Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ryzen 3990x/3970x for GAME & VPS Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ryzen 3990x/3970x for GAME & VPS Hosting

13371337 Member

Hi everyone!!

What are your thoughts on the Ryzen 3990x/3970x Threadrippers for Game & VPS hosting?

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Your break even is multiple years with a $4000 CPU, $2k+ in RAM, $500 in motherboard, and a mountain in power.

Francisco

Thanked by 11337
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

It would be nice to have, then to sell at $5 for a 2GB VPS, then to deadpool with, then to sell on eBay.

The 8-12 core CPUs are more logical.

Thanked by 11337
  • @1337 said:
    Hi everyone!!

What are your thoughts on the Ryzen 3990x/3970x Threadrippers for Game & VPS hosting?

As fran said, that ROI ain't worth the investment if you are focusing on LE market.

Thanked by 11337
  • 13371337 Member
    edited April 2020

@Francisco said:
    Your break even is multiple years with a $4000 CPU, $2k+ in RAM, $500 in motherboard, and a mountain in power.

Francisco

@MikeA said:
    It would be nice to have, then to sell at $5 for a 2GB VPS, then to deadpool with, then to sell on eBay.

The 8-12 core CPUs are more logical.

@seriesn said:

@1337 said:
    Hi everyone!!

As fran said, that ROI ain't worth the investment if you are focusing on LE market.

Thank you for the reply guys! I realize you guys are all providing Ryzen CPU for your VPS hosting offers. If you don't mind me asking, but what CPU are you using?

If you were aiming for quality hardware is this something you would upgrade to for the future? (Not targeting the LE market)

For the people that are using a threadripper, roughly how much power are you using on a full load? 500W?

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@1337 said:
    Thank you for the reply guys! I realize you guys are all providing Ryzen CPU for your VPS hosting offers. If you don't mind me asking, but what CPU are you using?

If you were aiming for quality hardware is this something you would upgrade to for the future? (Not targeting the LE market)

For the people that are using a threadripper, roughly how much power are you using on a full load? 500W?

I use many... 3700X, 3800X, 3900X, 3950X.. I believe Fran uses 3900X.

Thanked by 11337