Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Upcoming interview series
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Upcoming interview series

jbilohjbiloh Administrator
edited March 29 in General

Hi everyone,

As part of our efforts to enhance the quality of content being posted on Low End Box I have created a number of new iniaitives, such as polls, opinion editorials, the return of tutorials and lastly, interviews with people in the hosting industry. The goal is to publish at least one q/a session each month. The format is easy, about ten questions.

Are there any hosting providers around that would be interested in participating? Each interview published on Low End Box will include only one host at a time so it's also a nice little pr opportunity for hosts. The only requirement is that you are able to write English well enough where the content of your answers does not need to be reworked prior to publishing. Whether you are a sole proprietor, or an owner/executive of a bigger hosting company, you're eligible to take part in this.

If you're interested post here and then we'll connect via DM.

Looking forward to it!

Thanks everyone

Jon Biloh
«1

Comments

  • This looks interesting! Looking forward to this. [Not a host]

    Web Design Agency - Custom Web Designs
    Blog - about Web Design, UX, UI and Front End Development.

  • NyrNyr Member

    Sadly some of the most interesting hosts (those who started here or had a significant presence and became successful) will not be willing to participate.

    BuyVM, RamNode, Inception Hosting, HostUS, HostHatch, Secure Dragon, Iniz, Dediserve...

    The 1 per month target seems a bit ambitious, but good luck.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @Nyr said:
    Sadly some of the most interesting hosts (those who started here or had a significant presence and became successful) will not be willing to participate.

    BuyVM, RamNode, Inception Hosting, HostUS, HostHatch, Secure Dragon, Iniz, Dediserve...

    The 1 per month target seems a bit ambitious, but good luck.

    Patience and perserverence my friend. I bet some of those names will participate. And if not, it'll be their opportunity lost.

    Thanked by 1dedipromo
    Jon Biloh
  • estnocestnoc Member, Provider

    This sounds good. would be interested in it :)

    EstNOC.ee - Hosting and DataCentre services in 35 EU/ASIA/USA locations.

  • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Provider

    I think it is a good idea

  • seriesnseriesn Member, Provider
  • UnbelievableUnbelievable Member
    edited March 29

    Maybe interview Chris?

    Thanked by 1SCAM_DONT_BUY

    Nothing profound to say, so I'm on LET.

  • teamaccteamacc Member

    @Unbelievable said:
    Maybe interview Chris?

    Fabozzi or Niedojadlo

    I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

  • Both? Or maybe a legends of the past series with Johnny?

    Nothing profound to say, so I'm on LET.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @estnoc said:
    This sounds good. would be interested in it :)

    Great, send me a DM and we'll put something together.

    @georgedatacenter said:
    I think it is a good idea

    Glad you agree. If you are interested in taking part send me a DM and we'll work out the details.

    @Unbelievable said:
    Both? Or maybe a legends of the past series with Johnny?

    Hah, I do wonder where young Johnny ended up. Hopefully far away.

    Jon Biloh
  • teamaccteamacc Member

    @jbiloh said:

    @Unbelievable said:
    Both? Or maybe a legends of the past series with Johnny?

    Hah, I do wonder where young Johnny ended up. Hopefully far away.

    Now THAT would be a content piece that draws a LOT of eyeballs.

    I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    teamacc said: Now THAT would be a content piece that draws a LOT of eyeballs.

    That's for sure.

    Hopefully he is getting his life together away from the internet.

    Jon Biloh
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    So far I've gotten 4 submissions, and all are excellent, thank you guys.

    Would like to have 3-4 more so I can get things scheduled out a few months in advance.

    If you are interested let me know!

    Jon Biloh
  • DataWagonDataWagon Member, Provider
    edited March 30

    Sounds like a great way for the community to get to know providers better. We would surely be interested.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @DataWagon said:
    Sounds like a great way for the community to get to know providers better. We would surely be interested.

    I'll send you a PM shortly.

    Jon Biloh
  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Provider
    edited March 30

    I get the feeling that these won't get that much traction unless you can find interesting people. At-least after the first few.

    Prove me wrong I guess.

    Thanked by 2Nyr Lee
    X4B - DDoS Protection: Affordable Anycast DDoS protection including Layer 7 mitigation with PoPs in the US, EU and Asia.
    Latest Offer: Black Friday 2019 Offer
  • aRNoLDaRNoLD Member

    create a Youtube channel, post recorded videos of interview, or even real time streaming, and ask questions with bonus pack for lucky audiences. guess this could be fascinating.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @SplitIce said:
    I get the feeling that these won't get that much traction unless you can find interesting people. At-least after the first few.

    Prove me wrong I guess.

    We'll see how it goes.

    Would you like to take part in an interview?

    Jon Biloh
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    Hi Everyone,

    Right now we have 5 interviews written with a couple more pending. I'd like to have another 4 or 5 come in. Who else is interested?

    The first one will be published in April and then every couple weeks.

    Thanked by 1dustinc
    Jon Biloh
  • dustincdustinc Member, Provider

    What a great idea! Excited to see these interviews and can only hope to see more and more interviews - anyone part of this community running a business should do this.

    Thanked by 1SCAM_AlphaRacks

    RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting

  • Fran at BuyVM is the obvious choice

    Contractually bound by a verbal non-disclosure agreement

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    I've had two more hosts take part today.

    Still would like to get at least 3 more involved for this first round of interviews.

    Jon Biloh
  • Wow @jbiloh . Great to see some healthy ideas there :) This will surely benefits all members in LET.

    Specially 4 U | Not Throttled
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @jonesolutions said:
    Wow @jbiloh . Great to see some healthy ideas there :) This will surely benefits all members in LET.

    Thank you! I appreciate that!

    Would you like to be interviewed?

    Jon Biloh
  • SSDBlazeSSDBlaze Member, Provider

    Would love to do an interview! Seems like a great addition to LET.

    Thanked by 1dustinc
  • jonesolutionsjonesolutions Member
    edited April 3

    @jbiloh said:
    Thank you! I appreciate that!

    Would you like to be interviewed?

    Thank you for your consideration but I'll pass for now and give others the opportunity ( they deserve it better than me ) and besides, I am still a new member here. I will probably consider it later :)

    Thanked by 1dustinc

    Specially 4 U | Not Throttled
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    SSDBlaze said: Would love to do an interview! Seems like a great addition to LET.

    I'll send you a PM shortly.

    jonesolutions said: Thank you for your consideration but I'll pass for now and give others the opportunity ( they deserve it better than me ) and besides, I am still a new member here. I will probably consider it later

    No problem, whenever you are ready...

    Jon Biloh
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @texteditor said:
    Fran at BuyVM is the obvious choice

    Done one for another site or two. I'm good I think.

    Francisco

    Thanked by 1dustinc
    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Member, Provider
    edited April 3

    I'd be interested to see how they're conducted and how they look once posted. It's an overall interesting incentive if done right.

    Thanked by 2Lee dustinc

    AlphaVPS - OpenVZ and KVM, DDoS Protected VPS in London, UK | Sofia, BG | Nuremberg, DE | NYC, US and LA, US. Cheap Dedicated servers with fast delivery!

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    So far so good, have had a number of additional hosts express interest the last 24 hours. Glad to see so many folks take part.

    If anyone else wants to talk about an interview just send me a PM. :)

    Thanked by 1dustinc
    Jon Biloh
  • dustincdustinc Member, Provider

    @Francisco said:

    @texteditor said:
    Fran at BuyVM is the obvious choice

    Done one for another site or two. I'm good I think.

    Francisco

    Do another champ! You're a top provider, the community would likely enjoy it. You run a badass operation.

    Thanked by 1SCAM_AlphaRacks

    RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting

  • dustinc said: Do another champ! You're a top provider, the community would likely enjoy it. You run a badass operation.

    I don't think Biloh wanna get roasted/memed.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    SCAM_DONT_BUY said: I don't think Biloh wanna get roasted/memed.

    Some people already do that, there would be no difference from my perspective :)

    Everyone is welcome to take part in the interview stuff, glad to have everyone with a reputable business involved.

    Jon Biloh
  • jarjar Provider

    Interested in an email host?

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    @jar said:
    Interested in an email host?

    Certainly! Will send you a PM!

    Jon Biloh
  • seriesnseriesn Member, Provider

    @jbiloh said:

    @jar said:
    Interested in an email host?

    Certainly! Will send you a PM!

    Yes!

  • SplitIceSplitIce Member, Provider

    @jbiloh not sure I'd be interesting enough. But I guess that depends on the questions ey. I'll give it a shot if you are still looking.

    X4B - DDoS Protection: Affordable Anycast DDoS protection including Layer 7 mitigation with PoPs in the US, EU and Asia.
    Latest Offer: Black Friday 2019 Offer
  • hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Provider

    Great initiative @jbiloh and great opportunity for the hosting providers.

    Best of luck.

    HostNamaste.com - A Reliable Indian Hosting Company You Can Trust.

    OpenVZ VPS, KVM VPS and Budget Dedicated Servers in Los Angeles, Dallas, Jacksonville, France, India and Russia.

  • @jbiloh besides these good efforts, if we can ramp up moderation a bit... I mean the one-liner, awfully roasting first responses that are useless in all sense and don't even listen / read to the topic. This is what has killed the spirit of LET and why good providers do not come here.

  • mehargags said: I mean the one-liner, awfully roasting first responses that are useless in all sense and don't even listen / read to the topic.

    People got fed up with colox and their bs, they have all the rights to meme the place.

    mehargags said: This is what has killed the spirit of LET and why good providers do not come here.

    Sooner or later everyone will move to the other 2 sites. The end is near for LEN.

  • mailcheapmailcheap Member, Provider

    Greatly appreciate all these improvements to the community, and the opportunity for the hosts.

    Pavin.

    Thanked by 1georgedatacenter

    Mailcheap.co (Cyberlabs s.r.o. & Cyberlabs Inc.) | Dedicated Email Servers | Complete API support | AI Spam Filtering
    Affiliate program w/ 50% commission

  • hostworldhostworld Member, Provider

    Happy to participate! Can send you a DM or feel free to reach out to us? You’ve already posted a few of our offers on LEB (thank you btw!), currently working to become listed a provider on here.

    hostworld.uk - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, SSD & NVMe VPS, Dedicated Servers & Domains. UK & US data centres & 24/7 UK support.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    SplitIce said: @jbiloh not sure I'd be interesting enough. But I guess that depends on the questions ey. I'll give it a shot if you are still looking.

    I'll send you a PM with questions.

    hostnamaste said: Great initiative @jbiloh and great opportunity for the hosting providers.

    Best of luck.

    Thanks, I appreciate that. We are putting in the effort to improve our content getting published. I have tons and tons of stuff already written and scheduled for April and May.

    mehargags said: @jbiloh besides these good efforts, if we can ramp up moderation a bit... I mean the one-liner, awfully roasting first responses that are useless in all sense and don't even listen / read to the topic. This is what has killed the spirit of LET and why good providers do not come here.

    I hear you. I am watching, I actually gave my first warning two days ago and plan to be a bit more active in helping to make sure that this is a welcoming community. No reason to allow unreasonable anger or meanness here.

    SCAM_DONT_BUY said: Sooner or later everyone will move to the other 2 sites. The end is near for LEN.

    I am glad you are still active in our community and hope you start to have a more positive and optimistic viewpoint soon. I think some of your other associates who've left our community in the past may consider returning soon. Just a feeling :).

    mailcheap said: Greatly appreciate all these improvements to the community, and the opportunity for the hosts.

    Pavin.

    Thanks for noticing the efforts Pavin, and thanks for being part of our community.

    hostworld said: Happy to participate! Can send you a DM or feel free to reach out to us? You’ve already posted a few of our offers on LEB (thank you btw!), currently working to become listed a provider on here.

    Happy to help and see good hosts get posted on Low End Box. A PM is coming your way soon about the interviews.

    Jon Biloh
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    I am pretty sure I sent a PM to everyone who expressed interest. If I missed anyone it was not intentional and feel free to send me a PM.

    Thanks guys, really love to see all the positive interest. The more providers we get involved the better this will go!

    Jon Biloh
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator

    3 more interviews completed today, this is awesome guys, thanks for your enthusiastic response.

    Because so many hosts have been interested in the interviews I am looking to conduct another 10 more.

    If you'd like to be interviewed just speak up. :)

    Thanked by 1hostworld
    Jon Biloh
  • hostworldhostworld Member, Provider

    @jbiloh said:
    3 more interviews completed today, this is awesome guys, thanks for your enthusiastic response.

    Because so many hosts have been interested in the interviews I am looking to conduct another 10 more.

    If you'd like to be interviewed just speak up. :)

    Was happy to take part! Looking forward to seeing them published.

    Thanks again :)

    hostworld.uk - Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, SSD & NVMe VPS, Dedicated Servers & Domains. UK & US data centres & 24/7 UK support.

  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator
    edited April 5

    hostworld said: Was happy to take part! Looking forward to seeing them published.

    Thanks again

    Thanks for making the time.

    Still calling all who are interested to speak up! You can be in the hosting, cloud, IT, or any technology industry.

    Jon Biloh
  • seriesnseriesn Member, Provider

    @jbiloh said:

    hostworld said: Was happy to take part! Looking forward to seeing them published.

    Thanks again

    Thanks for making the time.

    Still calling all who are interested to speak up! You can be in the hosting, cloud, IT, or any technology industry.

    Food for thought,
    @jbiloh interviewing @jbiloh ;)

  • skbenterpriseskbenterprise Member, Provider

    @jbiloh said:

    hostworld said: Was happy to take part! Looking forward to seeing them published.

    Thanks again

    Thanks for making the time.

    Still calling all who are interested to speak up! You can be in the hosting, cloud, IT, or any technology industry.

    We are interested in this! Feel free to PM us.

    SKB Enterprise - Affordable hosting in Amsterdam, Netherlands. 100% owned hardware. www.skb-enterprise.com
    KVM VPS with NVMe SSD storage - Dedicated Servers - Unmetered Dedicated Server - Colocation

  • Wow... too bad this didn't happen earlier. Don't mean to be a dick but I get the need to save face now for ad revenue.

    [signature exceeds limit]

Sign In or Register to comment.