to be taken into account is interesting as well.

Are all US locations similar network wise or do some of them suffer of a poorer network than others?
i.e is there any US location that is specifically good, is there some of them that should be avoided at all cost?

What about their EU and BR locations? Is the network good there?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2020

no network is equal, definitely wouldn't compare a brazil network to a us network.. compare some OVH locations for example.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • Nope, the internet hosting industry does not work like McD, where you get the same burger everywhere. Even if their US locations are pretty similar to each other, you surely have to take into account different situations in places like BR, ZA or the like.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • pbxpbx Member
    edited April 2020

@MikeA: Sure, I was more thinking of the comparison between their US locations, and curious about their location in BR and NL, even though I understand that it can't be compared directly to their offering in the US.

@OhJohn: I know, that's why I asked this question. Maybe it wasn't clear enough, I'll edit the OP. My question could be: If one had to choose between one of their locations, which one would be the best (stable network, good connectivity to most places)?

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2020

@pbx
    It depends on where your customers are.
    We have 10 locations in North America
    you can check ping and traceroute here: https://gthost.com/looking-glass/

Thanked by 1hotlineservers
  • pbxpbx Member
    edited April 2020

GTHost said: It depends on where your customers are. We have 10 locations in North America

Your network seems good, unfortunately my question was about Psychz. I know about latency and stuff like that, my question wasn't related to general location/latency stuff but specific to Psychz"s DCs.

For example, from limited testing using their test IPs I can see that some locations have more packet losses than others to several places. Of course this could be temporary, but this made me wonder if there were some known problematic locations to avoid.

Cheers!

• PUSHR_VictorPUSHR_Victor Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

They do differ from location to location, but are trouble-free now in all US and in Brazil. Have not tried other locations, but would vouch for them for these.

Dallas is still best of theirs i think.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • pbxpbx Member

PUSHR_Victor said: Have not tried other locations, but would vouch for them for these.

Thanks a lot, exactly the kind of information I was looking for!

• id also say stick with dalas. think was either earlier this year or last that they seemed to have alot of problems out of LA power wise.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • SmartHostSmartHost Patron Provider, Veteran

We use ALL of their US locations, and can highly recommend them. Service has been pretty rock solid for us over the years.

~ SMARTHOST

Thanked by 1pbx
  • I use Psychz Dallas but the network is very slow. I do not recommend it.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • pbxpbx Member

Thanks guys!

• WSWDWSWD Member, Host Rep

No clue what Takumi86 is talking about. I have absolutely no problem maxing out a 1 gig port in both Dallas and LA with Psychz.

Thanked by 1pbx