Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for a cheap to free VPS for just building my Android ROM.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Searching for a cheap to free VPS for just building my Android ROM.

I am working on an Opensource Android ROM, Here is the source take a look: https://github.com/ProjectSakura

So I was using AWS and GCP trials up till now to just somehow keep working. But right now i ran out of all physical and virtual cards for more trials. So if anyone knows any really cheap VPS ( or free .. i know i m being a dick) please tell me.
Requirements will be around 4-8 cores of CPU,
around 4-8 GB of RAM, around 400GB of HDD and a internet connection that can sync up whole android 10 source. I will be doing the editing locally so i just need a VPS to build.

Comments

• danielhmdanielhm Member
    edited April 2020

Alibaba Cloud? DigitalOcean? Azure? Scaleway?

There are tons of cloud providers that should tide you over for another year or so for a free VPS.

• Best bet is hourly billed vps. Check lunanode.com. Load your wallet, choose the specs you need, create the vps, get billed hourly and destroy the vps after usage.

Thanked by 1LordShen
  • @LordShen said:
    I am working on an Opensource Android ROM, Here is the source take a look: https://github.com/ProjectSakura

So I was using AWS and GCP trials up till now to just somehow keep working. But right now i ran out of all physical and virtual cards for more trials. So if anyone knows any really cheap VPS ( or free .. i know i m being a dick) please tell me.
    around 4-8 GB of RAM, around 400GB of HDD and a internet connection that can sync up whole android 10 source. I will be doing the editing locally so i just need a VPS to build.

How much space does the source really need? Perhaps you could check if Oracle's free cloud can be used. With only 1 core and 1GB of RAM, the build process will be much slower but still doable, right?

• A hourly cloud. +1 Vultr

• AndruAndru Member
    edited April 2020

A + for me to Vultr for this kind of actions, $0.2/hour on bare metal do this kind of jobs quick.

• @danielhm said:
    Alibaba Cloud? DigitalOcean? Azure? Scaleway?

There are tons of cloud providers that should tide you over for another year or so for a free VPS.

Actually alibaba's specifications are quite lower.. i had an azure student account way back tho. Digital Ocean is used up to with github's student pack. Let me check scaleway.

• @chihcherng said:

@LordShen said:

How much space does the source really need? Perhaps you could check if Oracle's free cloud can be used. With only 1 core and 1GB of RAM, the build process will be much slower but still doable, right?

Android 10 takes up around 30GB with compiled files. So Oracle's free cloud isn't going to work.

• @vncoupon said:
    A hourly cloud. +1 Vultr

@zuby2402 said:
    A + for me to Vultr for this kind of actions, $0.2/hour on bare metal do this kind of jobs quick.

Let me check Vultr

• StackNetworkStackNetwork Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2020

@LordShen We would like to sponsor your open source project, simply send me a PM.

• danielhmdanielhm Member
    edited April 2020

Actually alibaba's specifications are quite lower.. i had an azure student account way back tho. Digital Ocean is used up to with github's student pack. Let me check scaleway.

Azure is giving a ton of free credit to new users, apply to their startup programme too. Digital Ocean is giving $100 for the first 60 days. If you're signing up for free trials then you won't have an issue. Do the YC startup course and you can get tons of credit.

• @danielhm said:

Azure is giving a ton of free credit to new users, apply to their startup programme too. Digital Ocean is giving $100 for the first 60 days. If you're signing up for free trials then you won't have an issue. Do the YC startup course and you can get tons of credit.

Thanks for the help but StackNetwork already sponsored my project now :)

• @EvolutionHost also offers free vps