Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pfSense on VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

pfSense on VPS

Hi,
I'd like to have a VPS with pfSense but pfSense it's not offered as image (I can choose the standard CentOS, Debian, FreeBSD, OpenSuse, Ubuntu), no option to mount a recovery media.

I've tried following this guide (that I've tested and was working on another VPS of another provider) but mfsbsd it's unable to complete boot, probably due to some UEFI settings that I cannot change.
I've already tried 11.3,12.0, 12.1 but without success.

Maybe it's possible to do the same with a FreeBSD image that maybe already load a different hardware configuration? I'm not an expert of BSD, but there is no grub there..

Do you know if there could be another way to do it? Or if there is any sort of "webinterface" that I can install on a standard Linux distribution to manage routing/firewall/OpenVPN?

Thanks!

Comments

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider

shorewall
    IPCop

• YKMYKM Member

Try opnsense better than pfsense imo

• Maybe softther VPN is a choice
    It supports linking through OpenVPN
    Alternatively, you can choose openwrt

• SoftEther VPN looks really interesting.. I'll have a look!

• hostworldhostworld Member, Host Rep

+1 for SoftEther VPN. Had a play around with it in the past for testing purposes, works well.

• @Gabri_91 said:
    Hi,
    I'd like to have a VPS with pfSense but pfSense it's not offered as image (I can choose the standard CentOS, Debian, FreeBSD, OpenSuse, Ubuntu), no option to mount a recovery media.

I've tried following this guide (that I've tested and was working on another VPS of another provider) but mfsbsd it's unable to complete boot, probably due to some UEFI settings that I cannot change.
    I've already tried 11.3,12.0, 12.1 but without success.

Maybe it's possible to do the same with a FreeBSD image that maybe already load a different hardware configuration? I'm not an expert of BSD, but there is no grub there..

Do you know if there could be another way to do it? Or if there is any sort of "webinterface" that I can install on a standard Linux distribution to manage routing/firewall/OpenVPN?

Thanks!

We have a lot CTO-made pfSense VMs assigned to our Cloud VPS Cluster.
    Per request, our support staff will assign psSense, ZeroShell, Mikrotik .iso or...whatever to your existing VM. Boot from this .iso, build your VM as you like.

The prices are the same as Linux VMs.
    Cheers!