Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

poor netcup experience
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

poor netcup experience

I had a pretty bad experience with them with these deals. I went looking for the easter eggs they had on the site. I found the VPS I needed and placed orders for the eggs I had found. I placed an order with my current residential address. I sent in my ID which had my permanent address. They said it didnt match and asked me to place the order again.

Now all of the items are sold out. I requested them to change teh address on the order if possible. I am sure people move locations after buying things with them. Their reply was just saying there is no guarantee that it would be available today even though I put in my order yesterday.

Comments

• Welcome to LowEndSupport!

Thanks for your review. Unfortunately, we can't help you in any way.

Best regards,
    HostDoc

• AstroAstro Member

@SCAM_DONT_BUY said:
    Welcome to LowEndSupport!

Best regards,
    HostDoc

I completely understand. Just left a poor taste and made me want to vent.

• @SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

Best regards,
    HostDoc

Loved this, it did make me laugh

Thanked by 1Astro
  • angstromangstrom Moderator

@BarkingIron said:
    I had a pretty bad experience with them with these deals. I went looking for the easter eggs they had on the site. I found the VPS I needed and placed orders for the eggs I had found. I placed an order with my current residential address. I sent in my ID which had my permanent address. They said it didnt match and asked me to place the order again.

Now all of the items are sold out. I requested them to change teh address on the order if possible. I am sure people move locations after buying things with them. Their reply was just saying there is no guarantee that it would be available today even though I put in my order yesterday.

Why are you repeating yourself?

( https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3094291/#Comment_3094291 )

No congrats on your first discussion

• AstroAstro Member

@angstrom said:

@BarkingIron said:

Why are you repeating yourself?

( https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3094291/#Comment_3094291 )

No congrats on your first discussion

:(

• LeonDynamicLeonDynamic Member
    edited April 2020

So you used fraudulent information to sign up. They questioned it. You sent ID with a different address to what you signed up with. They cancelled your order and said order again with real information. You asked them to change your original fraudulent information to your real info. Then you turned up here to vent your anger at Netcup who done nothing wrong.

Does that sum it up?

• AstroAstro Member

@LeonDynamic said:
    So you used fraudulent information to sign up. They questioned it. You sent ID with a different address to what you signed up with. They cancelled your order and said order again with real information. You asked them to change your original fraudulent information to your real info. Then you turned up here to vent your anger at Netcup who done nothing wrong.

Does that sum it up?

I didnt sign up with fraudulent info. If I am living somewhere temporarily what sort of an ID do you expect me to have? I offered to register with the address on my ID. if I wanted to hide my address, I wouldnt have handed over my ID.

I requested to be allowed to place the order again - it seems to have run out online. I only requested to be allowed to replace the order using the matching info from ID. I can see their side of the story but I really dont think its unreasonable for me to expect some cooperation. I did spend my time looking for those eggs and signing up by manually translating german on the site. The offers werent showing up for english language.

• edited April 2020

@LeonDynamic said:

Does that sum it up?

BarkingIron said: I placed an order with my current residential address. I sent in my ID which had my permanent address.

I know some of you have to deal with scammers. However, some people have more than 1 residences, on top of that, he provided ID, and asked to change the order's address. What more do you or netcup want?

BarkingIron, just let it go. You will find another deal.
    BTW, what was the deal anyway?

• Sending ID is a scam. Overlay your pic with some non-celebrity, get me outta here.

• AstroAstro Member

@greattomeetyou said:

@LeonDynamic said:

Does that sum it up?

BarkingIron said: I placed an order with my current residential address. I sent in my ID which had my permanent address.

I know some of you have to deal with scammers. However, some people have more than 1 residences, on top of that, he provided ID, and asked to change the order's address. What more do you or netcup want?

BarkingIron, just let it go. You will find another deal.
    BTW, what was the deal anyway?

It was the VPS Ostern M. For 10 Euros.

• I am just shocked now why did Netcup register a domain for me which I had Ordered but Have not paid for Neither given any Payment Details. They gave me the login info and I instantly cancelled it via the panel. But it says it will be cancelled the next year. How could it register before the Payment and I do not want it. What is happening I do not know? Help!

• hanzen said: Help!

You can use Markdown in your post.

Thanked by 2angstrom alegeek
  • I think this is the new way Netcup has found out to steal some money. Now if they want me to pay for that domain, I won't. And the thing is that my Pending Invoices are Empty. I don't know what is happening. Anyone who has registered Domains with Them?

• hanzen said: Now if they want me to pay for that domain, I won't.

I don't know what happened exactly, but if you have to pay they will make you pay, trust me. Don't fuck with germans.

• @SCAM_DONT_BUY said:

hanzen said: Now if they want me to pay for that domain, I won't.

I don't know what happened exactly, but if you have to pay they will make you pay, trust me. Don't fuck with germans.

Is this usual that they register Domains without and Payment Details or Before paying?

• FalzoFalzo Member

@hanzen said:
    I think this is the new way Netcup has found out to steal some money. Now if they want me to pay for that domain, I won't. And the thing is that my Pending Invoices are Empty. I don't know what is happening. Anyone who has registered Domains with Them?

you enter a contract by clicking on order. regardless if you paid something yet or not. they'll send you an invoice. if you don't pay, then they'll enforce it via collection agencies.
    no buyers remorse.

• I just ordered the egg promotion on the vps server, after a while I got a confirmation about the Cloud vLAN Medium OST20 order. I wrote to support for cancellation, we'll see how it works, but it doesn't work properly at this time.

• snzsnz Member

@BarkingIron said:

Now all of the items are sold out.

Fake news. VPS Ostern M OST20 is available for me.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • asasdasasd Member

I tried to do business with netcup before (about 2 years ago), and I can confirm their support (at least the 7 different people I interacted with) were not helpful at all.

netcup automated e-mail on order: "If your details are not listed in a telephone directory or if there are other irregularities, we will need to validate your address by phoning you or writing to you."
    --- 1 week waiting ---
    Me: Hey my service is not activated yet and I haven't received a verification phone call/letter. Can you help me out?
    netcup support: Your address is wrong.
    Me: No it is not. Did you send a letter? You can also send me recorded letters to make sure. Can't you verify via phone?
    netcup support: We don't do phone verification if the address is wrong. We don't send letters, "it would be out of proportion to our favourable prices."

My main takeaway (from a much longer, formal conversation of course) is that they don't do ID verification. They want address verification and in very specific ways. Netcup was the only hosting company in my life that refused ID based verification. Like they want to provide services to addresses, signs contracts with addresses instead of people... It's ok that in Germany the addresses are printed on the ID cards, but there are other countries on the planet.

@Barkinglron, you were completely right giving your residential address to a hosting company (even if it differs from the address on your ID card) because "contact address" (where you can be reached) is the required address type for all domain/IP registration and abuse handling. If the netcup support doesn't understand this, that's a huge issue.

By the way, did you know that the netcup experience also includes PGP support via e-mail?

Me: Do you really support PGP?
    netcup support: Yes. https://www.netcup-wiki.de/wiki/GPG
    Me: -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
    netcup support: Please send it in clear text.
    Me: message in clear text (public key still added as attachment)
    netcup support: Please send us your PGP private key.