Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Low Scam Box Makes Me Sad (and Cost Me Money)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Low Scam Box Makes Me Sad (and Cost Me Money)

I'm sick of Low End (Scam) box advertising and potentially collaborating with the scam artists that rip the community off. I used to think this site was awesome but now... well... After getting fscked out of a lot of money from "advertisers" or what not, I don't touch it.
Sad. Used to be cool. Now is all about ripping people off and finally a pathetic attempt to save face when they could have vetted offers all along. how convenient. Everybody loves a buck.

How many seconds do you think this post will last before being censored by the LEB gestapo?
whatever. Peace.

Does/Did LEB Knowingly Promote Scams?
  1. YES32 votes
    1. Not Sure
      31.25%
    2. Well, they looked the other way but oh well
      68.75%

[signature exceeds limit]

«13

Comments

  • SparkVPS, yo!!! "We love it" --- but it's run by the same scam crew that posts 20+ other ads on our site that we also love!

    [signature exceeds limit]

  • congrats on your first post?!

    the stench of zeitgeist

  • @hyperblast said:
    congrats on your first post?!

    Gracias! Lurked for years but yes this is the first time I've wasted the time to post. Cheers!

    [signature exceeds limit]

  • jonesolutionsjonesolutions Member
    edited April 2020

    Sorry to hear your bad experience but I'm eager to know as to what happened :)

  • @jonesolutions said:
    Sorry to hear your bad experience but I eager to know as to what happened :)

    Would be glad to share... Long story short... bought a lot of capacity from sparkvps.com via lowEndbox "exclusive deals" only to have them shut down shortly after and run with the money -- never got a refund and they same company was running 20+ other scam companies - many of which were also "great deals" featured on LEB. --- I loved the site and regularly used it -- but now I don't trust a damn thing. -- Happy to provide proof to demonstrate this isn't slander and that I have the facts to back it up.... but i really liked LEB. Sad scammers have ruined it for all

    Thanked by 2jonesolutions truweb

    [signature exceeds limit]

  • TravTrav Member

    Cool story, bro

    Thanked by 1lowscamboxsad
  • @Trav said:
    Cool story, bro

    Thanks, bro! Ever get fucked out of money? Cool story bro!

    [signature exceeds limit]

  • @lowscamboxsad said:

    @Trav said:
    Cool story, bro

    Thanks, bro! Ever get fucked out of money? Cool story bro!

    BTW, @Trav -- You're op hasn't done anything sketchy on LEB/LET, right? Just take a look at your past posts and you'll see what I'm inquiring about. Now THAT is a cool story, BRO!

    [signature exceeds limit]

  • NeoonNeoon Member

    NanoKVM | Free NAT KVM | Apply here

  • @Neoon said:
    @lowscamboxsad WSS?

    Reality sucks. Nobody want's to talk about reality. Everyone who fell for the 20+ scam fronts including sparkvps doesn't want to admit they got duped. That's why I'm here.
    Yeah. Bummer. Downer. That I am. But It is what it is. When the "deal" requires a year pre-payment - moral of the story.... well, ---- run, Forrest, run!!!!

    So there it is, yo.

    [signature exceeds limit]

  • BlaZeBlaZe Member, Provider

    @jbiloh its time for the 2nd coming of LEBChrist and cleanse the site with scammy hosts.

    Thanked by 2randvegeta truweb

    Artnet - Poland (Gdańsk) based instant setup express dedicated servers & cloud VPS
    ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations! - Compile.sh DOMAIN FOR SALE!

  • Who am I? I'm a nobody. I don't work in the hosting industry, and I have a few clients that host crappy local websites for things like dental offices etc. Sorry to disappoint -- but wanted to go on the record. But @jbiloh @BlaZe YES IT IS TIME! THANK YOU!

    [signature exceeds limit]

  • @lowscamboxsad said:

    @jonesolutions said:
    Sorry to hear your bad experience but I eager to know as to what happened :)

    Would be glad to share... Long story short... bought a lot of capacity from sparkvps.com via lowEndbox "exclusive deals" only to have them shut down shortly after and run with the money -- never got a refund and they same company was running 20+ other scam companies - many of which were also "great deals" featured on LEB. --- I loved the site and regularly used it -- but now I don't trust a damn thing. -- Happy to provide proof to demonstrate this isn't slander and that I have the facts to back it up.... but i really liked LEB. Sad scammers have ruined it for all

    What were some of the deals?
    So, we know what not to buy.

  • One moment while I see if LowEndBox Hasn't deleted the pages -- will post links here if they're still up, otherwise will link to LEB forum threads --- PLEASE STAND BY.

    [signature exceeds limit]

  • @lowscamboxsad said:
    One moment while I see if LowEndBox Hasn't deleted the pages -- will post links here if they're still up, otherwise will link to LEB forum threads --- PLEASE STAND BY.

    I'm pretty sure that the historical record has been erased

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • @angstrom said:

    @lowscamboxsad said:
    One moment while I see if LowEndBox Hasn't deleted the pages -- will post links here if they're still up, otherwise will link to LEB forum threads --- PLEASE STAND BY.

    I'm pretty sure that the historical record has been erased

    Surprisingly, I was able to find some of the links -- I was shocked to be honest. Thought LEB would have deleted em all for sure

    [signature exceeds limit]

  • I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

  • @lowscamboxsad said:

    @angstrom said:

    @lowscamboxsad said:
    One moment while I see if LowEndBox Hasn't deleted the pages -- will post links here if they're still up, otherwise will link to LEB forum threads --- PLEASE STAND BY.

    I'm pretty sure that the historical record has been erased

    Surprisingly, I was able to find some of the links -- I was shocked to be honest. Thought LEB would have deleted em all for sure

    They may now to decide to delete those links

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • lowscamboxsad said: Lurked for years

    Yet still bought from a LEB offer - there's no tellin' some folks!

    Then=sequence/consequence; than=compare || Brought=bring; bought=buy || Paid=NotSkint; payed=some naval thing || Staff=group of workers; Staffs=bunch of sticks || Stuff=things; stuffs=to force in.

  • LeeLee Member
    edited April 2020

    AlwaysSkint said: Yet still bought from a LEB offer - there's no tellin' some folks!

    This ^^ those of us that have been around for long enough need to stop wasting energy and simply let people on here learn their own lesson that buying from LEB is a not a risk worth taking.

  • Being featured on LEB means you'll get 99% problematic clients who don't have common sense to avoid that site.

  • need fully managed gameserver up to 20 ok

    the Amitz.party lives on!

  • uptime said: need fully managed gameserver up to 20 ok

    PHP SELEKTOR OK?

    Thanked by 1uptime
  • @uptime said:
    need fully managed gameserver up to 20 ok

    Need selektor ?

    Thanked by 1uptime

    If you want access to a system all you have to do is ask - Kevin Mitnick

  • @webclouddev said:

    @uptime said:
    need fully managed gameserver up to 20 ok

    Need selektor ?

    Off topic.

    Spamer!

    the Amitz.party lives on!

  • @uptime said:

    @webclouddev said:

    @uptime said:
    need fully managed gameserver up to 20 ok

    Need selektor ?

    Off topic.

    Spamer!

    Congrats on your 4635th comment

    Thanked by 1uptime

    "Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

  • r u provider???

    SCAM!

    Thanked by 1angstrom

    the Amitz.party lives on!

  • hostworldhostworld Member, Provider
    edited April 2020

    It annoys me when I read of web hosts doing this. A good proportion of web hosts who advertise on LEB are genuine and would go above and beyond for their customers, and aren’t a here one minute and gone the next host. It wasn’t just LEB users affected though, there was a lengthy thread on WHT about it too and several from there had also been affected.

    Any way to get your money back through the dispute process or not likely?

    hostworld.uk - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, NVMe SSD VPS, Dedicated Servers & Domains. UK & US data centres & 24/7 UK support.

  • @hostworld said:
    It annoys me when I read of web hosts doing this. A good proportion of web hosts who advertise on LEB are genuine and would go above and beyond for their customers, and aren’t a here one minute and gone the next host. It wasn’t just LEB users affected though, there was a lengthy thread on WHT about it too and several from there had also been affected.

    Any way to get your money back through the dispute process or not likely?

    This was a host advertised in 2019. Here's a list of hosts that advertised on LEB in 2019. The red ones have deadpooled, the yellow ones are CC-based on CC brands. The green ones are (as far as I can see) not directly related to CC.

    This is however an old image. There is evidence linking 81vps, pdqserver and windowsvps together.

    Thanked by 3uptime truweb coreflux

    I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

Sign In or Register to comment.