Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Look for US-based VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Look for US-based VPS

I need a few cheap ( around $10.00 and max $20.00 ) and reliable US VPS for my web crawling project.

my bandwidth, cpu, and ram usage would be very low. (like 100gb is good enough) The only software I am gonna install is squid proxy on centos 6 or 7.

In the past I used bandwagonhost (all their cheap offers were terminated), sparkVPS (turned out to be a scam) and Virmach (I am very happy with their service now but don't want to wait for another BF sale).

Any suggestions?

Comments

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

Location?

• any US location would be fine, like CA, NY or NJ.
    Also I need independent Ipv4 address that cannot be shared.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

@blanketred said:
    I need a few cheap ( around $10.00 and max $20.00 ) and reliable US VPS for my web crawling project.

my bandwidth, cpu, and ram usage would be very low. (like 100gb is good enough) The only software I am gonna install is squid proxy on centos 6 or 7.

In the past I used bandwagonhost (all their cheap offers were terminated), sparkVPS (turned out to be a scam) and Virmach (I am very happy with their service now but don't want to wait for another BF sale).

Any suggestions?

Please refer to our cheapest Linux VPS Offers here on LEB:

HostNamaste – OpenVZ VPS from $10/Year in Los Angeles, Dallas, Jacksonville, USA and France, Europe

• looks good. I've purchased 1 VPS. If everything works well I'll buy a few more.

just being curious, why adding an IPv4 costs $2 per month($24 per year) whereas purchasing a new VPS only costs $10.00 per year? It seems unreasonable to me.

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

NexusBytes has services in LA, NY and FL.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

@blanketred said:
    looks good. I've purchased 1 VPS. If everything works well I'll buy a few more.

just being curious, why adding an IPv4 costs $2 per month($24 per year) whereas purchasing a new VPS only costs $10.00 per year? It seems unreasonable to me.

Thanks for purchasing our services and hopefully it will fulfil your requirements.

Yes, because additional IP addresses are costly. You can buy as many VPSes as you want for these limited time $10/Year Offers are going on.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if there’s anything we can do for you! Best of luck!

• @thedp said:

I checked their cheapest offer is $24/year. That's over my budget. Thanks anyway!

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@blanketred said:
    looks good. I've purchased 1 VPS. If everything works well I'll buy a few more.

IPs are not free. Provider have to pay for the IPs
    So that's why customer have to pay for every extra IP.
    Only the VPS are included with 1 IP and for extra you have to pay

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@blanketred said:

@thedp said:

I checked their cheapest offer is $24/year. That's over my budget. Thanks anyway!

Soz! You weren't specific with your budget, since you mentioned $10 and max $20, I thought that was monthly :joy:

If that's the case, yeah it might be overkill for your project.