Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need VPS in Mainland China 2C/4GB/60GB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need VPS in Mainland China 2C/4GB/60GB

Hi All,
I have a US client who have developed their Chinese version of the site under xxx.com.cn for their industrial partners in China. They are into industrial machines so its more of a product catalog and portfolio site, no e-commerce being done. They need to make sure all of mainland China has access to this Chinese site unrestricted.
Alibaba cloud is coming up pretty expensive at $30-40/month. I was seeking options if we have any providers within mainland China ?

A 2C/4GB/60GB KVM would suffice for now :)

Thanks... and Keep safe everyone

Comments

• You have a big client in some industry and 30-40 USD is too expensive?

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • Hi mehargags,
    will you let us know about your budget?

• I'm from China. Maybe I can help you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions。

• cybmp3cybmp3 Member
    edited March 2020

tencent(OTC:TCEHY;HK0700) cloud is more affordable.
    https://cloud.tencent.com/

• vnetvnet Member

A server in China accessing any web page service requires the real identity registration information for the record.
    it is necessary, Suggest that you can choose China-Hong Kong server

• angstromangstrom Moderator

@crazybaby said:
    I'm from China. Maybe I can help you. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions。

Congrats on your first post

• @stefeman said:
    You have a big client in some industry and 30-40 USD is too expensive?

Where did I say this is a big client ?
    They are a startup company, into industrial design... small group trying to seat themselves and hit hard by recent Corona affairs. It is not just the server cost, they have to spend money on "maintaining" it (pay me) and so keeping HW cost low would help contain overall cost.
    Keep your toxicity and irrelevant nose out of thread if you don't have anything productive to contribute.

@cybmp3 said:
    tencent(OTC:TCEHY;HK0700) cloud is more affordable.
    https://cloud.tencent.com/

Thanks will take a look

I'm not sure... but HongKong Providers are fully accessible inside mainland China ? if that is so... I guess we have a few HKG provider I can contact.

• hzrhzr Member

mehargags said: They are a startup company, into industrial design... small group trying to seat themselves and hit hard by recent Corona affairs. It is not just the server cost, they have to spend money on "maintaining" it (pay me) and so keeping HW cost low would help contain overall cost.

Please understand that $40/m for 2GB is insanely cheap for Mainland and if anything you should double or triple your budget.

• Thats what I wanted to know if at all there are any other options...Thanks for the insight.

• @mehargags said:
    Thats what I wanted to know if at all there are any other options...Thanks for the insight.

If you use a VPS server in China, you need to perform website ICP filing. If the record is not filed with the ICP, it will not be accessible through the website.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited March 2020

@hzr said:

mehargags said: They are a startup company, into industrial design... small group trying to seat themselves and hit hard by recent Corona affairs. It is not just the server cost, they have to spend money on "maintaining" it (pay me) and so keeping HW cost low would help contain overall cost.

Please understand that $40/m for 2GB is insanely cheap for Mainland and if anything you should double or triple your budget.

This is what I implied above. Expecting to cater some industry startup in mainland china at a budget of 30-40 USD is lunacy. Milking them with bellow average server wont do much good.

Alibaba cloud,
    China telecom,
    Tencent,
    Kingsoft cloud,
    Baidu cloud,
    ucloud,
    Huawei cloud,
    Amazon AWS/EC2 China

Are the only viable options available for foreigners for mainland china hosting.. Unless of course you have the license from govermental office.

• hzrhzr Member

stefeman said: Unless of course you have the license from govermental office.

Even if you do, you're probably not getting an wepay/alipay customer account easily.

• AWS

• AWS or Alibaba is best select.if you want, you can PM to me. i can give you a good plan

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • BetaRacksBetaRacks Member
    edited March 2020

How much budget do you have?

• hzrhzr Member

insightfy said: AWS or Alibaba is best select.if you want, you can PM to me. i can give you a good plan

You can post it here.

• @hzr said:

insightfy said: AWS or Alibaba is best select.if you want, you can PM to me. i can give you a good plan

You can post it here.

For Alibaba

Cheaper packages often use fake information to sign up for a new account offer and resell the account

AWS may obtain the edu discount through fake information

• hzrhzr Member

BetaRacks said: Cheaper packages often use fake information to sign up for a new account offer and resell the account

AWS may obtain the edu discount through fake information

Yes, do this and you will be banned here.

• AWS,Azure is available in China, Alibbaba cloud is best, but I suggest Tencent cloud or huawei cloud if price matter.

• I'm Chinese. I think I can help you. I recommend you to buy a cloud server in Hong Kong. You can choose aliyun's Simple Application Server product. Simple Application Server has a lower price. Layerstack also can have a try: https://www.layerstack.com/

• @floopy said:
    I'm Chinese. I think I can help you. I recommend you to buy a cloud server in Hong Kong. You can choose aliyun's Simple Application Server product. Simple Application Server has a lower price. Layerstack also can have a try: https://www.layerstack.com/

Simple Application Server remember to select the Hong Kong region.