Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS Recommendation. Windows, Location Singapore.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS Recommendation. Windows, Location Singapore.

Hi There!
I need some recommendations for cheap windows VPS located in Singapore. Well, I'm gonna use it for watching a movie & stream it into my discord channel, it is kinda strange... I want to watch a movie with my friend using discord Go Live Feature so I need windows VPS and Singapore location.

Specification :
CPU Speed: 3Ghz++ ( I have used 2.7GHz before and it's laggy )

Well Budget only $5/m

Thank You!

Thanked by 1Ganonk

Comments

• Well, I've been looking into that but the specification is probably the same as the one I've been using before... ( from azure )

So far my choice is ExtraVM, the downside is only with their storage size.

• gagal pertamax

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@DianTama said:

Well, I've been looking into that but the specification is probably the same as the one I've been using before... ( from azure )

What specs do you need?

• @jbiloh said:

@DianTama said:

Well, I've been looking into that but the specification is probably the same as the one I've been using before... ( from azure )

What specs do you need?

Specification :

So far only this my concern. I need high CPU Clock because I've tested it with Xeon Platinum 8168 ( 2.7Ghz ) it still laggy for playing some movies.

and maybe SSD / HDD for >60GB because I'm gonna install windows 10 on that VPS.

• @DianTama said:

@jbiloh said:

@DianTama said:

What specs do you need?

Specification :

So far only this my concern. I need high CPU Clock because I've tested it with Xeon Platinum 8168 ( 2.7Ghz ) it still laggy for playing some movies.

and maybe SSD / HDD for >60GB because I'm gonna install windows 10 on that VPS.

Sorry for hijacking the topic, do you watch movies directly from remote desktop? How much are you paying for current vps that you own? Just asking.

• As far as I can tell from their post- it doesn't offer windows. @op wants windows

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@DianTama said:

Quite unlikely you will find one at $5/m. Windows 10 with streaming will take at least 2GB of RAM, and most likely only be smooth on 4GB. You might also need a dedicated CPU depends on your usage.

I am pretty sure Azure will be very expensive especially the bandwidth unless you got some credits somewhere. I would recommend raise it to $10+ and you will find something.

@Unbelievable said:

As far as I can tell from their post- it doesn't offer windows. @op wants windows

I reviewed the FAQ on their website and it says that all packages include Windows and didn't mention an extra charge.

• @jbiloh said:

@Unbelievable said:

As far as I can tell from their post- it doesn't offer windows. @op wants windows

I reviewed the FAQ on their website and it says that all packages include Windows and didn't mention an extra charge.

From their lowendbox post on the 27th "Debian, Ubuntu and all major distributions are available except Windows"

@Unbelievable said:

@jbiloh said:

@Unbelievable said:

From their lowendbox post on the 27th "Debian, Ubuntu and all major distributions are available except Windows"

Agreed seems in conflict doesn't it. That information was relayed by their staff, and so the staff of OVH said something different than the website. Perhaps in reality there is an extra charge for Windows even though the FAQ doesn't mention it.

• @FAT32 said:

@DianTama said:

Quite unlikely you will find one at $5/m. Windows 10 with streaming will take at least 2GB of RAM, and most likely only be smooth on 4GB. You might also need a dedicated CPU depends on your usage.

I am pretty sure Azure will be very expensive especially the bandwidth unless you got some credits somewhere. I would recommend raise it to $10+ and you will find something.

I got credit $150/month and I have test it even 8vcore 16gigs of azure couldn't handle it.

Also just an update I have found one from letbox and now I'm testing it. i hope its gonna suit my need even tho its not singapore/asia.

It seems like there must be a more efficient way to do what you want to do.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Seems odd, why not proxy or something instead of doing it on a VM? It will be expensive. And I'm out of stock in Singapore.

• @DianTama said:

@FAT32 said:

@DianTama said:

I got credit $150/month and I have test it even 8vcore 16gigs of azure couldn't handle it.

Also just an update I have found one from letbox and now I'm testing it. i hope its gonna suit my need even tho its not singapore/asia.

There is so much better way to do that, unless you do this for live video editing

• Holy crap, 8 cores and 16GB of RAM and you still can't stream video? What are you watching, 8K 60FPS cat videos :wink:?

• @jbiloh said:
    It seems like there must be a more efficient way to do what you want to do.

@MikeA said:
    Seems odd, why not proxy or something instead of doing it on a VM? It will be expensive. And I'm out of stock in Singapore.

@brian777 said:

@DianTama said:

@FAT32 said:

@DianTama said:

There is so much better way to do that, unless you do this for live video editing

@FlamesRunner said:
    Holy crap, 8 cores and 16GB of RAM and you still can't stream video? What are you watching, 8K 60FPS cat videos :wink:?

Yeah for nor I'm still looking for most efficient way to do this. meanwhile, I think I would try to use a dedicated server for this even tho it is not from Singapore/Asia I hope its enough. So far for Dedicated Server, I found 1 that still makes sense on my budget.