Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner AX41-NVME Power off issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner AX41-NVME Power off issue

Hello People
Two days ago I received the AX41-NVME server after 4 days of order, and as usual, I ordered Remote Console (KVM) to install Windows Server 2019 DC Edition.
And after successful installation, I started to install some extra addons like Hyper-V, Webserver, Exchange, and many others.
So the server started to power off from itself unexpectedly and take about 5 minutes to boot again, and this issue happened more than 10 times, even when I open the chrome browser to make a speed test and when I pressed the start button it also power off.

I contacted Hetzner support and they were very helpful and tried many solutions until today morning they changed the server (As they Said) but the problem still exists.

And in the Event viewer, the problem listed as critical with event ID no#41.
and have these details :

https://imgur.com/a/nzAwu7Y

Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 3/27/2020 7:47:57 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: (63) Level: Critical Keywords: (70368744177664),(2) User: SYSTEM Computer: Maistro Description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>6</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-03-27T14:47:57.387537900Z" /> <EventRecordID>2364</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" /> <Channel>System</Channel> <Computer>MS</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" /> </System> <EventData> <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data> <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data> <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data> <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data> <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data> <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data> <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data> <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data> <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data> </EventData> </Event>

So, guys, I want any suggestions from you to solve this problem or I have to cancel the server.

Regards

Comments

• have you renewed the evolution period ? or update the key it will works fine

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

If the problem still exists even after full server replacement then maybe issue exists in your software/configuration

Ask hetzner to for a KVM again then check all settings/configuration

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @jokymic said:
    have you renewed the evolution period ? or update the key it will works fine

I installed an original license and activated it.

• @ViridWeb said:
    If the problem still exists even after full server replacement then maybe issue exists in your software/configuration

The windows copy is from hetzner and all configurations were by them.

• simply contact them and ask them to solve the issue

• @jokymic said:
    simply contact them and ask them to solve the issue

Yep :smile:

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

@MohamadSY said:

@ViridWeb said:

Then give then the Admin access and ask to fix it. As it's a new install so I don't think you have any issue to share the essentials with them.

Generaly host do not provide support for the 3rd party aoftware but Sometime they do provide support even on 3rd party software if the issue serious. Ask them for help. Hetzner have one of the best support team in this industry.

• @ViridWeb said:

@MohamadSY said:

@ViridWeb said:

Then give then the Admin access and ask to fix it. As it's a new install so I don't think you have any issue to share the essentials with them.

Generaly host do not provide support for the 3rd party aoftware but Sometime they do provide support even on 3rd party software if the issue serious. Ask them for help. Hetzner have one of the best support team in this industry.

Yes, I would do that, Hetzner's support were so friendly, and they provide me a driver to install and do some tests.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • So after two days of investigations, I found that the solution is to update the Realtek network driver as it's in the windows server image causes system crashes under specific workload, and many thanks to Hetzner support.
    Cheers

Thanked by 2ViridWeb Hetzner_OL
  • CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Yep. Had the same issue. For anyone wondering, it's this driver http://download.hetzner.com/tools/Realtek/drivers/Realtek_LAN(v10035_05212019).zip

Thanked by 2MohamadSY Hetzner_OL
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Realtek :open_mouth: