Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Pulsed Media The Rona Relief Seedbox Packages! Long Term Recurring Discounts Inside! FROM 29.94€/1Y
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Pulsed Media The Rona Relief Seedbox Packages! Long Term Recurring Discounts Inside! FROM 29.94€/1Y

Pulsed Media The Rona Relief Seedbox Package

The Human Malware COVID-19 is keeping a lot of people at home or even in quarantine. If Corona virus is keeping you at home, perhaps here is how to spend your time for the upcoming weeks.

We have several Rona Relief offers available. The best currently are Value250 or SSD series total compounded RECURRING discount of 50% for 1 year or longer.
We will keep updating our special page over time.

Some of the offers are:

Check them all out at: https://pulsedmedia.com/specials.php - Valid until end of this month, unless this human malware situation continues during april we might extend this offer. Price updates on checkout page.

Plenty of other specials as well on the specials page at https://pulsedmedia.com/specials.php

Included are:

Extra info:

• Operated from our own Helsinki, Finland datacenter. All hardware is owned, built and operated by us.
  • Green Datacenter operations
  • Uncongested network
  • Some latency metrics: 20ms DECIX, 36ms OVH, 38ms Online, 0.4-0.6ms Cloudflare, 31ms Leaseweb, 36ms Redstation (UK), 23ms Hetzner, 23ms Serverloft aka Plusserver (DE, +many other brands). If you want something added, please comment below
  • Registered company in Finland
  • Terms Of Service

Payment methods

• Paypal
  • IBAN/SEPA Wiretransfers
  • Crypto (BTC, LTC, XMR, ETH, DOGE and many others.)
Thanked by 1coreflux

Comments

• @PulsedMedia I can't get 50% off in SSD plans:

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Provider

@mtsbatalha said:

Clearly shows you are getting the compounded 50% off, 20% annual + 37.5% from that, compounds to 50% from Monthly price.

We have just updated our special page, new offers will be available by end of the month.

• fanfan Member

Tried to sign up for an account before ordering, and to my surprise, my email address was already taken. Checked email history and I found that I had this account with you since 2011! for the good old free seedbox back then.

Kudos for managing a lasting business and looking forward to the new Rona Relief offers, maybe it can replace some dedi's to save some cost in this uncertain time.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
    edited March 28

fan said: Tried to sign up for an account before ordering, and to my surprise, my email address was already taken. Checked email history and I found that I had this account with you since 2011! for the good old free seedbox back then.

Awesome, welcome back! :) You will get tremendous amount of extra disk for that long time billing profile too: http://wiki.pulsedmedia.com/index.php/Pulsed_Media_Free_Bonus_Disk_Policy

0.2% for every month since billing profile registration

9 years -> 21.6% :) Ofc typical limitations apply on that (server has to have free space etc.) and it's not guaranteed.

Kudos for managing a lasting business and looking forward to the new Rona Relief offers, maybe it can replace some dedi's to save some cost in this uncertain time.

• Any promotion on the dedi's?

kennsann said: Any promotion on the dedi's?

sorry not at the moment, supply is short so we cannot do promos when there is not much of supply. All of that supply has been put forth for the current promos.

If you are looking for custom built server and you are fine with upto 9 week delivery schedule, open a ticket and we'll see what we can do for you -- but cannot do any drastic discount (for month over month) as all of the supply is going towards The Rona Relief and similar actions. If you are up for prepaying for 1+ years then we can do something interesting, but delivery time remains at the up to 9 weeks.

We are getting word from our suppliers that deliveries are delayed etc.

• @PulsedMedia said:

kennsann said: Any promotion on the dedi's?

sorry not at the moment, supply is short so we cannot do promos when there is not much of supply. All of that supply has been put forth for the current promos.

If you are looking for custom built server and you are fine with upto 9 week delivery schedule, open a ticket and we'll see what we can do for you -- but cannot do any drastic discount (for month over month) as all of the supply is going towards The Rona Relief and similar actions. If you are up for prepaying for 1+ years then we can do something interesting, but delivery time remains at the up to 9 weeks.

We are getting word from our suppliers that deliveries are delayed etc.

I'll send you a DM.

Im interested with "we can do something interesting" bit. :)

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • ernie88ernie88 Member

Can your M1000 SERIES boxes be used just for storage? And also is storage space upgradeable? For instance, if I decide to go with S plan and in a few months want to add another TB or two.

• MatthewMMatthewM Member

It looks like the offer has been extended to at least the 30th of April.

Got a 450GB Seedbox which is working as expected.

mtwiscool said: It looks like the offer has been extended to at least the 30th of April.

Yes, and we even added auctions back in the mix! :)

ernie88 said: Can your M1000 SERIES boxes be used just for storage? And also is storage space upgradeable? For instance, if I decide to go with S plan and in a few months want to add another TB or two.

Yes and Yes. It's a regular shared service so you can put any data on your seedbox you want to.

Thanked by 1ernie88
  • Other than network 250mbps vs gbit is there any performance difference between Value250 L vs M1000 S?

hayhayday said: Other than network 250mbps vs gbit is there any performance difference between Value250 L vs M1000 S?

Amount of users per server, Value250 tends to have more users per server. Also Value250 has older drives which might be slower in some cases than the newer models

• benj0xbenj0x Member

Do you support IPv6?

is annoyed of VirMach's Black Friday Flash Sale Page.

• tenperatenpera Member

ipv6 subnet given?

We are starting to run low on the 1Gbps M1000 offers, some more capacity is coming but at this pace we will run out of that as well within a week or so. The largest package on that series is already out of stock for now, but more will come within 2 days or so.

got some restocking of the M1000 today.
    Outside of corona relief, dediseedboxes restocked today as well.

We've been applying the permanent discounts for M1000 offers as well.
    There's a lot of status updates etc. on the specials page if you are interested.

• @PulsedMedia said:
    got some restocking of the M1000 today.
    Outside of corona relief, dediseedboxes restocked today as well.

We've been applying the permanent discounts for M1000 offers as well.
    There's a lot of status updates etc. on the specials page if you are interested.

Make 50% recurring for M1000 offers as well.

mtsbatalha said: Make 50% recurring for M1000 offers as well.

Sorry but we cannot do 50% recurring on the M1000 series. 1.75€/TB/Month just not possible at this time on regular basis

• vncouponvncoupon Member without signature

I want register an account but no link.

• @PulsedMedia said:

Sorry but we cannot do 50% recurring on the M1000 series. 1.75€/TB/Month just not possible at this time on regular basis

So make a special limited edition like 1TB for 2 or 3eur with unlimited traffic or 20,30TB traffic. Just a suggestion :)

@vncoupon said:
    I want register an account but no link.

https://pulsedmedia.com/specials.php

It is mentioned on the original post.

@mtsbatalha said:

@PulsedMedia said:

So make a special limited edition like 1TB for 2 or 3eur with unlimited traffic or 20,30TB traffic. Just a suggestion :)

Check the auction, already there more or less ;)

We just ordered some more hardware to keep M1000 special on offer for one or two more weeks.

• I really would like to see something to live watch videos, that is compatible tvOS and Chromecast..

DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer. Looks cool when i know what i do.
    Doing useless stuffs on amazing providers services because... Why not?
  • ps20090ps20090 Member

@o_be_one said:
    I really would like to see something to live watch videos, that is compatible tvOS and Chromecast..

Pulsed Media doesn't allow Plex on shared boxes (they allow on Dedicated Servers/DediBox cause it your own server), I think it is over some privacy concerns.

What I did was setup rClone to copy all my files to Google Suite drive which has unlimited storage and use rclone-cache on my Kimsufi to view/play back files from there

Or if you have a cheap local machine like Rasberry Pi or old desktop running 24/7, you can SSHFS mount the seedbox and setup directories in Plex in local machine. It will support tvOS and Chromecast.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • @ps20090 said:

@o_be_one said:
    I really would like to see something to live watch videos, that is compatible tvOS and Chromecast..

Pulsed Media doesn't allow Plex on shared boxes (they allow on Dedicated Servers/DediBox cause it your own server), I think it is over some privacy concerns.

What I did was setup rClone to copy all my files to Google Suite drive which has unlimited storage and use rclone-cache on my Kimsufi to view/play back files from there

Or if you have a cheap local machine like Rasberry Pi or old desktop running 24/7, you can SSHFS mount the seedbox and setup directories in Plex in local machine. It will support tvOS and Chromecast.

Yeah i've read somewhere that for them Plex is against their privacy policy. I totally understand that and i'm surprised they don't provide another way. At least it could be an option with a big warning to let the customer knows that his privacy will change if he enables this option. Probably they already thinked about all of that, it's their job!

I would like to avoid any rClone stuff to any other server, but if i had a GSuite unilited disk whin not. I haven't a Gsuite Drive with unlimited space (i should check if they really monitor if we have at least 5 users ; in the past they were not checking). GSuite could be a good option honestly since iirc Plex support it directly.

Yeah i have my previous computer at home that is running h24. There is a Plex server inside and i think since 6 months i've only used it for 2 movies xD (I have most of major streaming services). Mounting the remote drive is a good idea too. Thanks for sharing!

• RedSoxRedSox Member

Since the above discussion is about Plex, can someone tell me what kind of VPS I need to have in order for the Plex to work normally? With and without transcoding please.

• o_be_one said: Yeah i've read somewhere that for them Plex is against their privacy policy.

Well, not Privacy but Terms of Service. Plex is CPU intensive for video transcoding, and that is bad for shared environment.

Thanked by 2sgheghele o_be_one
  • @TimboJones said:

o_be_one said: Yeah i've read somewhere that for them Plex is against their privacy policy.

Well, not Privacy but Terms of Service. Plex is CPU intensive for video transcoding, and that is bad for shared environment.

Oh yeah totally true; and you need transcode if your client device is not strong enough to support it correctly. In my experience, disabling transcoding for Chromecast ends in a crash after few minutes while on Apple TV it works perfectly.

edited April 23

You can use emby with our services, it's not even hard to setup. We did make an announcement with rough guide about it, but no wiki entry (yet).

Transcoding demands A LOT of CPU. We sometimes get silly questions like 30+ simultaneous 4k hdr transcodes on a 10-20€ shared oO; That's more than any single CPU can provide at this moment i think (2k+ passmark points required per stream, ie. EPyC 7551 is just shy of 20k - so 10 max, current 64C i think is around 50k so but that CPU also costs something silly like 10 000€). Essentially asking for dedicated dual 4k+ € each CPU in those instances.

Since Dragon-R is using EPyC 7551, 7601 and similar CPUs, transcoding 1-2 simultaneous threads is not a problem even on the lowest cost :)

If you do not transcode it does not need much at all.

plex indeed has some privacy concerns, they did pull back after community backlash, but they already showed their immoral privacy practice intent, essentially they want to collect all your data and use however they please (your library contents, what you watch, when you watch, how many times etc. anything they can get their hands on). Something akin to Facebook level (FB has now decided they essentially own your phone and even collects your banking details).
    That and some software design choices for their software has ensured we do not want to support it on any shared service.

Emby is fine, jellyfin too. You can setup those on your userspace, maybe "more official" support will come later.

Even decade ago streaming was not a problem if you did not need transcoding, on computers plain ol' VLC can do it trivially, SSHFS fuse mount, kodi etc. Kodi can directly use SSH/SFTP/FTP as well. Infact we even had streaming on the filemanager, might still work but the filemanager is in desperate need of replacement (if you know good one easy to integrate let us know!)

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • ps20090ps20090 Member

@PulsedMedia said:
    You can use emby with our services, it's not even hard to setup. We did make an announcement with rough guide about it, but no wiki entry (yet).

Transcoding demands A LOT of CPU. We sometimes get silly questions like 30+ simultaneous 4k hdr transcodes on a 10-20€ shared oO; That's more than any single CPU can provide at this moment i think (2k+ passmark points required per stream, ie. EPyC 7551 is just shy of 20k - so 10 max, current 64C i think is around 50k so but that CPU also costs something silly like 10 000€). Essentially asking for dedicated dual 4k+ € each CPU in those instances.

Since Dragon-R is using EPyC 7551, 7601 and similar CPUs, transcoding 1-2 simultaneous threads is not a problem even on the lowest cost :)

If you do not transcode it does not need much at all.

plex indeed has some privacy concerns, they did pull back after community backlash, but they already showed their immoral privacy practice intent, essentially they want to collect all your data and use however they please (your library contents, what you watch, when you watch, how many times etc. anything they can get their hands on). Something akin to Facebook level (FB has now decided they essentially own your phone and even collects your banking details).
    That and some software design choices for their software has ensured we do not want to support it on any shared service.

Emby is fine, jellyfin too. You can setup those on your userspace, maybe "more official" support will come later.

Even decade ago streaming was not a problem if you did not need transcoding, on computers plain ol' VLC can do it trivially, SSHFS fuse mount, kodi etc. Kodi can directly use SSH/SFTP/FTP as well. Infact we even had streaming on the filemanager, might still work but the filemanager is in desperate need of replacement (if you know good one easy to integrate let us know!)

Wow, I didn't know about Emby cause I didn't read announcements, link for any one interested - http://pulsedmedia.com/clients/announcements.php?id=485

Can I run it on promo M1000 series box I have (no transcoding, only direct play)? I am slightly confused cause it says "higher end service say Dragon-R"

Just my two cents, but I am sort of really invested in Plex and if you time look at SeedboxWS.com they offer seedboxes for like 1 Euro for 100 GB box and plex capabilities at 0.5 Euro/month. How they do is their central Plex creates directories and sends users email to accept those directories, and transcoding is strictly disabled, your media just won't play if you try to transcode, but will work fine for direct play.

• o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited April 23

Thank you for your answer @PulsedMedia. Honestly for the discounted price, we can't really expect to have transcoding. All your competitors cost near the double (so they can offer more as defined per their objective i assume). Sometime something just "simple" is what we need.

On my side i'm more with Plex (lifetime Plex Pass) and trying Infuse atm. I really enjoy the way it works, etc. But yeah privacy is now a concern.

I've rented a service on your website (M1000). In my head i was like: "i can deal with it, there is this Infuse app on iOS that all people are talking about since a while ; i will try with PulsedMedia". Unfortunatly direct streaming with Infuse using SFTP connection is not working (ahah maybe it's because i'm in NA actually!). I will try again tomorrow.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

ps20090 said: Can I run it on promo M1000 series box I have (no transcoding, only direct play)? I am slightly confused cause it says "higher end service say Dragon-R"

Without transcoding sure thing, it does not take much resources :)

ps20090 said: Just my two cents, but I am sort of really invested in Plex and if you time look at SeedboxWS.com they offer seedboxes for like 1 Euro for 100 GB box and plex capabilities at 0.5 Euro/month. How they do is their central Plex creates directories and sends users email to accept those directories, and transcoding is strictly disabled, your media just won't play if you try to transcode, but will work fine for direct play.

Sounds like privacy / security nightmare on the making. Interesting choice tho, and good thing if it works and hope i'm wrong on the security nightmare in making.

o_be_one said: I've rented a service on your website (M1000).

• o_be_one said: Unfortunatly direct streaming with Infuse using SFTP connection is not working (ahah maybe it's because i'm in NA actually!). I will try again tomorrow.

So i've tried later yesterday. For 720p TV shows it works, for 4K movies it doesn't work. I imagine i ask too much :D !

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member

Got the M1000M a month or so ago.

My node has pretty old hardware (Opteron 2419 EE, 24GB Ram, 22TB total space) but performance was always pretty good.

I'd say the biggest problem pulsedmedia has is peering, I noticed that downloading from other seedbox providers was always in the 60mbps range, so having a torrent where only one person seeds can be slow.
    If there are enough seeders, I can max out the 1gbps pretty easily.

Setting up Cloudflare infront of the server, I can always max out file transfers from the server to me.

Some stuff is a bit outdated (e.g. Sonarr), but because you can use sshfs you can do a lot of stuff externally, I have Plex running on another server and use sshfs to access the files.

You can edit your lighttpd config, but I noticed that some stuff doesn't seem to work, like adding vhosts, don't know if that is me doing something wrong, maybe @PulsedMedia can explain.

Over all very happy for the price.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia

tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

• berkayberkay Member

Is the auction offer recurring, monthly or annually?

• @berkay said:

Be careful with auction, read the wiki and ToS. No support for auction servers, they are made for trial mainly. Consider checking the page about Corona Relief, there is all offers you can have actually (and prices are quite good!).

Thanked by 1berkay
  • ps20090ps20090 Member

@o_be_one said:

@berkay said:

Be careful with auction, read the wiki and ToS. No support for auction servers, they are made for trial mainly. Consider checking the page about Corona Relief, there is all offers you can have actually (and prices are quite good!).

It is special Corona Auction, it is just regular service but with Reverse auction prices. Their specials page says "This is fully normal slot you can purchase upto 3 years, SLA level Gold like normal M1000 series, no special terms of anykind." regarding the auction at https://pulsedmedia.com/specials.php

Thanked by 2berkay PulsedMedia
  • ps20090ps20090 Member
    edited April 25

@berkay said:

I think it is only 1 time thing, but you can purchase for upto 3 years so like need to pay for that whole term right now though. So suppose it 4 Euro, 4 Euro x 36 Months = 144 Euro right now. Or chose to buy it only 1 month and just pay 4 Euro right now.

I might be wrong so ask support or PulsedMedia to be sure. The Value250 and SSD series special have recurring price, but it requires annual or longer prepayment, look at https://pulsedmedia.com/specials.php

Thanked by 2berkay PulsedMedia

berkay said: Is the auction offer recurring, monthly or annually?

Recurring, any billing term you want.

o_be_one said: Be careful with auction, read the wiki and ToS. No support for auction servers, they are made for trial mainly. Consider checking the page about Corona Relief, there is all offers you can have actually (and prices are quite good!).

This is not true anymore. There are no special terms attached to these auctions.

From Corona specials page:

BIG BIG NEWS: Corona Auction available! We added an auction M1000 slot as Corona relief Seedbox Auctions page. This is fully normal slot you can purchase upto 3 years, SLA level Gold like normal M1000 series, no special terms of anykind.

Auction page:

Regular M1000 series service, just auction pricing! Sorry no long term additional discounts, but you can now buy for upto 3 years at the auction pricing.

Only the special page normal M1000 -50% is single time discount, it's way too steep discount to make recurring.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • berkayberkay Member

@PulsedMedia said:

berkay said: Is the auction offer recurring, monthly or annually?

Recurring, any billing term you want.

Thank you. Do you check billing tickets on weekends?

berkay said: Thank you. Do you check billing tickets on weekends?

at a very low priority, typically billing stuff done only on business days.

• o_be_oneo_be_one Member
    edited April 26

Thank you PulsedMedia for correcting my message. This is a good news!

Would like to talk again about Plex. ByteSized talked about Olaris as an open source community driven alternative to Plex more oriented to providers. Did you took a look @PulsedMedia ?

Ive seen that in the past you were providing WebDAV connection? I’ve opened a Ticket about this but I will just close it as I’m asking here also and you may be already busy at this time.

Last question: is it possible to optimize my route connection? I feel like this is where im struggling to stream 4k content with PulsedMedia. I’ve found this option with other providers I’ve tried and it fixed my buffering issue with servers in Netherland (as I’m in NA).

Thanks.

• Can these be used just as storage boxes?

guerrilla said: Can these be used just as storage boxes?

Yes.

o_be_one said: Would like to talk again about Plex. ByteSized talked about Olaris as an open source community driven alternative to Plex more oriented to providers. Did you took a look @PulsedMedia ?

Thanks for pointing that out, i have missed Olaris. Will take a look at that.

o_be_one said: Ive seen that in the past you were providing WebDAV connection? I’ve opened a Ticket about this but I will just close it as I’m asking here also and you may be already busy at this time.

WebDAV support was kind of dropped when we went to individual lighttpd process per user due to very low demand. Interestingly now there seems to be interest on it :)

You can change lighttpd config to support it tho.

o_be_one said: Last question: is it possible to optimize my route connection? I feel like this is where im struggling to stream 4k content with PulsedMedia. I’ve found this option with other providers I’ve tried and it fixed my buffering issue with servers in Netherland (as I’m in NA).

Sorry, we do not change routing on per client IP basis. Right now there is heavy congestion all over the place as well, for which we can do nothing about when 3rd party network is congested.

Thanked by 1o_be_one
  • Thank you for all answers PulsedMedia, I really appreciate it.

I hope Olaris will be relevant and help you to offer another nice feature.

I will check to enable WebDAV then. Yeah I’m not surprised that requests regarding this are growing since few most known providers offers it and tells people that it’s « faster than sftp for streaming ». I’ve personnally not check about that and now I really think most buffer issues are related to routes congestion. As you said actually since all people are heavily using internet some routes are quite hard to pass.

About route, I’ve seen one provider offering CloudFlare network as route and it worked really well. Another one provides an app to find the best route and apply best routes for the customer. I’m not really a network guy and don’t well understand how it works and how hard is it to set this kind of change. Just wanted to share result of my research’s with you as since few days I’m heavily reading all wiki and faq to find all answers that could help to get the best experience.

Have a good weekend :)!

• What is price after 1 year sir..?

• ps20090ps20090 Member

@rinalarnando said:
    What is price after 1 year sir..?

For which plan? At https://pulsedmedia.com/specials.php

VALUE250 Series and SSD Series, price is recurring/ same price at renewal (but annual or longer payments, not monthly payments to get that discount)

M1000 series will get only 5% off at renewal. But you were affected by corona will get 15% off recurring + 1 month free. (% off is based on full price). So first annual payment will be like 62.35€
    down from 124.70€ Annually for M1000 M. Renewal price will be 124.70*95% = 118.46€ Annually (5% off)

If you affected by Corona, need to sumbit ticket and will get 124.70*85%=106€ Annually (15% recurring off discount + 1 month free)

Auction series will have same price recurring, they are monthly payments - https://pulsedmedia.com/seedbox-auctions.php No price change even after 1 year.

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @ps20090 said:

@rinalarnando said:
    What is price after 1 year sir..?

For which plan? At https://pulsedmedia.com/specials.php

VALUE250 Series and SSD Series, price is recurring/ same price at renewal (but annual or longer payments, not monthly payments to get that discount)

M1000 series will get only 5% off at renewal. But you were affected by corona will get 15% off recurring + 1 month free. (% off is based on full price). So first annual payment will be like 62.35€
    down from 124.70€ Annually for M1000 M. Renewal price will be 124.70*95% = 118.46€ Annually (5% off)

If you affected by Corona, need to sumbit ticket and will get 124.70*85%=106€ Annually (15% recurring off discount + 1 month free)

Auction series will have same price recurring, they are monthly payments - https://pulsedmedia.com/seedbox-auctions.php No price change even after 1 year.

Yes VALUE250