Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IS hostsolutions.ro down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IS hostsolutions.ro down?

SkuraSkura Member

From yesterday my VPS 1TB storage is down.
@cociu I opened a ticket. not respond yet.
Anyone know something?

thanks

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

Your VPS has been tested positive for Covid-19 and is currently being treated.

• Their site is not down for sure. How long did you last open the ticket?

• LeeLee Veteran

jonesolutions said: Their site is not down for sure. How long did you last open the ticket?

You must be new.

• Skura said: Anyone know something?

Hello and welcome to LowEndSupport!

Could you please reply to your ticket? We can't find it.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

What again? We aren't HostSolutions Support Desk :joy:

Thanked by 2yongsiklee noirorion
  • Hostsolutions is not down. Their uptime is just not for you.

End of the topic.

Thanked by 3uptime ofit yongsiklee
  • LeeLee Veteran

Jord said: We aren't HostSolutions Support Desk

To be fair, LET is probably a better, more efficient helpdesk than they have.

Thanked by 1yongsiklee
  • SkuraSkura Member

They not response to the ticket yet. and they at this forum as sometimes publish here kind of that thread

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@Lee said:

It is at least far more responsive and often actually more informative.
    Without this I didn't know before that the choice of BBR TCP congestion control algorithm can increase throughput by 30x on lossy links compared to default cubic.

However the actual task of fixing something still relies on them.

So in this case it is probably "only" a hardware, power or network failure of on particular server or maybe rack.

I did not notice any further issues on my dedi, "only" the constant packet loss (current avg. throughput is 3 Mbps with default Cubic TCP CC).

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

@Lee said:

Jord said: We aren't HostSolutions Support Desk

Very true...

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Skura said:
    They not response to the ticket yet. and they at this forum as sometimes publish here kind of that thread

Hello,

All tickets, unless flagged to Marius or Adrian, are answered.
    PM me the ticket ID tho.

Thanked by 3Skura skorous netomx
  • To be fair, LET is probably a better, more efficient helpdesk than they have.

Rofl, again.

• his sister will answer your ticket next week.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@vbloods said:
    his sister will answer your ticket next week.

Leave @MikePT alone!

Francisco

• edoarudo5edoarudo5 Member
    edited April 2020

Sad to leave this host... I will come back once they resolve their network issues. I don't mind the support, but when the network is also bad, there's no reason to stay anymore. :( I have a 15 euro dedi (it's normally 29 euros) server from them if anyone's interested before it expires. Used to have 100 Mbps upload, now it doesn't even reach 1 Mbps.

• In Romania is declared a national emergency status, because of Covid 19. I guess this may also have an impact to workers in datacenters and networks.

edited April 2020

@edoarudo5 said:
    Sad to leave this host. [..] I have a 15 euro dedi [...] Used to have 100 Mbps upload, now it doesn't even reach 1 Mbps.

Sounds familiar to me.. Pobably they put all those low end dedis into the same rack whose uplink(s), switch whatever is broken resulting in constant packet loss since quite a time.
    I still hope the good old days will come back. :)

@default said:
    In Romania is declared a national emergency status [...]

In case they had to shutdown their regular work or cetain tasks, a little notice would be kind. Of course also if not, like sent out by many other companies to inform their customers about what's going on.

AFAIK as of today only some parts in North-Eastern Romania are locked down which should be far away enough.

Who knows, maybe instead of perfume they are now mixing sanitizer. :)

Of course wishing the best to all of us and our families.

• @dfroe said:
    Of course wishing the best to all of us and our families.

This is a great moment to spend time with family and loved ones, and stay safe. There will be plenty of time for work after all this man-made catastrophe is over.

Thanked by 1that_guy
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Francisco said:

@vbloods said:
    his sister will answer your ticket next week.

Leave @MikePT alone!

Francisco

Bad bad sister!

• All mine are up, 4x nodes.

• SkuraSkura Member

Please close this theread

• Maybe only post a thread when they are up, saves a lot of effort! :blush:

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • hostsolutions.ro down again :'(

• @Oiko2019 said:
    hostsolutions.ro down again :'(

Works fine here.

Thanked by 2skorous Oiko2019

For me it looks like they could finally find some kind of root cause of their messy network.
    During the last days their network has been nearly perfect for me; most of the times. Last Saturday and Wednesday I noticed poor connectivity but on every other day the network was perfect. Definitely much better than before and pretty usuable now for non-critical use cases.

See below for a SmokePing graph to Google DNS. It looks nearly the same for other destinations. Looks like it was worth waiting.

SmokePing

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@dfroe said:
    For me it looks like they could finally find some kind of root cause of their messy network.
    During the last days their network has been nearly perfect for me; most of the times. Last Saturday and Wednesday I noticed poor connectivity but on every other day the network was perfect. Definitely much better than before and pretty usuable now for non-critical use cases.

See below for a SmokePing graph to Google DNS. It looks nearly the same for other destinations. Looks like it was worth waiting.

SmokePing

Nice to see it has improved.
    A few months back, Network was not the only issue, Power was also one of them.

@Neoon said:
    A few months back, Network was not the only issue, Power was also one of them.

That's right, but from my experience the power issues have been solved sometime back in 2019. At least for me (my rack) power wasn't an issue during the last months.
    But no doubt about it, these improvements have been absolutely necessary. Great to see them now.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

FWIW: I just successfully SSHd to my storage VPS (45.14.x.x) and speed was well within the normal range.

• Maybe someone could write a bot where it would scan the post and try to ping the service. Then if it's down, post a comment saying. "Yup, the end is nigh" so we can all go our separate ways.

• ElmoElmo Member

I've lost connection to my storage VPS since last night (April 23rd, 22:35 UTC). It's been down since (the time now is April 24th, 08:50 UTC).
    I use it for nightly backups so now I need to manually point the backup routine (quite a few servers) to a different host and start the backup.