Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

woocommerce response time issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

woocommerce response time issue

hey guys,
so i have a fairly powerfull box from ssdnodes (8gb ram, ssd storage..etc). i used runcloud panel for it and been using it as a dump for many of my projects usually sitting idle under 5% usage

i am launching a new woocommerce, and i am very pissed off at how long does "establishing connection" takes before the site actually starts to load.
video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZiglcTCwCRumDzgJB8I-AJRXxpJ6MkfP

most benchmarks doesn't count that in, and even many of the people who tested it from outside my country said that it was "fine", but at least here, everyone is complaining!

try it from your end "gofeesha.com"

i tried everything and even tried moving to siteground hosting, but didn't really help.

if anyone has a suggestion i am fully open to it, even if that involves moving the site to another host (its wp after all so not that hard), any EU location like london or frankfort gives a sub 200ms latency to me so would be fine

Comments

• WSCallumWSCallum Member
    edited April 2020

If it's just a response time issue have you considered that it might well be DNS related? Were you using the same DNS servers with siteground?

Are other websites on the VPS seeing the same issue too or is it just limited to this one site?

You're also using CloudFlare so perhaps try disabling CF first, could well be an issue with your configuration there between your site.

• thanks for the reply mate
    i switched to cloudflare trying to resolve that issue (without avail), and i setup the sitground clone site on thier temp domain, so nope not the same dns

the thing is driving me crazy

• You might need to optimize your VPS properly. Checking the log will help you see if there are any issues with software.

• disable w3totalcache and all/any cache plugins and try again

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

Definitely seems to be a server issue as the connection is pretty quick but response is slow:

$ ./ttfb.sh https://gofeesha.com
    Connect: 0.036577 TTFB: 1.838515 Total time: 1.899380

Are you using any pagebuilder plugins? Try disabling all plugins (other than woocommerce) and checking load time. If this speeds the site up enable them back one by one testing each time.

Another one is to switch the theme back to a wordpress default and check, as it could be some theme related code that's slowing the site down.

• You can try new relic apm free for a week so without any changes on theme/modules/server etc, you can view whats wrong (in my opinion) with theme eating so much mysql time

1. google optimize woocommerce. There a few blogs, like one by elegant themes that give 5-6 great recommendations.
    2. Follow @jonesolutions advice and optimize your vps (Hint google: optimize vps)
    3. Talk to your provider, point out exactly what you did and that service is still poor.
    4. if no help, move.

Chances are moving to a provider that charges more (to create lower server density or to provide an actual qualified help desk), could improve performance. But talk to them first to make sure they have experience and that there really are qualified resources to assist you

Finally, I would do all of those steps after contacting woocommerce first and asking them for any strategies or if there is a good woocommerce forum with people actually knowledgable about woocommerce and using it everyday. Perhaps hire an expert https://woocommerce.com/experts/