Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interviews are coming!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interviews are coming!

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

A few weeks ago I created a thread asking for folks to speak up if they wanted to take part in a new interview series on Low End Box.

The response was excellent, and as of today we've completed over 20 interviews. Including some with small hosters, CEOs of big hosting companies, prior LEB administrator @jar and current moderator @raindog308. Plus many more.

To prep for this I created a new post category on Low End Box, go figure, called "Interviews"

You can check it here: https://lowendbox.com/category/interview/

Over the next 5-6 months we'll be posting all of the interviews already completed and hopefully we'll be able to keep up on this if more folks say yes to being interviewed.

If there are still people who would like to be interviewed just send me a message and we'll get the party started. Also open to suggestions on who I should contact to see if they may be interested in a quick Q/A session.

Comments

• Someone @ me when the 🐐 interview drops.

• Not sure if @Lee would be interested. I would definitely read his interview.

Thanked by 1ChrisMiller
  • serveria_comserveria_com Member, Host Rep

We'd like to participate. Message sent. B)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@seriesn said:
    Not sure if @Lee would be interested. I would definitely read his interview.

By all means. @Lee would you like to participate?

serveria_com said: We'd like to participate. Message sent.

I've sent you a PM.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

This is great, the idea of knowing the history of the companies that advertise here, and the people that are behind this, it’s an opportunity to know and learn about their experiences.

@georgedatacenter said:
    This is great, the idea of knowing the history of the companies that advertise here, and the people that are behind this, it’s an opportunity to know and learn about their experiences.

Would you like to take part in the interview series?

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Excited to read all the interviews.

Thanked by 1SCAM_AlphaRacks
  • LeeLee Veteran

seriesn said: Not sure if @Lee would be interested

He is most definitely not.

Lee said: He is most definitely not.

Booo! If you reconsider let me know, would love to get it done with you.

• LeeLee Veteran

jbiloh said: would love to get it done with you.

I get that a lot.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • imokimok Member

@VirMach of course.

@imok said:
    @VirMach of course.

I've been in touch with the owner of @VirMach and hopefully he will be doing an interview.

• @jbiloh said:

@imok said:
    @VirMach of course.

I've been in touch with the owner of @VirMach and hopefully he will be doing an interview.

@VirMach is a person; he has no owner, he is the owner... the owner of Virmach.com services. As owner of an awesome company with lots of happy customers, he is so successful, that he contributes towards changing the world into a better place, but this is a different topic.

Thanked by 1imok

default said: @VirMach is a person; he has no owner, he is the owner... the owner of Virmach.com services. As owner of an awesome company with lots of happy customers, he is so successful, that he contributes towards changing the world into a better place, but this is a different topic.

Har-har.

I've met Soheil a couple times and gone to dinner with him. I know Mr. Golestani well. :)

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

Very excited to read all the interviews!

The first interview was published today.

We have 14 more scheduled between now and September.

Would like to do at least another 5.

Hope you guys enjoy this new element of LowEndBox!

Thanked by 2Falzo seriesn
  • FalzoFalzo Member

interesting read, I give you that. some feedback (just my opinion): because of who you picked to go first, I am a bit hesitant towards trusting the value of this series...

not here to (again) judge Dustin and his 12+ years experience blabla, however racknerd still is just a very new/young player and his qualities of running a company are yet to be proven IMHO.
    he's most likely a good sales guy yeah, if you read the interview that's quite full of himself - sales guys all are ;-) however that does not mean you're a good leader too... will be interesting to see and follow up on in about a year, shall we?

Thanked by 4Lee seriesn imok notarobo

Falzo said: interesting read, I give you that. some feedback (just my opinion): because of who you picked to go first, I am a bit hesitant towards trusting the value of this series...

not here to (again) judge Dustin and his 12+ years experience blabla, however racknerd still is just a very new/young player and his qualities of running a company are yet to be proven IMHO.

he's most likely a good sales guy yeah, if you read the interview that's quite full of himself - sales guys all are however that does not mean you're a good leader too... will be interesting to see and follow up on in about a year, shall we?

Definately some fair points. No doubt Dustin has a sales disposition.

We have lots of good interviews coming.

Next up on May 1st is:

Interview: Q&A with Nexus Bytes CEO Nahian on the Hosting Industry and a Customer First Approach

And then on May 25th we've got:

Interview: Q&A with CrossBox.io on the Software Industry, Small Business, and Making a Difference

And so on and so forth...

• LeeLee Veteran

Never saw that coming, you are fools :)

Next interview is scheduled for 5/25/2020 with CrossBox.io.

We have 15~ other interviews scheduled between now and the end of the year.

I'd like to get 5 more in this year so that instead of 2-3 weeks between interviews it can be less (since this concept seems to be really well received).

So, I am looking for 5 more providers/hosting professionals/industry experts. Please PM if interested. Don't be shy!!

• seriesnseriesn Member

Woot woot. Can I nominate the following people :smile:
    @Jord
    @hzr
    @jbiloh
    @FAT32

@seriesn said:
    Woot woot. Can I nominate the following people :smile:
    @Jord
    @hzr
    @jbiloh
    @FAT32

I'm flattered but I'm not sure anyone wants to read an interview of me interviewing myself. :)

As for @jord @hzr and @fat32 they've been asked and are all considering it. :)

Maybe you pushing them will help get their commitment. Hehe.

• seriesnseriesn Member

jbiloh said: I'm flattered but I'm not sure anyone wants to read an interview of me interviewing myself.

Get frankie to do it!

@seriesn said:

jbiloh said: I'm flattered but I'm not sure anyone wants to read an interview of me interviewing myself.

Get frankie to do it!

Hah I'll think about it.

Hi guys,

Still looking for more interview candidates. Who's in? Send me a pm!

• dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Nice! Keep up the good work.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@jbiloh Tell me, when we will see more RackNerd interviews?
    I am big fan of that company.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting

@Neoon said:
    @jbiloh Tell me, when we will see more RackNerd interviews?
    I am big fan of that company.

Interviews, along with follow ups, are open to everyone, so it's possible we might do something else with RackNerd.

I've got a few more interviews I'm working on with a few major industry players this coming week that I'm excited about, too.