Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Solid Remote Desktop Software - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Solid Remote Desktop Software

2»

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

o_be_one said: I've always heard about AnyDesk for that. I've tried it and it worked quite nice (it was for my living room computer). Finally i've switched to Parsec, has Parsec is made for the gaming streaming in my head i was like "experience will be better" and it is for personnal stuffs, imo.

Comparing TeamViewer to AnyDesk I actually prefer AnyDesk after using it for 24 hours. Hopefully it continues to work well.

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions. I am sure this will be a useful thread for more than just me now with all the other ideas and suggestions.

• You can use AnyDesk application for remote access that will work better than the team viewer.

• jiijii Member

QQ is good

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited April 2020

Chrome remote desktop work unattended. As long as you login to your Google account on both end. I use it all the time to control my vps.

Another alternative is ultraviewer. I don't know why this software is rarely mentioned.

• Any desk, supremo and team viewer

• @yokowasis said:
    Chrome remote desktop work unattended. As long as you login to your Google account on both end. I use it all the time to control my vps.

Another alternative is ultraviewer. I don't know why this software is rarely mentioned.

Based on how often I have to randomly sign back into Chrome for bookmark and password syncing, I'd be concerned the unattended aspect would be lost frequently.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

Go with an open VNC implementation. Tightvnc and Tigervnc come to mind.

• RedSoxRedSox Member
    edited April 2020

Is AnyDesk free to use or it has some limitations for personal use?

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@RedSox said:
    Is AnyDesk free to use or it has some limitations for personal use?

As far as I know, it's free to use. I've been using it for a while to get onto a Win server and it's been working fine with no issues.

Thanked by 1RedSox
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

jbiloh said: In searching a bit I found Chrome Remote Desktop, which works reasonably well but does not allow for unattended access

I thought this allowed unattended access? They have two versions of it now it seems, well two different pages. One is tailored toward remote assistance and the other for users who want to access their own computers.

• I've been using Anydesk for closely 4 yrs or so... and I spent about avg. 1-3 hours on it with multiple sessions. Occasionally Keyboard input might not work but otherwise it is a decent app and does the job fine.

• @yokowasis said:

Chrome Remote Desktop is PITA for me. Every 2-3 months the machine will be seen as offline and nothing you can do. Reinstalling, re-enabling, nothing. Spews random error and move on. After few months it will start working again, silently... but then it could just disappear from your configured devices one day. This is my 1.5 years (out of being lazy, I use it very very rarely) experience with CRD on home PC, I would advise going different route - this feels like Google Beta (uhmmm as always I guess).

• @JabJab said:

Chrome Remote Desktop is PITA for me. Every 2-3 months the machine will be seen as offline and nothing you can do.

Good to hear I'm not the only one. I have this problem seemingly all the time and have wondered how common it is. For me, though, the computer will show as online, but you can't connect. It's really frustrating when you need access to a machine and Chrome Remote Desktop refuses to connect with some unhelpful error message. This tool has been available for years now, and it's only gotten worse I think. (At least my connection problems seems to have gotten worse.)

• Always used Teamviewer without any issues connecting to multiple machines. I also use Chrome Remote Desktop and Windows Remote Desktop too.

I've been using AnyDesk for a few weeks now and it's A+. Recommend it to anyone.

VirMach said: I thought this allowed unattended access? They have two versions of it now it seems, well two different pages. One is tailored toward remote assistance and the other for users who want to access their own computers.

As best I can tell Unattended with Chrome Remote Desktop is only available if you share the same Google account.

• @jbiloh said:
    I've been using AnyDesk for a few weeks now and it's A+. Recommend it to anyone.

VirMach said: I thought this allowed unattended access? They have two versions of it now it seems, well two different pages. One is tailored toward remote assistance and the other for users who want to access their own computers.

As best I can tell Unattended with Chrome Remote Desktop is only available if you share the same Google account.

Correct. And given how often Chrome likes to sign out and require new sign in (maybe that is just me with a few accounts), its fairly unreliable over time.

@TimboJones said:

@jbiloh said:

Correct. And given how often Chrome likes to sign out and require new sign in (maybe that is just me with a few accounts), its fairly unreliable over time.

That's been my experience with it too. More trouble than it's worth (chrome remote desktop).

• @jamesrat said:
    Providing support remotely is something I have done professionally for years here are a few notes.

Looks awesome. I’ve never tried it. Windows 10 only or would server 2019 have it too?

• microlzmicrolz Member

Maybe you can consider DDNS to fix with the changeable ip and simply use RDP

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited May 2020

Would anyone know of any softwares/solutions out there which allows you to work on the remote machine without it mirroring your activity? In the sense that you can connect to the machine and work in the background (with the consent of the end user) without interrupting end user's day-to-day tasks?

It would be good if it also has a feature to only grant access to specific applications.

• @thedp said:
    Would anyone know of any softwares/solutions out there which allows you to work on the remote machine without it mirroring your activity? In the sense that you can connect to the machine and work in the background (with the consent of the end user) without interrupting end user's day-to-day tasks?

It would be good if it also has a feature to only grant access to specific applications.

Any legitimate (as in, you can't find a single reference to it on HF), enterprise RSAT/RAT will be able to accomplish this task. When I worked for Disney, they used a variety of tools that worked this way (to ensure compliance, remote support, software updates, etc).

If you do this without user consent, I swear I'll kick you in the gonads.

Cheers.