Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Pulsed Media The Rona Relief Seedbox Packages! Long Term Recurring Discounts Inside! FROM 29.94€/1Y - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Pulsed Media The Rona Relief Seedbox Packages! Long Term Recurring Discounts Inside! FROM 29.94€/1Y

2»

Comments

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Provider

o_be_one said: faster than sftp for streaming

That's not true, WebDAV is essentially HTTP/HTTPS.

rinalarnando said: Yes VALUE250

Like it says on the page, it is a recurring discount

edited April 28

Some more M1000 added :)

o_be_one said: I hope Olaris will be relevant and help you to offer another nice feature.

If anyone is able to test this on our servers i'd be curious of the results.

@ps20090 thanks for answering so many questions here :)

Super busy over here, soooo many orders and so many servers to assemble :) Fun times! Busy+Hard but fun! :) ZEN MiniDedis "flying off the shelves" as well, got to order a bunch more by end of the week to fullfill all those orders. MDS in demand as well. And of course all the spam attacks, hopefully we can turn off email verification soon for billing as well.

No idea what to do with our wiki as of yet, it's essentially "ruined" by spammers now. no good tools to clean up all of the spam accounts and pages seem to exist, and looks like mediawiki has some bizarre database structure so not easy to clean it all up from there neither. Anyone who comes up with practical solution for us we'd be super pleased to hear about that!

Thanked by 2ps20090 o_be_one
  • mayaslmayasl Member

Why don't you accept card payments?

• ps20090ps20090 Member

@mayasl said:
    Why don't you accept card payments?

I don't know but if you don't have Paypal, click on Paypal Checkout button and then you can pay with your card through PayPal Guest Checkout.

I think first time you will need to cancel and return to NuCode and it returns next time when you click on Paypal Checkout.

• o_be_oneo_be_one Member

To replace MediaWiki, does anyone here already used something like Hugo or mkdocs? With CICD pipeline on GitHub or GitLab? Sounds interesting to me.

For WebDAV, SFTP and FTPS ; issue is more about the video player you use now I’ve checked more. Infuse, a more and more used video players on iOS devices, is bad at FTP / SFTP stream. But with WebDAV or HTTP(s) it works pretty well. The cons for HTTP(s) is that it only supports direct links I think.

DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer. Looks cool when i know what i do.
    Doing useless stuffs on amazing providers services because... Why not?
    edited May 4

We received more praise and respects for our special offers today in form of yet another attack. This time a DDOS Bruteforce: http://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=495

Rapid Seedbox was behind this, it's blatantly obvious once you start checking the routing and ownership of those subnets, knowing that they also have a IPv4 rental business on the side. Some of the subnets is directly under that competitor name, and some are under the owners name and/or their relatives. I would presume the most prevalent ownership details is their ipv4 rental business. Almost none has rdns setup, and apart from some colocrossing rdns most are very obvious spam websites/system rdns.

Above announcement has the checked IPs listed, once we blocked all those whole /24 subnets it ended. Almost all of those subnets point directly to Rapid Seedbox under an alias or another, but indeed a few subnets has directly their name. Once we pointed this out to them, they stopped all communication promptly with us.

UPDATE Did not take long after posting this information for rapid seedbox to respond. They claim they have found the customer behind this, waiting for more information.

UPDATE 2 Will take until tomorrow to find out more on who is behind this. In any case, the attack was very quickly mitigated, now it is all about finding out the culprit and going through the logs for precaution.

Thanked by 1larmarat
  • JabJabJabJab Member

Competition is healthy they say....

• TimboJonesTimboJones Member

@PulsedMedia said:
    We received more praise and respects for our special offers today in form of yet another attack. This time a DDOS Bruteforce: http://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=495

Rapid Seedbox was behind this, it's blatantly obvious once you start checking the routing and ownership of those subnets, knowing that they also have a IPv4 rental business on the side. Some of the subnets is directly under that competitor name, and some are under the owners name and/or their relatives. I would presume the most prevalent ownership details is their ipv4 rental business. Almost none has rdns setup, and apart from some colocrossing rdns most are very obvious spam websites/system rdns.

Above announcement has the checked IPs listed, once we blocked all those whole /24 subnets it ended. Almost all of those subnets point directly to Rapid Seedbox under an alias or another, but indeed a few subnets has directly their name. Once we pointed this out to them, they stopped all communication promptly with us.

UPDATE Did not take long after posting this information for rapid seedbox to respond. They claim they have found the customer behind this, waiting for more information.

UPDATE 2 Will take until tomorrow to find out more on who is behind this. In any case, the attack was very quickly mitigated, now it is all about finding out the culprit and going through the logs for precaution.

Tricky to narrow down, I presume. I'd assume there is a ton of "legitimate" traffic between all the various seedbox providers. If you're getting attacks on login pages and not on torrent ports to client destinations, then yea, that's easier to spot. But if the attacks are coming from more than a few different subnets, then its a lot harder for Rapid Seedbox to blame this on a single, rogue customer doing it without their knowledge. In the off chance it is, that sounds like they have enough paid resources that Rapid Seedbox might not just simply drop them as a customer...

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited May 5

A single bad egg takes away the utility of Shell access for the good customers.

250GB USA RAID6 StorageKVM from €13/yr (no-torrenting, TopProvider)
    (affiliate for 🥰 ) https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/aff.php?aff=401&gid=30

edited May 5

announcement just updated. http://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=495

The attacks targeted billing login page, which is kinda typical URL but not exactly. Check the announcement latest update -- This definitively was from someone in the seedbox niche -- and draw your own conclusions from this.

TimboJones said: But if the attacks are coming from more than a few different subnets, then its a lot harder for Rapid Seedbox to blame this on a single, rogue customer doing it without their knowledge.

This. That is a huge number of different subnets, and it was multiple IPs per subnet. Certainly, they do broker IPv4 rentals as well tho, so perhaps someone is just renting dozens of subnets. But several subnets have Rapid Seedbox as the current holder as well ... Some are completely unrelated etc. The published list of individual addresses is manually verified IPs to be part of the attack. There is 5977 suspicious IPs but there is going to be some legitimate users so we cannot just dump all those IPs publicly - afterall there is legitimate reasons for getting your password wrong a couple times in row.

Sadly this stuff takes tons of time to analyse, there would be probably tons of more information to be gathered with further log and data analysis.

And that might be the true purpose of these attacks as of late, DOS the human resources. That being said, we did make new hiring yesterday. He starts work Thursday and will be working on backend stuff only initially.

These attacks always start when we have a lot of sales, especially sales from other providers. Yes, we know that atleast 1 or 2 moved from Rapid Seedbox as well to us in the past month

We will probably start winding down these specials now. Value250 special was already ended.

Things are starting to get back to normal.

• BertieBertie Member

Is youtube-dl offered?

• o_be_oneo_be_one Member

Your COVID offers were really good and totally beating all your competitors prices. So, i'm not really surprised. Thanks for update here :)!

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
    DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer. Looks cool when i know what i do.
    Doing useless stuffs on amazing providers services because... Why not?
  • plumbergplumberg Member

@PulsedMedia said:
    We will probably start winding down these specials now. Value250 special was already ended.

Do you allow Public torrents? thnx

@PulsedMedia said:

so, 50% not valid anymore? thnx

@Bertie said:
    Is youtube-dl offered?

sorry cannot remember, if not, we'll add it if possible. I recall it was looked on lately, but not sure if it was added!

o_be_one said: Your COVID offers were really good and totally beating all your competitors prices. So, i'm not really surprised. Thanks for update here :)!

Thanks! :)

plumberg said: Do you allow Public torrents? thnx

Yes

plumberg said: so, 50% not valid anymore? thnx

For M1000 first period yes, compounded 50% for SSD recurring 1+years yes. just not Value250 anymore

@PulsedMedia said:

@Bertie said:
    Is youtube-dl offered?

sorry cannot remember, if not, we'll add it if possible. I recall it was looked on lately, but not sure if it was added!

o_be_one said: Your COVID offers were really good and totally beating all your competitors prices. So, i'm not really surprised. Thanks for update here :)!

Yes

For M1000 first period yes, compounded 50% for SSD recurring 1+years yes. just not Value250 anymore

Just tried... shows 100+$ for the 2tb one what c ou upon code to use?

@plumberg said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Bertie said:
    Is youtube-dl offered?

Yes

Just tried... shows 100+$ for the 2tb one what c ou upon code to use?

Price updates on the final checkout page. Just click buy button from corona relief page.

Thanked by 1plumberg
  • MerlincoolMerlincool Member
    edited May 16

I don't see anything recurring discount

@Merlincool said:
    I don't see anything recurring discount

The SSD offers are recurring. Value250 offer was but that's gone now

The M1000 -50% is over now aswell sadly. Remaining the auction and ssd offers.

Only auction remaining, likely we will keep it until atleast end of June as things normalize. It's been really popular so far :)

Auction still going strong :)
    Only 9 more days to go! :O

• raindog308raindog308 Moderator

After all the Ultraseedbox drama, I got an M1000.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

For LET support, please visit the support desk.

@raindog308 said:

Are they the ones experience some (very) prolonged downtime and related drama?

• raindog308raindog308 Moderator

@PulsedMedia said:

@raindog308 said:

Are they the ones experience some (very) prolonged downtime and related drama?

Yes though they’re back now.

For LET support, please visit the support desk.