Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bug Reports / Feature Requests - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bug Reports / Feature Requests

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Just wanted to say a big thanks to @FAT32 for his time helping to fix some of the theme/css items recently.

And thanks to @jord for helping us test.

• @jbiloh in the spirit of keeping the forum alive, while shooting myself in the foot, advertisements posts should be set for auto sinking after 48 hours.

Keeping the post flow fresh and declutter home page.

Thanked by 1o_be_one

@seriesn said:
    @jbiloh in the spirit of keeping the forum alive, while shooting myself in the foot, advertisements posts should be set for auto sinking after 48 hours.

Keeping the post flow fresh and declutter home page.

I actually thought they were set to auto-sink by default. I didn't realize they weren't anymore.

Any other ideas/suggestions/requests folks?

• More relevant here to request the dark mode, as requested in upgrade thread :D ! I'm absolutely fan of dark mode..

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@o_be_one said:
    More relevant here to request the dark mode, as requested in upgrade thread :D ! I'm absolutely fan of dark mode..

Soon... work is relatively more when working from home which makes me no time to work on that yet :(

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • UmutUmut Member

I can't see Mark All Viewed link on mobile. Can you add it?

@Umut said:
    I can't see Mark All Viewed link on mobile. Can you add it?

I moved it to the bottom of the screen instead.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

The Home link at the bottom of the thread seems to be missing in the Dark Mode.

• thedp said: The Home link at the bottom of the thread seems to be missing in the Dark Mode.

It's not missing for me.

@thedp said:

Yes it was intended because I added the Preview button (which should be more useful?)

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@FAT32 said:

@thedp said:

Yes it was intended because I added the Preview button (which should be more useful?)

Ah ok.

Anyone else having issues with Mark All Viewed on mobile? I get Something has gone wrong error.

@thedp said:
    Anyone else having issues with Mark All Viewed on mobile? I get Something has gone wrong error.

My bad. Fixed it now :)

Thanked by 1DP

Looking top notch for me.

What does everyone think about putting the Recent Discussions block onto the desktop version of LET either above or below the Categories block?

• @jbiloh said:
    What does everyone think about putting the Recent Discussions block onto the desktop version of LET either above or below the Categories block?

Well imho i feel like it's not useful to add this block, or just put the 5 latest recent. Because "Recent Discussions" is already the default view of the main page of LET. Because you have to refresh anyway to see an update of this block, i don' t see any value for it.

If really you want to add this block, then i would like to see it below Categories block.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • Anyway to remove the Google Captcha ?

@ben47955 said:
    Anyway to remove the Google Captcha ?

Where?

• SCAM_DONT_BUYSCAM_DONT_BUY Member
    edited April 2020

jbiloh said: Where?

It's the Google reCAPTCHA logo. You can block it with a new rule in your adblocker.

Here is the code for uBlock Origin in Chrome:

! 2020. 04. 19. https://www.lowendtalk.com
    www.lowendtalk.com##.grecaptcha-badge

Right, I'm still using adblock... I'll never be satisfied with the featured hosts I guess.

• @SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

jbiloh said: Where?

It's the Google reCAPTCHA logo. You can block it with a new rule in your adblocker.

Here is the code for uBlock Origin in Chrome:

! 2020. 04. 19. https://www.lowendtalk.com
    www.lowendtalk.com##.grecaptcha-badge

Right, I'm still using adblock... I'll never be satisfied with the featured hosts I guess.

This is nice, but their are probably a way that don't imply external software.

I'm open to removing it if we are allowed to and it's easy. @fat32 any thoughts?

edited April 2020

@jbiloh said:
    I'm open to removing it if we are allowed to and it's easy. fat32 any thoughts?

I don't understand why we add in the first place because from what I see we didn't even use the output of the recaptcha...

Btw, I believe I don't have access to remove it

Edit: I hide it now but didn't remove it from loading due to lack of access

Thanked by 2o_be_one TimboJones

@FAT32 said:

@jbiloh said:
    I'm open to removing it if we are allowed to and it's easy. fat32 any thoughts?

I don't understand why we add in the first place because from what I see we didn't even use the output of the recaptcha...

Btw, I believe I don't have access to remove it

Edit: I hide it now but didn't remove it from loading due to lack of access

Perfect, thanks.

Will work on getting you access setup.

One more improvement :)

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Can there be some kind of notification setting through the browser/windows for when get PM's

@AlienData_Josh said:
    Can there be some kind of notification setting through the browser/windows for when get PM's

Thanks for your suggestion, it is possible but not trivial. I always wanted that too :) It requires changing quite a bit of the Vanilla source code and not easily implemented as a plugin.

If that ever happen it will most likely be 2-3 months later and not so soon.

@AlienData_Josh said:

I know it's hardly equvilent but the email notices work quite well now. Very reliable because we are sending via Amazon ses.

Thanked by 2o_be_one TimboJones
  • DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@jbiloh said:

@AlienData_Josh said:

I know it's hardly equvilent but the email notices work quite well now. Very reliable because we are sending via Amazon ses.

The email system does work but emails can take time to show up. browser/desktop notification would be nice.

edited April 2020

@AlienData_Josh said:

@jbiloh said:

@AlienData_Josh said:

The email system does work but emails can take time to show up. browser/desktop notification would be nice.

I agree with you! Maybe sometime in the future we can work on that.

@FAT32 can we fix the missing Icon next to "Thanks" (if one doesn't exist perhaps we can find one?). That little thing always bugged me missing. Maybe we can also move the number to align right?

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

The image button works now on Desktop

@SplitIce said:
    The image button works now on Desktop

Yup, it doesn't work previously because the default only detects for image extension (eg. .png, .jpg etc), so if you paste an image without those extension it will fail to work

Thanked by 1SplitIce