Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to Know About LetBox
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want to Know About LetBox

I want to buy Storage Vps from Letbox but before that I want check their port speed and storage iops. So I request them for trial or any money back guarantee but there support team not that much helpful and they also behave so rough.

If here any letbox customer, will you please run a benchmark script (https://github.com/n-st/nench) for me and post result here.
Thanks in advance.
(Sorry for my bad english)

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@Shahriar24 said: I want to buy Storage Vps from Letbox but before that I want check their port speed and storage iops. So I request them for trial or any money back guarantee but there support team not that much helpful and they also behave so rough.

Congrats on your first post

• @Shahriar24 said:
    but there support team not that much helpful and they also behave so rough.

So why do you still want to buy their services? Post screenshots of your conversation with support to prove whether you were rough to support or otherwise....

• NVMe Disk

ioping: seek rate
        min/avg/max/mdev = 92.3 us / 178.6 us / 3.19 ms / 76.0 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
        generated 11.1 k requests in 5.00 s, 2.71 GiB, 2.22 k iops, 554.9 MiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
        1st run:    1049.04 MiB/s
        2nd run:    1049.04 MiB/s
        3rd run:    1049.04 MiB/s
        average:    1049.04 MiB/s

Cachefly CDN:         112.57 MiB/s
        Leaseweb (NL):        17.03 MiB/s
        Softlayer DAL (US):   57.18 MiB/s
        Online.net (FR):      15.70 MiB/s
        OVH BHS (CA):         28.74 MiB/s

Pault Spid

• Brock Stolazi

IOPS 4092byte min=106. max=7886. avg=471
    Sequential Right min=58MB/s. max=1491MB/s. avg=79MB/s

Thanked by 2scooke Shahriar24
  • bdlbdl Member

They are good

• @kerus1024 said:
    NVMe Disk

Pault Spid

Amazing

• Like you said, terrible support. I provided proof of network downtime using Hetrix logs. They told me there was zero downtime. I had about 80-90% network uptime from hetrixtools. System uptime was 100%,but it didn't matter if you can't reach your service. I wasn't going for a refund or anything, just an explanation, and they said my logs don't prove anything.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@aaraya1516 said:
    Like you said, terrible support. I provided proof of network downtime using Hetrix logs. They told me there was zero downtime. I had about 80-90% network uptime from hetrixtools. System uptime was 100%,but it didn't matter if you can't reach your service. I wasn't going for a refund or anything, just an explanation, and they said my logs don't prove anything.

Ya? And that’s only you? I have monitored as well back to 2019 with 100% network uptime since our last upgrades.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@aaraya1516 said:
    Like you said, terrible support. I provided proof of network downtime using Hetrix logs. They told me there was zero downtime. I had about 80-90% network uptime from hetrixtools. System uptime was 100%,but it didn't matter if you can't reach your service. I wasn't going for a refund or anything, just an explanation, and they said my logs don't prove anything.

Congrats on your first post since November

• wilbowilbo Member

I have used LetBox for a few months and have nothing but praise for them. I only use it as a storage server so I can't testify to downtime because I don't monitor it. Every time I need to back something up it is chugging along just fine though. I got a great deal from them.

• @key900 said:

@aaraya1516 said:

Ya? And that’s only you? I have monitored as well back to 2019 with 100% network uptime since our last upgrades.

This is my point, you don't listen to your clients.

To all others, good luck and take care.

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited April 2020

Coincidentally, just this evening, from UptimeRobot:

(It was down for 1 hour, 35 minutes and 6 seconds).
    Event timestamp: 2020-04-11 21:34:23 UTC+0

Server was running (I could ping out from the console) but no network connectivity to the server. Rebooted and it was then fine. The event was well outside my backup window and a reboot 'fixed' it, so it isn't worth the time/effort to investigate - I suspect a network glitch.

Otherwise the performance and reliability in over a year has been outstanding value for money.

• @AlwaysSkint iirc there was a planned maintenance announced for a node, perhaps yours?

@aaraya1516 was that hetrixtools ping monitor? You probably need to read the instructions on how to configure it.

@Shahriar24 I've been a customer of letbox for a couple of years now and for the price it's excellent IMO.. hard to beat his storage pricing especially for los angeles

• dahartigan said:
    iirc there was a planned maintenance announced for a node, perhaps yours?

You may well be right, announced a few weeks back and being me, forgot.;)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @kerus1024 said:
    NVMe Disk

Pault Spid

Will you please give this test result for block storage?

• Will you please provide STORAGE-2T with 4gb ram?

• @Shahriar24 said:

Will you please provide STORAGE-2T with 4gb ram?

Hi,
    Please open a sales ticket and we will try to if something could be custom tailored. :)

• Will you give your n4 package from ryzen cpu?

• @seriesn said:

@Shahriar24 said:

Hi,
    Please open a sales ticket and we will try to if something could be custom tailored. :)

I just want 2gb extra ram in same price..if possible tell here.

• @Shahriar24 said:

@seriesn said:

@Shahriar24 said:

Hi,

Negative. Sorry.

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Coincidentally, just this evening, from UptimeRobot:

(It was down for 1 hour, 35 minutes and 6 seconds).
    Event timestamp: 2020-04-11 21:34:23 UTC+0

Server was running (I could ping out from the console) but no network connectivity to the server. Rebooted and it was then fine. The event was well outside my backup window and a reboot 'fixed' it, so it isn't worth the time/effort to investigate - I suspect a network glitch.

Otherwise the performance and reliability in over a year has been outstanding value for money.

Rebooting a VM resolving the problem doesn't imply there was a network problem, it implies there was a VM problem.

• @aaraya1516 said:

They're right, it doesn't prove anything, just supposed to be supportive evidence to your theory of network issues.

They're going to know if they lost all connectivity to a node as well as if tons of others on same node have same problem at same time. When they don't and it's just you, then blaming the VM is what to do.

You need to be troubleshooting it WHILE Hetrix says you have problems. If you can use console and can ping your gateway but nothing beyond, you have a good argument. But if you can ping 8.8.8.8 during this downtime, you got more investigation to do and certainly not "network downtime".

• @Shahriar24 said:

@seriesn said:

@Shahriar24 said:

Hi,

Yes, publicly state you'll give 2GB extra for free.

/s

• @TimboJones said:

@Shahriar24 said:

@seriesn said:

@Shahriar24 said:

Hi,

/s

I don't understand what you say?

• @Shahriar24 said:

@TimboJones said:

@Shahriar24 said:

@seriesn said:

@Shahriar24 said:

Hi,

/s

I don't understand what you say?

It was sarcasm. Asking for 2GB for same price is a bit dickish. Asking in public instead of private is stupid. If I was a provider, that would turn me off from offering a special deal/price to you.

Thanked by 2seriesn bdl
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@TimboJones said:

@aaraya1516 said:

They're right, it doesn't prove anything, just supposed to be supportive evidence to your theory of network issues.

They're going to know if they lost all connectivity to a node as well as if tons of others on same node have same problem at same time. When they don't and it's just you, then blaming the VM is what to do.

You need to be troubleshooting it WHILE Hetrix says you have problems. If you can use console and can ping your gateway but nothing beyond, you have a good argument. But if you can ping 8.8.8.8 during this downtime, you got more investigation to do and certainly not "network downtime".

Yep currently our support asked him to check if there is any firewall/iptables on site providing Trace/MTR while issue occurs and even if he can sent to us while it goes down and monitoring our network instead. And they attached screenshots of our monitoring network/main node.

Regarding

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @key900 said:

@TimboJones said:

@aaraya1516 said:

Yep currently our support asked him to check if there is any firewall/iptables on site providing Trace/MTR while issue occurs and even if he can sent to us while it goes down and monitoring our network instead. And they attached screenshots of our monitoring network/main node.

Regarding

Will you please give me your block storage read/write speed report?

• bdlbdl Member

@Shahriar24 said:

@key900 said:

@TimboJones said:

@aaraya1516 said:

Regarding

Will you please give me your block storage read/write speed report?

If you search other letbox threads on here, you'll see the read/write speeds for letbox's block storage.

Maybe best if you grab an offer for a month and do all your testing then switch to quarterly/biannual/annual payment if you like what you see?