Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuickSync VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuickSync VPS

Hey guys,

I am looking for some Wowza Transcoding and got the idea of looking for a VPS to do the job. What I need:

• QuickSync support
  • At least 4GB of RAM
  • At least 60GB of SSD
  • A few TB data traffic

I don’t have a big budget, but want to see how far it goes. If there are any other ways to transcode into 1080, 720p and 480p simultaneously, please let me now!

I need this for adaptive bitrate multi streaming. It’s just an idea. If it’s not a feasible idea, I’ll keep things the way they are now.

Any offers?

Dennis

Comments

• What’s up boss, safely assuming that you require some heavy consistent CPU utilization?

• @seriesn said:
    What’s up boss, safely assuming that you require some heavy consistent CPU utilization?

I am not sure. If the transcoding is done by the graphics card, I don’t think so. I have an ESXi with a Quadro K2200 running. Since it encodes using the Quadro, the CPU only is @ 1.7 GHz consistenly.

Maybe this is the same for Wowza? :-))

• DignusDataDignusData Member
    edited April 2020

hi you need a server dedicated only We can offer i7 3770 16GB DDR3 500gb SSD 1G EU or USA location 45 EUR https://dc.dignusdata.center/cart.php?a=add&pid=89 its come with Onboard Igpu but if you will mention your budget then it will be easy to help you with proper deal

• @DennisdeWit said:

@seriesn said:
    What’s up boss, safely assuming that you require some heavy consistent CPU utilization?

I am not sure. If the transcoding is done by the graphics card, I don’t think so. I have an ESXi with a Quadro K2200 running. Since it encodes using the Quadro, the CPU only is @ 1.7 GHz consistenly.

Maybe this is the same for Wowza? :-))

So, as you know, ryzen cpu, something about them being super fast and what not. Everyone says it's a rumor. But if you want to verify that, we got some dedicated ryzen core offerings ;)

https://nexusbytes.com/virtual-dedicated-server.html

If you see something you like or need something custom, shoot me a pm :)

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Member, Patron Provider

Couldnt find if wowza can utilize OpenCL or just CUDA

if it do support OpenCL then check our new GPU VPS offers that we just released
    https://servarica.com/clients/cart.php?gid=54

those VPS are special king that I didnt see any low end provider doing them , basically we virtualize the GPU just like we do with the CPU which means users can share the GPU as well

Currently the offer is based on storage servers (lot of storage since one of the use case is video encoding ) but we may release as well GPU VPS based on NVMe

The GPU is AMD FirePro s7150x2 and you will get a GPU in your vps as if it was dedicated

Thanks