Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bug Reports / Feature Requests - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bug Reports / Feature Requests

124»

Comments

• @jbiloh said:

@seriesn said:
    @jbiloh in the spirit of keeping the forum alive, while shooting myself in the foot, advertisements posts should be set for auto sinking after 48 hours.

Keeping the post flow fresh and declutter home page.

I actually thought they were set to auto-sink by default. I didn't realize they weren't anymore.

A suggestion,
    What if the thread is only bumped if anyone else other than an OP comments (ofcourse it should still be pushed down after xyz hours). This way it might help with reviews/feedbacks as well as motivating advertisers to respond to customers questions and concerns in a timely manner.

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@seriesn said:
    A suggestion,
    What if the thread is only bumped if anyone else other than an OP comments (ofcourse it should still be pushed down after xyz hours). This way it might help with reviews/feedbacks as well as motivating advertisers to respond to customers questions and concerns in a timely manner.

I am worried that might cause more dummy accounts

• @FAT32 said:

@seriesn said:
    A suggestion,

I am worried that might cause more dummy accounts

True sir. But then we can just take the provider privilege back from those brands, don't you think? This has been a self moderating community for a while..

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@jbiloh said:

@AlienData_Josh said:

@jbiloh said:

@AlienData_Josh said:
    Can there be some kind of notification setting through the browser/windows for when get PM's

I know it's hardly equvilent but the email notices work quite well now. Very reliable because we are sending via Amazon ses.

The email system does work but emails can take time to show up. browser/desktop notification would be nice.

I agree with you! Maybe sometime in the future we can work on that.

@FAT32 can we fix the missing Icon next to "Thanks" (if one doesn't exist perhaps we can find one?). That little thing always bugged me missing. Maybe we can also move the number to align right?

Any thoughts on this @FAT32 ?

@jbiloh said:
    Any thoughts on this FAT32?

Done.

@FAT32 said:

@jbiloh said:
    Any thoughts on this FAT32?

Done.

You're the man! That's bugged me for so many years. Hah!

Today is a great day.

Thanked by 1FAT32

@jbiloh said:
    Today is a great day.

For whatever reason today is also my 10,000 times visit on LET (based on profile) :D

@FAT32 said:

@jbiloh said:
    Today is a great day.

For whatever reason today is also my 10,000 times visit on LET (based on profile) :D

Got me beat by just a bit there. I'm a little under 9k.

On the actual number of times you've been thanked can we move that over to right align and have it match the same formatting as the other numbers? @fat32

@jbiloh said:
    On the actual number of times you've been thanked can we move that over to right align and have it match the same formatting as the other numbers? fat32

Done.

Now that's beautiful. Thank you sir! @FAT32

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Sirs @jbiloh @FAT32 why has the Discord been removed from the sidebar? :)

@Jord said:

I removed it along with a few other things to clean up the navigation.

The discord and IRC servers are mentioned now in both pinned rules threads.

On the agenda is also an improved Hosting Company Directory page.

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@jbiloh said:

@Jord said:

I removed it along with a few other things to clean up the navigation.

The discord and IRC servers are mentioned now in both pinned rules threads.

On the agenda is also an improved Hosting Company Directory page.

Can't we add the Discord back in, it was doing no harm being there, it's useful as it's a quick click instead of having to go to the thread.

• Bug:

Sometimes someone has quote replied to you but doesn't show up under your Notifications. It's annoying sometimes when you realized someone replied to you and you didn't notice because of no notification.

@TimboJones said:
    Bug:

Sometimes someone has quote replied to you but doesn't show up under your Notifications. It's annoying sometimes when you realized someone replied to you and you didn't notice because of no notification.

I've not noticed this.

Are you able to replicate it consistently?

• @jbiloh

Menial, but I would like to see updates to https://lowendbox.com/privacy-policy/

With more details for both LEB and LES, as well as clarification and information on "WNY IT Services, Inc." as per the LEB footer. If it's active, should it be in the LET footer too?

SmallWeb said: @jbiloh

Menial, but I would like to see updates to https://lowendbox.com/privacy-policy/

With more details for both LEB and LES, as well as clarification and information on "WNY IT Services, Inc." as per the LEB footer. If it's active, should it be in the LET footer too?

Good suggestion, I've updated the privacy policy to add more details to numerous sections. :)

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • @jbiloh said:

@TimboJones said:
    Bug:

I've not noticed this.

Are you able to replicate it consistently?

Nope

• There is something going on with the thanks feature. I see a comment that received over 30 thanks, but now it only has 9. Link to the comment.

I also feel like someone mentioned not thanking a comment and it was actually marked as thanked by him.

Unrelated, but on my received thanks page the last entry shows (1) instead of (19), so there is something going on aswell.

Any info about these?

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

We have a "Thanks" button. How about a "No Thanks" button. :D

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@AlienData_Josh said:

Or how about this 😂

@thedp said:

@AlienData_Josh said:

Or how about this 😂

I mean that would work. That's a lot of options. At that point might want to venture into icons/emojis.

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:
    There is something going on with the thanks feature. I see a comment that received over 30 thanks, but now it only has 9. Link to the comment.

I also feel like someone mentioned not thanking a comment and it was actually marked as thanked by him.

Unrelated, but on my received thanks page the last entry shows (1) instead of (19), so there is something going on aswell.

Any info about these?

Thanks for the report.

@FAT32 any ideas on this?

edited October 2020

Is it possible to make external links be target="_blank" (Open in a new window)???

• Another info: I had thanks on that comment too, but I can't recall if I really pressed it or no, but what I'm sure that it's gone now.

• @DataIdeas-Josh said:
    Is it possible to make external links be target="_blank" (Open in a new window)???

Middle mouse click those.

Thanked by 1DataIdeas-Josh

@jbiloh said:
    Thanks for the report.

FAT32 any ideas on this?

Someone might have pulled the old trick again... (technically security issue) Which can force others to thank posts without noticing.

@FAT32 said:

@jbiloh said:
    Thanks for the report.

FAT32 any ideas on this?

Someone might have pulled the old trick again... (technically security issue) Which can force others to thank posts without noticing.

Any suggestions or things I/we should look into? This is a bit outside my realm of expertise so I'm little help.