Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unfortunately a bad first impression of WeLoveServers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unfortunately a bad first impression of WeLoveServers

Considering that WeLoveServers.net appeared to have usually received good reviews I recently decided to give them a try, however I am afraid it looks like I am going to regret this decision.

Within three weeks three outages took place with a total of about 2.5 hours so far. Despite them claiming to provide an uptime and compensation guarantee a request for compensation was denied with the explanation I'd first need to pay a yet outstanding future invoice to possibly get later an additional month added (otherwise the service would get cancelled).

Support-wise I am unfortunately neither too impressed as both times I contacted them (for the first two incidents) support appeared somewhat helpless overall. Response time was a bit sluggish (even the canned "We are looking into it" response took quite a bit) nor were the actual responses very satisfactory or left the impression of a profoundly professional attitude.

On a more positive side, the setup after ordering was instant and as long as the server is up and running it performs more or less okay so far.

Comments

• Hey Neroux,

Sorry to hear that. Could you email me at [email protected] so I can investigate in detail?

You can also reach me by calling our toll free #: 866-285-4385

I will be on and off today because of the Veterans Day holiday, but I will be sure to get back to you as fast as possible! Looking forward to hearing from you :).

• I am using two VPS and one shared hosting from WLS for almost 4 months by now. And so far the support has been very good for me. Promptly responded. Yes there were short outage for some time last month, but they frankly explained the reason of the problematic node. I really like WLS service to date.

• nerouxneroux Member
    edited November 2013

@N_Serian said:
    Hey Neroux,

Sorry to hear that. Could you email me at [email protected] so I can investigate in detail?

You can also reach me by calling our toll free #: 866-285-4385

I will be on and off today because of the Veterans Day holiday, but I will be sure to get back to you as fast as possible! Looking forward to hearing from you :).

I sent you the ticket via PM, however given I was already in contact with management (Mr. Boswell) please permit me to have lowered expectations ;)

@ironhide said:
    I am using two VPS and one shared hosting from WLS for almost 4 months by now. And so far the support has been very good for me. Promptly responded. Yes there were short outage for some time last month, but they frankly explained the reason of the problematic node. I really like WLS service to date.

Unfortunately not my experience .....

• Quick follow-up, @n_serian provided a generous compensation.

While I naturally appreciate this gesture I still regret that often such "negative" measures are necessary to get some (re)action from a company.

I'd like to stress again that I appreciate N. Serian's effort now in this case and will check out whether the communication respectively the service availability improves in the near future. If so I will update the thread respectively, maybe it was just a temporary glitch and bad timing with my signup after all.

• I will chime in and say I had good service for a few months after sign up, then went to crap, I know @n_serian worked on a few tickets of mine. Then I worked with Chris most of the time, He moved me from CA to TX as he thought that would improve it but it continued to be bad. Total months of bad service was probably 2-3 months. Since September it again has been good(knock on wood). Chris did also offer me compensation in the form of free service. Granted he didn't apply it him self I actually had to follow up on the ticket from September to get it applied(did that a few days ago)

• evan1988evan1988 Member
    edited November 2013

I have 8 VPSs in all their locate node. sometimes my VPS was down or slow during rush hour, so I think they monitored service not well, I hope they improve the situation because I believe voted top 1 for them.