Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Is BuyShared's Webhosting CPU Limited?
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Is BuyShared's Webhosting CPU Limited?

Well, I want to migrate my wordpress website from VPS to an webhosting. I did try on VPShared before. However, their CPU is strictly limited so when I visit my site, the page is very slow due to their CPU limit. Now I discovered BuyShared. May I know if their webhosting has a CPU limit? Thanks.

Comments

  • all webhosting has cpu limits depending on hardware/load. no such thing as "unlimited power"

  • elliotcelliotc Member

    Every provider have limit. Vpshared is sub brandof virmach and they are famous in limiting resources. Buyshared's limit should much much better than vpshared

    Coffee, please.

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    It's fair share 1 CPU thread.

    There's a ton of spare CPU on those nodes so it's generally not an issue.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • bjrjkbjrjk Member

    @Francisco said:
    It's fair share 1 CPU thread.

    There's a ton of spare CPU on those nodes so it's generally not an issue.

    Francisco

    Thanks, I'm gonna have a try.

  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited March 20

    --- redacted

  • NdhaNdha Member

    @Francisco said:
    It's fair share 1 CPU thread.

    There's a ton of spare CPU on those nodes so it's generally not an issue.

    Francisco

    Yes it's..
    But if 1 account got traffic spike and use much cpu then it'll be suspend, right??

    Maybe you should do hard limit in cloudlinux??
    So if 1 user use high cpu, no problem with others..

    Cause i got "cpu abuse" reason for 1 of my reseller account..

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    Ndha said: Maybe you should do hard limit in cloudlinux??

    The hard limit is "up to 1 CPU (100%) and up to 1GB RAM".

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

    @Ndha said:

    @Francisco said:
    It's fair share 1 CPU thread.

    There's a ton of spare CPU on those nodes so it's generally not an issue.

    Francisco

    Yes it's..
    But if 1 account got traffic spike and use much cpu then it'll be suspend, right??

    Maybe you should do hard limit in cloudlinux??
    So if 1 user use high cpu, no problem with others..

    Cause i got "cpu abuse" reason for 1 of my reseller account..

    Well if you are constantly pushing that 100% yes.

  • sean456sean456 Member
    edited June 10

    @bjrjk said:
    Well, I want to migrate my wordpress website from VPS to an webhosting. I did try on VPShared before. However, their CPU is strictly limited so when I visit my site, the page is very slow due to their CPU limit. Now I discovered BuyShared. May I know if their webhosting has a CPU limit? Thanks.

    VPShared is a very pathetic service providers. Loosing of money & no services even their ticketing system also very pathetic too.
    Always show you the availability of memory for website but deep inside they just ruined your website status, loosing SEO rank & just fooling you that they are so much kind to you.

    #PleaseAvoidHostingFakers

  • FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

    @sean456 said:
    VPShared is a very pathetic service providers. Loosing of money & no services even their ticketing system also very pathetic too.
    Always show you the availability of memory for website but deep inside they just ruined your website status, loosing SEO rank & just fooling you that they are so much kind to you.

    #PleaseAvoidHostingFakers

    I sense another consumer justice

    "Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

  • Get a slice, it's much faster than shared hosting.

  • debaserdebaser Member

    @hiphiphip0 said:
    Get a slice, it's much faster than shared hosting.

    Getting a slice means running a webserver and everything that comes with it. Some people just don’t want that.

    Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @debaser said:

    @hiphiphip0 said:
    Get a slice, it's much faster than shared hosting.

    Getting a slice means running a webserver and everything that comes with it. Some people just don’t want that.

    True, but we do include free DA if they wanted to without the whole headache :)

    BuyShared Directadmin will be getting a big performance bump shortly.

    Francisco

    Thanked by 1o_be_one
    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited June 10

    In my dick opinion, it's not CPU limited.

    Everything we do is limited by our tiny brain and PMS, end of. Quit blaming tools and get on with it.

    I have not created a single thread. Verify it if you dare.

  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member

    BuyShared is good if you don't expect 99.9% uptime. I have it in LU and LA, it's fantastic for what i do! But i will not use it for a critical prod (actually i use it for XenForo and WordPress with around 100 to 300 visits / day). Even with cache etc, i have sometime 100% CPU limit reach and sometime my entire service is just not available. It's ok, i pay 18$/y and we can't expect the perfect service for this kind of price ; i was aware BEFORE buying and i'm satisfied since it fits my expectations.

    DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer. Looks cool when i know what i do.
    Doing useless stuffs on amazing providers services because... Why not?
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @o_be_one said: Even with cache etc, i have sometime 100% CPU limit reach and sometime my entire service is just not available.

    A lot of things can spike it quick, it's really common on Wordpress admin sections since those aren't cached and they're coded terribly.

    DA Resellers will move to Ryzen (so 3.8 ~ 4Ghz), a litereral 2.5x single thread bump over the current.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • o_be_oneo_be_one Member

    @Francisco said: DA Resellers will move to Ryzen (so 3.8 ~ 4Ghz), a litereral 2.5x single thread bump over the current.

    WTF serious? Only Resseler :( ?! Why this difference? Is it only related to price or the way you host it?

    I suppose for LU it's not for now and it will come when you will upgrade the DC to Ryzen? For LA i guess it will be available soon?

    DevOps and Site Reliability Engineer. Looks cool when i know what i do.
    Doing useless stuffs on amazing providers services because... Why not?
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @o_be_one said: WTF serious? Only Resseler ?! Why this difference? Is it only related to price or the way you host it?

    I suppose for LU it's not for now and it will come when you will upgrade the DC to Ryzen? For LA i guess it will be available soon?

    I'd have to look at doing Ryzen based DA shared plans then, maybe!

    It's mostly as a way to entice people to move from cPanel.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • @sean456 said:

    @bjrjk said:
    Well, I want to migrate my wordpress website from VPS to an webhosting. I did try on VPShared before. However, their CPU is strictly limited so when I visit my site, the page is very slow due to their CPU limit. Now I discovered BuyShared. May I know if their webhosting has a CPU limit? Thanks.

    VPShared is a very pathetic service providers. Loosing of money & no services even their ticketing system also very pathetic too.
    Always show you the availability of memory for website but deep inside they just ruined your website status, loosing SEO rank & just fooling you that they are so much kind to you.

    #PleaseAvoidHostingFakers

    I just lose all sympathy when you repeatedly spell "losing" incorrectly.

  • jcalebjcaleb Moderator

    My page with BuyShared are fast. Is run by stallion.

  • serversHQserversHQ Member
    edited June 11

    @bjrjk said: Now I discovered BuyShared. May I know if their webhosting has a CPU limit

    I'm with BuyShared, Ramnode, and few other few reseller hosts.. 1CPU limit is quite sufficient if you have 10K-20K unique visitors per day on WordPress/PHP site (On Hostgator plan I have hit 50k UV per day and its a pure HTML site) IF you enable LScache (sever cache) + cache plugin and on top of that use CDN like cloudflare!

    I'm daily using 7GB of bandwidth on cloudflare which is 98% cached, so mere 2% of traffic reaches my host server... so the CPU usage is negligible at Host's end. It up to 10-15% when someone hits non-cached pages like "wordpress search page". But if you use Relavanssi-type WP plugin, you can limit the number of posts it fetches, say, 20, 50, or 100 before showing search results. So the sites loads fast, plus, CPU/RAM usage is well at the minimum!

    But if you still want to stay safe and expect quick growth of your Site, you can get reseller plan from hosts which offers 2CPU limit. There are few on google search!

    Or just buy a VPS from BuyVM with dedicated CPU so you can use full 100% of the core 24/7


    @Francisco said: DA Resellers will move to Ryzen (so 3.8 ~ 4Ghz), a litereral 2.5x single thread bump over the current.

    That's the first good-news in entire 2020 for me! :) WordPress sites will definitely load faster now. At Ramnode reseller i'm having E3 3.2 GHz and so the TTFB is quite low on their node and sites load comparatively fast than Buyshared. Hope the new Ryzen will do that magic at BuyShared! (If I'm not wrong, the current DA node CPU is 2.2 GHz?)

    Thanked by 1donko
  • @Francisco said:

    @o_be_one said: WTF serious? Only Resseler ?! Why this difference? Is it only related to price or the way you host it?

    I suppose for LU it's not for now and it will come when you will upgrade the DC to Ryzen? For LA i guess it will be available soon?

    I'd have to look at doing Ryzen based DA shared plans then, maybe!

    It's mostly as a way to entice people to move from cPanel.

    Francisco

    Is the Webmail feature the same for cPanel and DA? Like if an exisiting cPanel Reseller customer moves towards to DA but has clients that use the Webmail feature, will they get affected?

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @CasualCanvas said: Is the Webmail feature the same for cPanel and DA? Like if an exisiting cPanel Reseller customer moves towards to DA but has clients that use the Webmail feature, will they get affected?

    Yep, DA has roundcube.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Member, Provider

    @Francisco is it possible to move Vegas reseller from Cpanel to DA without any issue?

    ✓✓Latest offer here

  • @Francisco Ryzen upgrade for LU reseller also?

  • singhighsinghigh Member

    And why not make Shared unmetered traffics?

    www.91yun.co | aka. 91yun.org | TOP Chinese Hosting Review site | 26k PV (3x LEB) a day | Drop me PM to submit offer.

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @Intelpentium0 said:
    @Francisco is it possible to move Vegas reseller from Cpanel to DA without any issue?

    Yep, we've done plenty. The conversion is basically perfect minus some forwarders.

    @Abdullah7310 said:
    @Francisco Ryzen upgrade for LU reseller also?

    Yes but it'll be next year at this rate.

    @singhigh said:
    And why not make Shared unmetered traffics?

    It already is my friend :) If yours isn't showing as unmetered just open a ticket and I'll fix it.

    Our first Directadmin Ryzen node will most likely go up this weekend. I got the parts sitting at the DC, I just need to go in and rack it up.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • donkodonko Member

    @Francisco resellers plans have bandwidth limited now? :(

  • @Francisco said:

    @Intelpentium0 said:
    @Francisco is it possible to move Vegas reseller from Cpanel to DA without any issue?

    Yep, we've done plenty. The conversion is basically perfect minus some forwarders.

    @Abdullah7310 said:
    @Francisco Ryzen upgrade for LU reseller also?

    Yes but it'll be next year at this rate.

    @singhigh said:
    And why not make Shared unmetered traffics?

    It already is my friend :) If yours isn't showing as unmetered just open a ticket and I'll fix it.

    Our first Directadmin Ryzen node will most likely go up this weekend. I got the parts sitting at the DC, I just need to go in and rack it up.

    Francisco

    I'm giggling with excitement.

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @CasualCanvas said: I'm giggling with excitement.

    :D

    Should be good.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
  • Intelpentium0Intelpentium0 Member, Provider

    @Francisco said:

    @Intelpentium0 said:
    @Francisco is it possible to move Vegas reseller from Cpanel to DA without any issue?

    Yep, we've done plenty. The conversion is basically perfect minus some forwarders.

    You mean domain forwarders or email forwarders? Most clients might have forwarded their emails to Gmail (without using GApps) to get rid of Webmail

    ✓✓Latest offer here

  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

    @Intelpentium0 said: You mean domain forwarders or email forwarders? Most clients might have forwarded their emails to Gmail (without using GApps) to get rid of Webmail

    I've seen wildcard email forwards sometimes not import properly. Past that everything else is pretty spot on.

    Francisco

    BuyVM - Free DirectAdmin, Softaculous, & Blesta! / Anycast Support! / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
    BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
Sign In or Register to comment.