Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need your suggestions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need your suggestions

itfzeitfze Member
edited April 2020 in General

Hello friends,

I hope you are fine. I am running a VPS with DirectAdmin installed and hostname for that VPS is my Main Domain. However, due to my requirements I have purchased another VPS. I wants to know that can I use my main domain as hostname in my second VPS. Because, I don't wants to purchase another domain for this new VPS.

Anyone can guide me that can I use my Main Domain on both VPS as hostname?

Regards

Comments

• No reason why not i suppose.

Why not just create a subdomain for the server? Ie server1.domain.com

Thanked by 1itfze
  • itfzeitfze Member

@WSCallum Thanks for your reply. What DNS settings I have to configure for this new sudomain

• Yes, there is no reason to get another domain. You can do server.domain.com then server2.domain.com for the 2nd vps. Same for DNS, you can do ns3 and ns4.domain.com for the 2nd vps. If you think you will grow, you can setup a DNS cluster and use ns1 and ns2 for both VPS. Check https://directslave.com/ for DNS cluster.

Thanked by 1itfze
  • itfzeitfze Member

@jonesolutions Thanks for your guidance. How do I connect server2.domain.com with 2nd VPS?

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@itfze said:
    @jonesolutions Thanks for your guidance. How do I connect server2.domain.com with 2nd VPS?

Create A records for your subdomain using IP of your new vps. Then you can install the directadmin on the new vps. It will work

• itfzeitfze Member

@ViridWeb I followed your guide. My subdomain server2.domain.com has been successfully connected to my 2nd VPS. However, when I creates a default domain in DirectAdmin, it shows me an Already Exist message. Now, how do I add server2.domain.com as my default domain.

edited April 2020

@itfze said:
    @ViridWeb I followed your guide. My subdomain server2.domain.com has been successfully connected to my 2nd VPS. However, when I creates a default domain in DirectAdmin, it shows me an Already Exist message. Now, how do I add server2.domain.com as my default domain.

Do you want to use a single to create website on 2 different setup? I'm i right?

You can't run a website using same domain on multiple platforms.
    However You can create hostname using one domain on different platforms using A records.

Please explain better what you are trying to achieve?

• itfzeitfze Member

@ViridWeb I tell you.
    This is my domain: www.domain.com, I then purchased a new VPS now and created a subdomain: server2.domain.com along with I also setup A record to this purchased VPS.
    This is done fine for integration of server2.domain.com with VPS.

Now I switched as User account and wants to add server2.domain.com as default domain, but it says that this domain Already Exists as you can here: https://ibb.co/sb2Jt9x

Can you advise why I can't add server2.domain.com and if it is added why it is not visible in my DirectAdmin Domain Setup?

Regards

@itfze said:
    @ViridWeb I tell you.
    This is my domain: www.domain.com, I then purchased a new VPS now and created a subdomain: server2.domain.com along with I also setup A record to this purchased VPS.
    This is done fine for integration of server2.domain.com with VPS.

Now I switched as User account and wants to add server2.domain.com as default domain, but it says that this domain Already Exists as you can here: https://ibb.co/sb2Jt9x

Can you advise why I can't add server2.domain.com and if it is added why it is not visible in my DirectAdmin Domain Setup?

Regards

I think Because that's your hostname and DNS records already existed in this DA installation.

Also I don't think it's possible to use a subdomain/hostname such as server.xyz.com as a domain/website

It's better to use the subdomain as hostname only. And add other domains for creating accounts/websites.

Thanked by 1itfze
  • itfzeitfze Member

@ViridWeb Thanks for clearing mine mind and helping me to sort out this issue.

Thanked by 1ViridWeb