Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scaleway for production, what are your thoughts?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scaleway for production, what are your thoughts?

Beening working on a new project and currently looking at deploying using scaleway as they seem to have a nice set of features and their prices are a lot lower than other cloud type providers. Would you deploy your primary production infrastrcuture with them?

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2020

I wont recommend scaleway in general due to the DHCP/PXE downtimes that happen regularly.
    Sometimes its even undetected for hours.

The problem is there since a while however they where unable to fix it.

• zenkizenki Member
    edited April 2020

I dislike Scaleway a lot. They tried to bill me for instances I deleted months ago! Horrible support team in my opinion. I would never use them for production

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

They're getting rid of C2 and ARM64 servers.

C2S, C2M, C2L
    ARM64-2G, ARM64-4G, ARM64-8G, ARM64-16G, ARM64-32G, ARM64-64G, ARM64-128G

If you're using/planning on using any of these, forget it. They will raise prices in 2 months and completely throw them out in December.

Thanked by 1PandaRain
  • There are tons of options better than Scaleway, even at reduced pricing: Hetzner, RamNode, LunaNode, IntoVPS etc. Don't go for Scaleway for production workloads, seriously.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Test the IO first. Last time I tested it, it is bad like you are in a single HDD.

• Thanks for people's comments, moved to DO, bit more expensive but have all the features I needed.

• @HyperK9 said:
    I dislike Scaleway a lot. They tried to bill me for instances I deleted months ago! Horrible support team in my opinion. I would never use them for production

Is it because you forgot to delete the reserved IPs?

• ollietrex said: Thanks for people's comments, moved to DO, bit more expensive but have all the features I needed.

Have you looked into Amazon Lightsail? Also a good alternative but cheaper.

• They use EPYC instead of Xeon, so performance may vary.

Thanked by 1boernd
  • @dfmcvn said:
    They use EPYC instead of Xeon, so performance may vary.

No, they use overloaded servers, that's why the performance varies. Epyc is better than Xeon.

Thanked by 1dfmcvn
  • zenkizenki Member

@Bertie said:

@HyperK9 said:

Is it because you forgot to delete the reserved IPs?

Nope, nothing in the account. I had to chargeback because they said I had 3 instances active when it wasn't in the account and I had proof that I cancelled it