Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Evorack now accepting payments via Google Checkout
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Evorack now accepting payments via Google Checkout

edited February 2012 in Providers

Hello Everyone!

Just to let you all know, Evorack is pleased to now be abe to accept payments via Google Checkout.

We understand that some customers prefer to use Google Checkout rather than other methods

Remember, we still have our offer running here:

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/evorack-2-49-128mb-xen-vps-in-uk-3/

Happy LEBin'!

Cheers

Jonny

Thanked by 1Asim

Comments

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Jonny_Evorack said: Evorack is pleased to now be abe to accept payments via Google Checkout.

Transactions involving digital goods may not be covered under Google Checkout's Payment Guarantee policy, see https://support.google.com/checkout/sell/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=42863

From GC:

Note that our policy doesn't cover:

• Intangible goods, such as services and digital content.
    • Chargebacks resulting from claims of defective merchandise or items not as described, credit for cancelled or returned orders, or duplicate billing.

The GC is sucks with intangible goods, I have experienced the issues with them in past.

• @WebProject said: The GC is sucks with intangible goods, I have experienced the issues with them in past.

As does paypal. paypal offers no protection unless you are using ebay

• @WebProject, PayPal's Seller Protection Policy doesn't seem to cover Intangible goods as well. This is why we also run additional fraud checks via the ordering system before accepting the order.

But we shall see how this plays out in time :)

• Good luck with that... Google Checkout makes PayPal seem like a gift from heaven.

• @subigo Any particular reason why? We've literally only just started offering this as a payment option and so far have no problems. But it's only been 3 days :)

We're just trying to make it as easy for the customer as possible, as PayPal isn't available in some countries.

• Reason #1: Have you ever had to contact Google for support on any of their services? If so, you'd know that it's nearly impossible to get support at all. Want to talk to them on the phone? Not going to happen. If something goes wrong, you're screwed. It can literally take them months to get back to you.

Reason #2: See reason #1.

• @subigo said: If so, you'd know that it's nearly impossible to get support at all.

That's not true. Google has outstanding support and is incredibly quick to address issues. That is, as long as you're not a paying Apps customer.

• @Aldryic said: That's not true. Google has outstanding support and is incredibly quick to address issues. That is, as long as you're not a paying Apps customer.

I think you forgot your "/sarcasm" tag. Either that, or we are talking about two different "Google's" here.

• edited February 2012

@subigo I am not disbelieving you that you have had bad support from Google. My personal experiences with their support, while little, has been quite positive. I've even received a phone call from them before, from their side :)

Of course, as mentioned above, no real experience with support regarding Google Checkout...

• @subigo - Read the last line.

• @Aldryic said: Read the last line.

Yeah, I must have overlooked that after I started to rage from seeing the words "Google has outstanding support".

@Jonny_Evorack

Back in early 2007 I used Google Checkout for a PR company. I was doing about $1-2k a month with them and everything was fine until I switched banks and needed to change my account information that GC had on file. I went through the account change process and everything seemed fine. I removed the old account and went on with my life. About a week later I get an email from GC saying my deposits weren't going through. I emailed GC, I tried to get a number, I posted on their forums... no response.

So I go to my bank and ask them what the problem could be. The only thing they see is the test deposit that Google does to verify an account. There were no failed deposits that they rejected.

At this point I stop accepting GC, because I have about $500 in there that can't be deposited into my bank account. And finally it hits me to call my old bank... sure enough, Google was trying to deposit my money into the old bank account that was closed out.

I go back into my GC account and try to add/remove the old account again, but it gives me some generic error and tells me to contact support. So I do. Again. And once again, I never hear back from them.

So I close out my GC account and send them one final, bitchy email. And then about three months later I checked my mailbox and found a check for what Google owed me in there. So I did finally get paid, but not once during the entire ordeal did I ever get a response from an employee at Google. Not once.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@DanielM said: As does paypal. paypal offers no protection unless you are using ebay

you are right.

@subigo said: Google has outstanding support and is incredibly quick to address issues.

the support reply one email per 24 hours - it's very slow support.

• Maybe in the past 5 years (since 2007) they've improved their support?

We've only had support issues with Checkout and Adwords. Checkout had good support, Adwords was too MUCH support. When we first started using Adwords, they called me twice a day for the first couple of days, asking how my campaign was doing.

• I use GC with many providers and I, as a customer, never have issues with it.

Popular VPS providers are using GC so I doubt there are issues now

• Agreed with @Asim

I prefer it over Paypal, like I've said before, I avoid Paypal like the plague.