Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server4you.com issues
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server4you.com issues

The customer service stinks and their employees are not trained to deal with network issues. They are waste of time and do not get account with them.

This is will show what I am dealing with:

https://pastebin.com/JbGHrxH6

Comments

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@ptaylor2 said: The customer service stinks and their employees are not trained to deal with network issues. They are waste of time and do not get account with them.

Congrats on your first post

So you say that there's a network issue and they say that there isn't? What you pasted requires some effort to follow

Not sure that anyone here uses SERVER4YOU

• pikepike Veteran

I used server4you and I also know some people working in their office in Hürth. They're a serious company.
    From what I can see in the e-mails OP posted he was asked to provide MTR for a 15 minute period so they can look into the cause for his issue.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • debaserdebaser Member
    edited April 2020

@angstrom said:

Not sure that anyone here uses SERVER4YOU

I've used them in the past. Never had any real issues with them, performance wise you can do better but their network (at least in Europe) was always solid for me. Their first line support agents aren't always the best, but the small problems I've encountered were solved quickly.

I wouldn't return to them, but as @pike says: they're a serious company.

Thanked by 1angstrom

@pike said:
    I used server4you and I also know some people working in their office in Hürth. They're a serious company.
    From what I can see in the e-mails OP posted he was asked to provide MTR for a 15 minute period so they can look into the cause for his issue.

Yeah, I also saw that the OP was asked for a 15-min MTR, but I didn't really have the patience to decipher further ...

I can't decide whether this is one of those hit-and-run threads, or whether the OP is legit and will say more

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited April 2020

@ptaylor2

Is it too hard to be nice and professional when you speak with people?

As they say, you catch more flies with honey.

to qm
    Now for the second time your company was in the wrong for not contacting your per customer level3.net about the network issue I was having connecting to the server located in st.louis, mo. This shows that your unable to do you job the correct way.

Cox.Net my ISP has informed me that they saw a issue t level3.net so you wrong again. When are you going to start doing your job the correct way.

Just to put in perspective, there's so many things that can go wrong with single location trace/mtr, here is a trace from NYC to Germany.

Tracing route to <redacted>
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.0.1
      2     9 ms     4 ms     5 ms  <redacted>

Trace complete.

And MTR:

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
    |                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
    |                       Host                   -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
    |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
    |                             192.168.0.1 -    1 |  133 |  132 |    0 |    1 |    9 |    0 |
    |                              <redacted> -    1 |  133 |  132 |    2 |    8 |   34 |    2 |
    |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
       WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

It is really hard to diagnose properly, without multiple point of data.

Thanked by 3angstrom lentro dfroe
  • imokimok Member

We require, and this is not negotiable, an MTR from the target and source for at least 15 minutes at the time of the disruption.

Sends 18 hours.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @seriesn said:
    @ptaylor2

I wish that were true. Unfortunately, there are situations where "asshole mode" works better (eg, they dropped the ball big time and need to make it right like yesterday), but NOT WHEN YOU NEED TO WORK TOGETHER, providing test results and needing to formulate debugging and troubleshooting. It's like telling your doctor, "Jesus doc, I told you my stomach hurt and you still haven't fixed me yet!". In those cases, the more you can provide without being asked is the ideal client.

The op never included the original post that he opened his ticket with. If someone does a one liner ticket without providing useful, actionable information, then its going to get into a shitty back and forth time consuming and frustrating experience like this. Also, if they feel like they provided lots of useful data that took them a while to produce and the ticket took a while to respond or the tech asks redundant questions, a person might lose their shit thinking they are dealing with lazy or incompetence. In this case, its a simple case of "problem not reproduced, need more data".

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • @TimboJones said:

@seriesn said:
    @ptaylor2

I wish that were true. Unfortunately, there are situations where "asshole mode" works better (eg, they dropped the ball big time and need to make it right like yesterday), but NOT WHEN YOU NEED TO WORK TOGETHER, providing test results and needing to formulate debugging and troubleshooting. It's like telling your doctor, "Jesus doc, I told you my stomach hurt and you still haven't fixed me yet!". In those cases, the more you can provide without being asked is the ideal client.

The op never included the original post that he opened his ticket with. If someone does a one liner ticket without providing useful, actionable information, then its going to get into a shitty back and forth time consuming and frustrating experience like this. Also, if they feel like they provided lots of useful data that took them a while to produce and the ticket took a while to respond or the tech asks redundant questions, a person might lose their shit thinking they are dealing with lazy or incompetence. In this case, its a simple case of "problem not reproduced, need more data".

I see your point. I agree at times it is easy to lose calm. Now if the end result is, One have made up their mind and ready to end relationship, dick mode is one of the few ways to go (not my style though).

But if the end goal is, hey guys let’s fix this so we can continue to work together or hey guys, it might not work for us right now, but I want to come back down the road, being nice and ending things nicely only makes sense.

I mean, everyone is a human after all :). I am pretty sure, when things get frustrating, there is an escalation path (we see it on the ticket above), where someone on the higher up with much better customer service skill steps in to help. I mean you get the point.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • jonesolutionsjonesolutions Member
    edited April 2020

I can't tell which one is at fault since the screenshot is not telling us the whole story but quoting this:

When are you going to start doing your job the correct way.

can trigger the tech anger :)

There are bad techs and there are just humans too. I just experienced 11 days of delay lately just to rack some 8 servers and it is disappointing and there are also stupid DC tech that forgot to even plug in the network cable. Crazy....

So, it's a give and take situations.....

Something tells me that this is a hit-and-run thread and that the OP won't be back to clarify anything

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@angstrom said:
    Something tells me that this is a hit-and-run thread and that the OP won't be back to clarify anything

PMS will lead him back.

• It seems a new user can open a thread but the profile counter "visits" still shows 0.