Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyShared Domain Expired
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyShared Domain Expired

Anyone that has contact with @Francisco or anyone at BuyShared/BuyVM may want to let them know that BuyShared.net has expired

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Raise your hand if you've done it. Come on now, don't act like you haven't lol

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I'm aware. Its been renewed, just clear your DNS.

ENOM didn't like the new capital one card we had on file. This is the 2nd/3rd time its happened with them and is why I've moved almost everything over to internet.bs and such.

Francisco

Thanked by 3Foul SinV pike
  • SetraHostSetraHost Member
    edited March 2020

@Francisco said:

ENOM didn't like the new capital one card we had on file. This is the 2nd/3rd time its happened with them and is why I've moved almost everything over to internet.bs and such.

Francisco

I figured you were on top of it but times are a little crazy and overwhelming right now so just wanted to look out. That's annoying, but glad you got it resolved. I typically use PorkBun for my personal domains, but will checkout internet.bs> @jar said:

Raise your hand if you've done it. Come on now, don't act like you haven't lol

raises hand

SetraHost said: I figured you were on top of it but times are a little crazy and overwhelming right now so just wanted to look out. That's annoying, but glad you got it resolved. I typically use PorkBun for my personal domains, but will checkout internet.bs

I've seriously considered putting the cash into doing my own registrar. A lot of the places like porkbun, etc, don't leave much....meat on the bone though.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Foul
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2020

@Francisco said:
    I've seriously considered putting the cash into doing my own registrar. A lot of the places like porkbun, etc, don't leave much....meat on the bone though.

Francisco

I think that's equivalent to throwing cash in a fire. Unless you are Octave at OVH, with millions of dollars, who buy his own TLD to look cool.

Thanked by 1HostSlick

@MikeA said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I think that's equivalent to throwing cash in a fire. Unless you are Octave at OVH, with millions of dollars, who buy his own TLD to look cool.

Wouldn't be a TLD, would be a registrar so I could offer com/net/org, etc.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Hence begins Fran's internet domination.

Thanked by 1imok
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Francisco said:

@MikeA said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Francisco

Oh, right. Well since my reply I though about it and having .fran would be a better idea. $7.

Thanked by 1Frameworks

@MikeA said:

@Francisco said:

@MikeA said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Francisco

Oh, right. Well since my reply I though about it and having .fran would be a better idea. $7.

.franned

Francisco

Thanked by 1Frameworks
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I implore you to create .nigh.

And let me to have end.nigh.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • LeeLee Veteran

Francisco said: I'm aware. Its been renewed, just clear your DNS.

Ya fud, lol

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@Francisco said:

@MikeA said:

@Francisco said:

@MikeA said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Francisco

.franned

Francisco

.vm! 😃

Thanked by 2imok uptime
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Francisco said: registrar

I guess maybe some people would pay extra for a pony-powered domain...

• lpnlpn Member

@Francisco : any chance for available stock for non-reseller accounts in EU any time soon?

@lpn said:
    @Francisco : any chance for available stock for non-reseller accounts in EU any time soon?

On the 1st.

We'll see about adding another node soon, but we're focused on the Ryzen stuff for now.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

SetraHost said: I figured you were on top of it but times are a little crazy and overwhelming right now so just wanted to look out. That's annoying, but glad you got it resolved. I typically use PorkBun for my personal domains, but will checkout internet.bs

Francisco

I feel that. Would love to see that happen!

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Francisco said: ENOM didn't like the new capital one card we had on file. This is the 2nd/3rd time its happened with them

Yeah enom seriously have not kept up with the times, and they are not even cost effective anymore. Only reason we keep using them is because we have quite a bit of credit with them remaining from our resellers from yester years :/

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Francisco said: I've seriously considered putting the cash into doing my own registrar. A lot of the places like porkbun, etc, don't leave much....meat on the bone though.

Out of curiosity, what kind of CapEx you would be looking for that?
    We do not sell enough domains to justify, more about curiosity than anything else :)

Then again that could be a good domain to expand to ;)

• @deank said:
    I implore you to create .nigh.

And let me to have end.nigh.

Just move to Ghana and be done with it.

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

Well, there is manually paying when you get notification 30 days or so in advance. And there is likely a way to have prepaid credit to ensure this doesn't happen again. Or having multiple cards on account. At least with Namesilo there is all these possibilities. If your registrar doesn't have like 3 outs for you to prevent this from happening, find a different one.

And I'd recommend being a reseller of one of the cheap registrars vs rolling your own. There's just no margin and its really just to get people into the door, which isn't your problem.

• @Francisco said:

Francisco

Yo, I'd totally move my stuff over from Porkbun if you run Francisco Domains the way you run BuyVM.

• LeeLee Veteran

Autizmo said: Yo, I'd totally move my stuff over from Porkbun if you run Francisco Domains the way you run BuyVM.

Will he remember to renew your domains though?

I will see myself out...

• @TimboJones said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Well, there is manually paying when you get notification 30 days or so in advance. And there is likely a way to have prepaid credit to ensure this doesn't happen again. Or having multiple cards on account. At least with Namesilo there is all these possibilities. If your registrar doesn't have like 3 outs for you to prevent this from happening, find a different one.

And I'd recommend being a reseller of one of the cheap registrars vs rolling your own. There's just no margin and its really just to get people into the door, which isn't your problem.

Eh, the problem with resellers is you aren't dealing with the registrar directly and you've got a middleman to relay everything back and forth if there's an issue. Plus, @Francisco would be beholden to the regestrar and their decisions. One of the things Fran tries to do is support free speech. These days you've got people trying to deplatform everything they don't like. Most recent example that comes to mind is the whole 8chan debacle with Voxility, Cloudflare, and Tucows. IIRC that was one of the reasons he moved off of Voxility.
    If Fran went the reseller route he'd give up a lot of power and ability to run things the way he wants.
    That's just my 2 cents though.

• @Francisco said:

@lpn said:

On the 1st.

We'll see about adding another node soon, but we're focused on the Ryzen stuff for now.

Francisco

How is the Ryzen stuff going? How big of an impact has mexican beer had on getting everything you need for the migration?

@Autizmo said:

@Francisco said:

@lpn said:

On the 1st.

Francisco

How is the Ryzen stuff going? How big of an impact has mexican beer had on getting everything you need for the migration?

We can't handle NY/LU at the moment due to travel restrictions.

LV has enough nodes to get all users converted over and some spare inventory. I've been able to hoard some CPU heatsinks, just working on NVME heatsinks.

I got enough RAM, boards, etc.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Autizmo
  • @Francisco said:

@Autizmo said:

@Francisco said:

@lpn said:

On the 1st.

Francisco

We can't handle NY/LU at the moment due to travel restrictions.

LV has enough nodes to get all users converted over and some spare inventory. I've been able to hoard some CPU heatsinks, just working on NVME heatsinks.

I got enough RAM, boards, etc.

Francisco

Awesome! Stay safe.

• Adam1Adam1 Member
    edited April 2020

Francisco said: A lot of the places like porkbun, etc, don't leave much....meat on the bone though.

Theres a gap in the .uk domain market for some reason. Porkbun do everything but, internetbs have decided to jack up .uk prices and theres no other options except bloody namecheap, but even they are profiting at least approx $3 per .uk