Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for cheap dedicated with KVM-over-IP for ESXi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for cheap dedicated with KVM-over-IP for ESXi

tjol5tjol5 Member
edited April 2020 in Requests

Looking for an unmanaged cheap dedicated server to play with KVM-over-IP for ESXi

I see a couple of providers around my budget (USD$25/month) using older 2009-era i3s/Xeon L55xx
And better options (eg E3 12xx v1/v2) for USD$35/month, willing to do annual commitment on a reputable provider

must-have
/29 ipv4 or better (at least 2 usable IPs needed for ESXi)
CPU supports ESXi x64, ideally at least 4 threads. raw performance isn't that important
4GB or better
500GB or more
Dedicated KVM-over-IP (it's fine if KVM-over-IP takes up one of the /29 ipv4 addresses). ideally not on-demand KVM-over-IP, but willing to see

nice-to-have
Bandwidth: 100mbps metered is fine, not planning to use much bandwidth
IPv6 optional

Comments

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

This seems like something a lot of providers could offer you.

Maybe try quadranet, colo@ or ColoCrossing.

If you want to contact ColoCrossing sales just send me a pm and I'll get you connected with someone.

Good luck in your search.

• I would recommend to stay away from Colocrossing or any company that is affiliated with them. May be @Clouvider can help you with good support. If you can manage it yourself and want a cheaper one maybe @Ikoula or Hetzner/OVH would be okay

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hi @Sweatbar, thanks for the notification ! @tjol5, please feel free to contact our teams : [email protected], they would be more than happy to help you and give you some advices ! Best regards,

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@sweatbar said:
    May be @Clouvider can help you with good support.

Thanks for the mention.

tjol5 said: Dedicated KVM-over-IP (it's fine if KVM-over-IP takes up one of the /29 ipv4 addresses). ideally not on-demand KVM-over-IP, but willing to see

We can provide free VPN secured IPMI access to most of our services on request, once implemented its available for 24/7 use.

You'd likely need to raise your budget slightly for us to be able to offer you something that fits your requirements but please do check our dedicated server sale page and see if anything fits.

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

OneProvider has various low-budget options.

For example the Xeon E3-1230 v2 offer in Paris (Online.net) might fit your needs.

Xeon E3-1230 v2
    3.3 GHz 4 cores
    16 GB DDR3 RAM
    2× 1 TB HDD with HW RAID
    ESXi One-Click setup
    Only 22 €/month, no setup fee
    Discounts on longer commitments
    1 IP included, additional 1 IP 2.50€, 4 IPs 10€
    Free IPMI (instant automated on demand access in control panel)

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

We're running some specials that would fit your requirements. We provide IPMI upon request. Link in signature.

• SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Host Rep

Hello,

We can do $35 per month if annual commit for the following:

Intel Xeon E3-1240v1
    16GB DDR3 RAM
    1TB Hard Drive
    /29 IPv4 VLAN
    10TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps Port
    Control Panel (OS reloads, bandwidth monitoring, and more)
    Dallas, TX, USA
    KVM Over IP Included (internal IP)

Let me know if interested, the monthly rate for this is $45, and the semi-annual rate is $40.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

@SSDBlaze said:
    Hello,

We can do $35 per month if annual commit for the following:

Intel Xeon E3-1240v1
    16GB DDR3 RAM
    1TB Hard Drive
    /29 IPv4 VLAN
    10TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps Port
    Control Panel (OS reloads, bandwidth monitoring, and more)
    Dallas, TX, USA
    KVM Over IP Included (internal IP)

Let me know if interested, the monthly rate for this is $45, and the semi-annual rate is $40.

Nice deal. That's a good price for that package.

• t0mmyt0mmy Member

just some thoughts here: (its late and some beer here ;) )

ESXI is nice i used it myself and it can be done with only 1 IPv4 (did myself) need pfsense as "router VM" and need to config port forwarding before u switch the IP to pfsense and remove it from ESXI management interface, if something is setup wrong nothing work and ur locked yourself out

other method is to use IPv6 to connect to the ESXI (i used some time ago on hetzner i think) ipv6 is free and u can try if IPv6 works to connect with vSphere Client and change IPv4 AFTER successful connected over IPv6

check out https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/dedicated-servers/ for cheap dedis with big HDD like 2x2TB with old CPU for 25$ (using myself a special offer there with 8TB for 25$(not available at the moment))

• @1gservers said:
    We're running some specials that would fit your requirements. We provide IPMI upon request. Link in signature.

BGP session supported?

• 1gservers1gservers Member, Patron Provider

@BetaRacks said:

@1gservers said:

BGP session supported?

Yes. We support BGP for $15/mo and send you a default route, and announce your IP space for you.