Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What specs do I need for WP with Openlitespeed?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What specs do I need for WP with Openlitespeed?

hanzenhanzen Member
edited April 2020 in General

Please tell me what VPS specs do I need for a single Wordpress Magazine Blog. I will be using openlitespeed with Cyberpanel. Keep in mind I am just starting a new site so at first there will be less visitors. I was wondering if 2GB Ram and 1 core processor will be enough for a long term (imagine the visitors increase to 100 per day [max]) or 4GB Ram and 2 core processor will be good. I just don't want to overspend. Any suggestions?

Comments

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

2GB will be more than enough to run one WordPress site. I have ran Openlitespeed and one WordPress site as a test on a 512MB RAM VPS, it worked without any issues.

You could even use shared hosting as it might work out cheaper in the long run if you don't have a lot of traffic, to begin with.

Thanked by 1hanzen
  • Agree with above. If you are just starting out and don’t want to overspend, go with a web hosting package (with a good provider) rather than a VPS. That way you can focus on building the site. the content, promoting it, etc. Once it gains traction and your hitting resources limits consistently, then move to a VPS.

• Also, if your moving to a VPS in the future personally I would go with someone who offers DirectAdmin over CyberPanel. Try BuyVM where you will get a full DirectAdmin licence and extras like Softaculous for free.

• If you don't want any control panel to manage your website. Then, 2 CPU core and 2GB RAM will be enough to run one WordPress site on the VPS server with Openlitespeed.

• First, try 2GB RAM. If it slow, upgrade to 4GB RAM.

• @vncoupon said:
    First, try 2GB RAM. If it slow, upgrade to 4GB RAM.

Is there any free site or software to add as many users as I want on my site to check if I does not become unresponsive ir slow down? Sort of DOS attack on my site.

• You should be fine with 2GB ram especially if you use OLS. If you have plenty of plugins, it is recommend to have 2 Cores.

• @hanzen said:

@vncoupon said:

Is there any free site or software to add as many users as I want on my site to check if I does not become unresponsive ir slow down? Sort of DOS attack on my site.

What about this?

• @hanzen I would seriously check with your provider before stress testing your vps server. You are sharing the metal server with other VPS clients - if you swamp the network connection with a flood, noone will be happy with you. Check with provider first.

Thanked by 1hanzen
  • @hanzen said:

@hanzen said:

@vncoupon said:

What about this?

Ah. Umm. Don't, unless you have written permission. That is a sure fire way to get terminated :(

As for OLS, it all depends on how many websites and how heavy you are going to make it. 512M-1G would be more than enough for most of the day to day usage :)

Thanked by 1hanzen
  • I have 1 vps from letbox with 2vcpu and 2gb ram , I install cyberpanel with open litespeed and had 2 WordPress site with several plugins (around 10 active on each sites) and it can handle around 5000-7000 pageviews/day and only use around 1,5GB of memory and sometimes when we use some plugins in wp-admin will use 100% CPU on one vcpu for 1-2 minutes but on average only use 20% CPU ... I just upgrade to 4GB of memory because I plan to add more sites and expect an increase in visitor on current sites...

Thanked by 2hanzen sentarum
  • I use cyberpanel (Openlitespeed) - 3 Wordpress sites with LSCache, 4GB memory, 2 cores is okay. Websites are using over 10 plugins, all are local directory websites having 50-500~ pages. CPU goes from 5% - 30%. Ram usage 33%. So 2gb ram 1 core is okay to start for 1 website.

Thanked by 1hanzen
  • My client's WP site which has more than 87k views in last 28 days flies after installing WP fastest cache. (The one with a cheetah picture).
    Previously i tried super cache, LS cache etc. The site was slow even after adding Bunnycdn. With with WP fastest cache+bunnycdn, the best performance for a local news site.
    Happy with the setup.

If your site is not expecting much visitors, you may not need the bunnycdn. Just use wp fastest cache plugin..