Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help with netboot.xyz
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need help with netboot.xyz

samipysamipy Member

Hi,

I require a help from community.

I am trying to install Windows on my dedicated server through IPMI using netboot.xyz

After loading windows installer, windows setup can not find the disk of server for installation.

Screenshot: https://prnt.sc/s2m6m4

can anybody give me some idea on how to install windows ?

thank you

Comments

• AndruAndru Member
    edited April 2020

Are you able to acces bios?

• @zuby2402 said:
    Are you able to acces bios?

Hi,

Yes, I am able to access bios through IPMI.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

That looks like it's trying to find the drivers for the hard drives, you might want to check the bios.

Are you using a raid card?

• You'll need to slipstream the drivers into your install files. I don't see how you could use a physical USB drive like you'd do with physical access, unless you ask your provider to add the USB drive for you temporarily.

• samipysamipy Member
    edited April 2020

@Jord said:
    That looks like it's trying to find the drivers for the hard drives, you might want to check the bios.

Are you using a raid card?

What driver should I use ? Its a Samsung 120GB SSD. I do not use any RAID.

@TimboJones said:
    You'll need to slipstream the drivers into your install files. I don't see how you could use a physical USB drive like you'd do with physical access, unless you ask your provider to add the USB drive for you temporarily.

When I boot from windows ISO directly I can see the drive, only on netboot installer I can not see the drive.

• rcxbrcxb Member

@samipy said:
    What driver should I use ? Its a Samsung 120GB SSD. I do not use any RAID.

You need a driver for the SAS/SATA/RAID controller on the system. The drive you're using is largely irrelevant.

• I tried to install Centos and SSD is detected only on windows it can not find the drive.

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

anyone have an update
    when i tried netboot to install windows before years. i am also struck on same spot.
    even adding driver dont help to detect the harddisk

• @samipy
    @vpsGOD
    Have you solved it? Have similar issue.

• vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

@MarshalChe i have not tried after

current issue with netboot
    dead link of centos 7 mirror . they seems slow to fix it nowadays(anyway worthy opensource project )

Thanked by 1MarshalChe