Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
HostMantis 80% recurring discount question
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

HostMantis 80% recurring discount question

loydloyd Member

I keep stock of low-end plans that get rarely used just have them on hand. Last year HostMantis was all the rave so bought few of their 80% reseller plans in several locations.

Today my client dashboard showing renewal values 36.30/y for entry and 63.30/y for starter plans. Their current street prices are 5.95/m=71.40/y (entry) and 8.95/m=107.40/y (starter). My original invoices show 48.40/y - 80% = 9.68 and 84.40 - 80% = 16.88, all with recurring promise.

Asked their sales about it and just referred me to July 2 email. So I checked it and it says "The price of our reseller accounts will remain the same, but the default amount of cPanel accounts a reseller account can create will now be reduced to the following ..."

Reducing reseller accounts is fine with me since I only need 1-2. But their reply does not answer my question and does not seem they care explaining and retaining me as client.

Can please someone tell me what happened there? Did HostMantis make CloudAtCost maneuver?

75 20 6e 65 65 64 20 74 6f 20 67 65 74 20 6f 75 74 20 6d 6f 72 65

Comments

• LexLex Member

Can you post the full emails (minus the personal details?) I don't recall such email and I have a service from them too.

• angstromangstrom Member
    edited March 22

I'm pretty certain that they ended the 80% discounts across the board. I believe that the discounts were reduced to 25%. And I'm pretty certain that they sent an email about this.

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• loydloyd Member
    edited March 22

@Lex said:
    Can you post the full emails (minus the personal details?) I don't recall such email and I have a service from them too.

Hi Lex, here is the email from July 2, 2019

This is a notification to explain an important change in our services offering.

Due to a recent, sudden and quite extreme increase in pricing from our control panel software vendor (cPanel) and after much consideration on our end, we have had no choice but to change our reseller account offering accordingly as well as our general service offering and promotions.

Why does this affect me?

The following is an example of the cPanel cost increase (Note: This is a hosts cost per dedicated server for a cPanel license) we have incurred:

The previous cPanel license cost per dedicated server:

$45/month per server for unlimited cPanel accounts on a server.

Which allowed us to resell as many cPanel accounts per server we could responsibly add to a server.

The new cPanel licensing cost per dedicated server:

$45/month per server for 100 cPanel accounts + $0.20 per additional cPanel account on the server.

The new cost drastically reduces the amount of cPanel accounts a host can add to a server and remain cost effective. Typically, the more accounts a host could host, the more profitable. That is no longer the case with the new pricing. Note: The total amount of cPanel accounts per server also includes accounts created by resellers, so the total amount of accounts can get high very quickly.

What is changing?:

The price of our reseller accounts will remain the same, but the default amount of cPanel accounts a reseller account can create will now be reduced to the following:

Reseller Entry – 10 cPanel accounts
    Reseller Starter – 20 cPanel accounts
    Reseller Advanced – 30 cPanel accounts
    Reseller Expert – 50 cPanel accounts

Resellers will have the opportunity to purchase additional cPanel account credits for their reseller account at the following rates:

$2/month - 10 Additional cPanel account credits
    $10/month - 50 Additional cPanel account credits
    $20/month - 100 Additional cPanel account credits

This change will be effective immediately for new and current reseller plans/accounts.

In the coming days, we will be performing an audit on reseller accounts and calculating the amount of sub-accounts owned by a reseller and adjusting/updating account billing accordingly. At which time, resellers will be invoiced for cPanel account credits for any cPanel accounts over their assigned plan limit.

Resellers will have the opportunity to terminate any unused or suspended accounts in order to decrease the amount of sub-accounts owned by their reseller account.

What about promotional codes?

Unfortunately, any/all promotional codes that were used prior to this change will only be honored until the end of their current billing cycle at their current rate. At the end of your accounts current billing cycle, the recurring rate will then be at 25% off.

Going forward, all promotional codes we release will be more inline with the new pricing structure, but still offer an extremely competitive discount.

We realize this change for some may be cost prohibitive and we sincerely apologize, but at cPanel’s new rates, it would be a death sentence for our company to continue with our services as-is. With the new structure, it ensures we can continue to offer cPanel as our main web hosting control panel and provide the same reliable service to our clients, while still offer very competitive rates.

Additionally, we are currently testing DirectAdmin (another control panel not quite as feature rich as cPanel) as a possible cheaper alternative for resellers. We do not currently have an ETA, but if we do decide to go forward with DirectAdmin as an additional alternative, we will send out a notification once that service option is ready and available.

We also feel we cannot make this change without giving something back, so we are happy to announce 2 new features:

1. Remote SSH access

We are now allowing remote SSH access on all our Linux/cPanel hosting plans as a bonus!

For more info on remote SSH access:

https://my.hostmantis.com/knowledgebase/281/Does-HostMantis-allow-SSH-access.html

1. Reseller Limits

Instead of resellers sub-accounts receiving the default system resource amount (The default is the same as our Entry plans system resource limit), resellers will now have the option to use Reseller Limits instead to set/modify their own client accounts system resources (CPU/RAM/Entry Processes/IO, etc.). Your overall reseller system resource limit will then be shared with your client accounts and you choose the specific system resources to use for each account.

For more info on Reseller Limits:

https://my.hostmantis.com/knowledgebase/282/Reseller-Limits.html

In closing, we would like to take a moment to sincerely thank our clients for their patience and understanding regarding this change. We would also like to thank those that have stuck with us all these years through the good and bad and those that plan to continue to do so.

We know many clients will still have questions or even be confused by this change, so please contact us if you have any questions!

• loydloyd Member

Then there was email from July 6, 2019

We recently announced a new pricing structure in response to the recent cPanel pricing increase and after much feedback from our resellers, we have realized the change in the amount of default cPanel account creation limits were too prohibitive.

Therefore, in order to add value to our reseller plans and keep them cost effective for resellers, the default cPanel account limits are now:

Reseller Entry – 10 cPanel accounts
    Reseller Starter – 30 cPanel accounts
    Reseller Advanced – 50 cPanel accounts
    Reseller Expert – 100 cPanel accounts

Additional cPanel account credits will still be available from our client area for purchase as well.

This change will be effective immediately for current and new clients.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!

• LexLex Member

@loyd It's a smart choice of words:

The price of our reseller accounts will remain the same - the default price has not changed indeed.

But the price we paid (ie 9$ and such) falls under the

Unfortunately, any/all promotional codes that were used prior to this change will only be honored until the end of their current billing cycle at their current rate. At the end of your accounts current billing cycle, the recurring rate will then be at 25% off.

Which is 100% correct, and they've respected that.

Thanked by 1loyd
  • loydloyd Member
    edited March 22

And last one about the changes July 16, 2019. Then there were some emails in October about Blesta being free, several server migrations and that's it. No more emails.

Due to a lot of confusion regarding our recent account billing adjustments, we felt we needed to clarify renewal amounts for our Entry plan holders (both Shared and Reseller).

Many Entry plan account holders have recently received renewal invoices that are much higher than their previous invoices and have been confused as to why.

Our Entry plan is no longer available on a monthly billing cycle, so all renewal amounts for our Entry plans are for a 6-month (Semi-Annual) billing cycle. So rather than being billed monthly, you are now billed every 6 months for your Entry plan, hence the larger invoice amount.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!

• As I said above: 80% --> 25%

Thanked by 1loyd

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• loydloyd Member
    edited March 22

@Lex said:
    @loyd It's a smart choice of words:

The price of our reseller accounts will remain the same - the default price has not changed indeed.

But the price we paid (ie 9$ and such) falls under the

Which is 100% correct, and they've respected that.

I see, missed that bit. Thanks

• Bought Hostmantis for sending out notification emails for backups and stuff for different locations. Have been migrating to Myw lifetime (doesn't work with Veeam, though :neutral: ) and free Virmach shared (free as long as you have services with them?).

• Contact HM support and request them for atleast 50% discount. If lucky, you may get it.

Get .info .pro .space .com .biz domains on deal price from here - promo ends soon

• @Intelpentium0 said:
    Contact HM support and request them for atleast 50% discount. If lucky, you may get it.

I asked them recently but they said no

I'm stuck

• @timelapse said:

@Intelpentium0 said:
    Contact HM support and request them for atleast 50% discount. If lucky, you may get it.

I asked them recently but they said no

Its been more than 6 month since they revised pricing you should have asked them earlier

Thanked by 1timelapse

“The Mitigation is Spotless.” - Genius Guard, October 2016

• @HostMantis how about a 50% coupon for LET/LEB? Maybe on BF or CM? Let's make this happen @jbiloh several months in preparation haha :D

I'm stuck

• donlidonli Member

After HostMantis walked away from their promised recurring 80% discount I moved to CrocWeb when my year at HostMantis ended.