Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
[Scammer] skb-enterprise.com Surprising, scam of 2.49 euros
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

[Scammer] skb-enterprise.com Surprising, scam of 2.49 euros

EmptyEmpty Member
edited March 18 in Reviews

1. A month ago, I spent 2.49 euros to order a vps at skb-enterprise.com
2. But they immediately deleted the vps service and acknowledged that they would be refunded after one month.
3. According to his explanation, at present I still owe 0.01 Euro. Please pay attention to this scammer. Below I will update the screenshot of the conversation.
4. This is the most deceiving thing in my life.
5. The drama happened and the scammer lied and was exposed in public. Please check the updated screenshot.

Below is a screenshot of proof of payment:

The scammer said I used the server for several hours and found it was used illegally.
But the fact is, immediately after I purchased the service, the service was defined as fraud and the service was deleted. Here is evidence of his lying:

Thanked by 1Anna_Parker

Comments

• HostSlickHostSlick Member, Provider

Please elaborate, did you really want to use it for illegal purposes as I read on picture 1?

If so, you are the worse here OP!

• Depending on the circumstances, charging a refund fee isn't so outrageous. The question is rather: why did they delete your VPS immediately?

@skbenterprise

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Thanks for contributing more drama at this period.

Btw, can you share the full ticket?

Thanked by 2Shot2 uptime

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

@angstrom said:
    Depending on the circumstances, charging a refund fee isn't so outrageous. The question is rather: why did they delete your VPS immediately?

@skbenterprise

Maybe Illegal purposes?

• EmptyEmpty Member

@HostSlick said:
    Please elaborate, did you really want to use it for illegal purposes as I read on picture 1?

1. I have n’t used it. How can I judge that I use it illegally?
    2. My service was deleted immediately after I paid.
    3. If you accept a refund within 30 days, I owe him 0.01 Euro in the end. This is a wonderful thing.
    Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • EmptyEmpty Member

@FAT32 said:
    Thanks for contributing more drama at this period.

Btw, can you share the full ticket?

Yes, I am waiting for his reply. I will announce all conversations

• NeoonNeoon Member
    edited March 18

Well, charging 2.50€ in fees, for a 2.49€ VPS, where the refund apparently has not been initiated by the costumer, sounds like a scam to me.

If he as entered valid credentials and had no intend to scam anyone.

• @Empty said:

@HostSlick said:

3. If you accept a refund within 30 days, I owe him 0.01 Euro in the end. This is a wonderful thing.

If you never used your VPS at all, you may have a reasonable complaint. I say "may" because it depends: if, for example, you're on a fraud list, then charging a refund fee isn't outrageous, because issuing a refund costs them money.

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• EmptyEmpty Member

@angstrom said:

@Empty said:

@HostSlick said:

If you never used your VPS at all, you may have a reasonable complaint. I say "may" because it depends: if, for example, you're on a fraud list, then charging a refund fee isn't outrageous, because issuing a refund costs them money.

Follow your logic. The two of you sing and agree, and I can doubt that you are their group, which is also logical.

You say "2.5 euro refund is not so outrageous" I am even more suspicious.

Without any violation of any regulations, I have no right to delete my service, and to fulfill the promise of 30 days refund. This is naked fraud, and I believe that people here will see the truth.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 18

Yeah, not saying this is the case but my spidey sense tells me someone who acts like this is probably already on MaxMind and Fraudrecord fraud lists. He probably signed up and the hosts system let it through then they did a manual review and found the guy tends to do unsavory stuff with previously purchased services from other vendors so suspended it / never provisioned it. My guess is they likely would have auto-refunded but then the OP started right off the top being an ass and I am sure that slowed / killed any motivation they felt for doing so.

At the moment this seem more an advertisement for how well they do fraud checking / fraud review and how poor a customer the OP of this thread would be to have.

Title reads scam, though thread sounds more like host trying to protect them self from an known abuser / generally unfriendly / hard to work with customer.

--

Edit: after a re-read actually I am not convinced he didn't get the server but that he got the server, used it for abusive purposes, was suspended and then tried to beg for his $2.50 back under their 30 day refund policy and they basically said, why would we refund someone who actually used the service and was found to be abusing it? Then op threatened to open a forum thread if he didn't get a refund, they then told him their refund policy was to charge a $2.50 fee for any refund and because the service he purchased was their cheapest and cost less than $2.50, there was nothing to refund.

OP To be honest if you did get the service provisioned and then they suspended it for abuse, you are not owed anything at all IMO, refund policy or not as you would have likely broken their AUP.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Have an Allwinner H3 device? Android? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC | #SYSarm - Get It! | Atomic Pi - $35 x86 SBC
    21+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting, Administration and Development Services

• naingnaing Member

So is 'James King' your real name or is that a fraud?

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • EmptyEmpty Member

@TheLinuxBug said:
    Yeah, not saying this is the case but my spidey sense tells me someone who acts like this is probably already on MaxMind and Fraudrecord fraud lists. He probably signed up and the hosts system let it through then they did a manual review and found the guy tends to do unsavory stuff with previously purchased services from other vendors so suspended it / never provisioned it. My guess is they likely would have auto-refunded but then the OP started right off the top being an ass and I am sure that slowed / killed any motivation they felt for doing so.

At the moment this seem more an advertisement for how well they do fraud checking / fraud review and how poor a customer the OP of this thread would be to have.

Title reads scam, though thread sounds more like host trying to protect them self from an known abuser / generally unfriendly / hard to work with customer.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

This is a naked fraud scam. I lost 2.49 Euros. This is a naked fact. I hope everyone can recognize the scammer's face.
    Promise a 30-day refund and tease the customer. This is the most amazing thing.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @Empty said:

@angstrom said:

@Empty said:

@HostSlick said:

Follow your logic. The two of you sing and agree, and I can doubt that you are their group, which is also logical.

You say "2.5 euro refund is not so outrageous" I am even more suspicious.

Without any violation of any regulations, I have no right to delete my service, and to fulfill the promise of 30 days refund. This is naked fraud, and I believe that people here will see the truth.

I didn't say that you were right, but I also didn't say that you were wrong. Without all of the details, it's hard for a third person to judge the case.

In the meantime, perhaps you could share all of the tickets. Or perhaps @skbenterprise will have something to say.

@Empty said:

@HostSlick said:

Why would anyone accuse you wrongly to use it illegaly at all?

I smell shit somewhere.

• @TheLinuxBug said:

Based on what we've seen so far, I'm inclined to agree with you

• In addition, "scam of 2.49 euros" sounds kind of funny. I mean, a real scam operation would try to aim for a higher amount. @skbenterprise have been on LET for a few years and have a few discussions. They're not well-known, but they're also not known as a scam operation.

• @Empty said:
    This is a naked fraud scam. I lost 2.49 Euros. This is a naked fact.

You sir are the karen of the internet jeez

EVERYTHING IS MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS 1 YEAR AGO

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I do not believe OP's claims.

P.S. What is up with recent surge of idiots? Is it because of schools being closed due to C-virus?

Thanked by 2pike uptime

There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

• EmptyEmpty Member

@angstrom said:
    In addition, "scam of 2.49 euros" sounds kind of funny. I mean, a real scam operation would try to aim for a higher amount. @skbenterprise have been on LET for a few years and have a few discussions. They're not well-known, but they're also not known as a scam operation.

I think the most ridiculous thing is that the scammer who scammed 2.49 euros finally made me owe 0.01 euros. No matter how you defend him, this is an indisputable fact. Don't consider his previous behavior to deny the fact that he was fraudulent.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @deank said:
    I do not believe OP's claims.

P.S. What is up with recent surge of idiots? Is it because of schools being closed due to C-virus?

Corona is affecting people's brain proven here on LET

EVERYTHING IS MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS 1 YEAR AGO

• EmptyEmpty Member

@HostSlick said:

@Empty said:

@HostSlick said:

I smell shit somewhere.

You are smelling the shit on yourself, your heart is dirty, ugly, and you are trying to justify your fraud. I hope everyone recognizes your ugly behavior and it really makes me sick.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • EmptyEmpty Member

@Neoon said:
    Well, charging 2.50€ in fees, for a 2.49€ VPS, where the refund apparently has not been initiated by the costumer, sounds like a scam to me.

If he as entered valid credentials and had no intend to scam anyone.

I have updated and I uploaded screenshots of proof of payment.

• @Empty said: Don't consider his previous behavior to deny the fact that he was fraudulent.

One should always consider someone's previous behavior if data are available!

Your previous behavior is that you said that @gigavest was a fraudster, but as far as I can tell, that claim was unresolved.

(See https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/93332/my-personal-experience-with-gigavest and https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1885757#Comment_1885757 )

• EmptyEmpty Member

@angstrom said:

@Empty said: Don't consider his previous behavior to deny the fact that he was fraudulent.

One should always consider someone's previous behavior if data are available!

Your previous behavior is that you said that @gigavest was a fraudster, but as far as I can tell, that claim was unresolved.

(See https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/93332/my-personal-experience-with-gigavest and https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1885757#Comment_1885757 )

I have updated and I uploaded screenshots of proof of payment. The evidence is sufficient. I paid 2.49 Euros and I still owe him 0.01 Euros.
    Do n’t defend him. Your behavior is suspicious. Use your third identity to justify yourself. Everyone ’s eyes are clear.

• seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

@Empty said:

@HostSlick said:

@Empty said:

@HostSlick said:

I smell shit somewhere.

You are smelling the shit on yourself, your heart is dirty, ugly, and you are trying to justify your fraud. I hope everyone recognizes your ugly behavior and it really makes me sick.

Boss,
    Why are you so angry and frustrated? You opened a thread, in a public forum. Some people will agree with your, some won't. That is how the world works.

Screaming and yelling at others and calling names doesn't help your case.

Provider was tagged and wait for them to response. Patience is a great virtue.

• skbenterpriseskbenterprise Member, Provider

Hey,

This VPS of this customer was terminated after we did a fraud check. It turned out that the customer used his VPS for illegal activities within a few hours after we provisioned it. The customer agreed with our Terms and Conditions which states that the VPS may be terminated immediately when it is used for activities deemed illegal by our terms and Dutch law.

The customer has a history with other providers: https://www.fraudrecord.com/api/?showreport=19bb9bf6e0ca50ae

SKB Enterprise - Affordable hosting in Amsterdam, Netherlands. 100% owned hardware. www.skb-enterprise.com
    KVM VPS with NVMe SSD storage - Dedicated Servers - Unmetered Dedicated Server - Colocation

• EmptyEmpty Member

@seriesn said:

@Empty said:

@HostSlick said:

@Empty said:

@HostSlick said:

I smell shit somewhere.

Boss,
    Why are you so angry and frustrated? You opened a thread, in a public forum. Some people will agree with your, some won't. That is how the world works.

Screaming and yelling at others and calling names doesn't help your case.

Provider was tagged and wait for them to response. Patience is a great virtue.

2.49 euros don't matter to me, but the scammer is still accusing me of being a fraudster. This is where I can't stand. He also called me "shit"

The spamming behavior matches at least.

It's PMS, ain't it.

Thanked by 2pike Shazan

• @Empty said: 2.49 euros don't matter to me, but the scammer is still accusing me of being a fraudster.

Do you have an idea why you were on FraudRecord already four times?

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited March 18

skbenterprise said: Hey,

This VPS of this customer was terminated after we did a fraud check. It turned out that the customer used his VPS for illegal activities within a few hours after we provisioned it. The customer agreed with our Terms and Conditions which states that the VPS may be terminated immediately when it is used for activities deemed illegal by our terms and Dutch law.

The customer has a history with other providers: https://www.fraudrecord.com/api/?showreport=19bb9bf6e0ca50ae

and...... /Thread

@fat32 wanna go ahead and close up this dumpster fire?

Cheers!

Have an Allwinner H3 device? Android? Check out H3Droid! | Lichee Pi Zero - The 6$ SBC | #SYSarm - Get It! | Atomic Pi - $35 x86 SBC
    21+ Years IT Experience in Linux/Windows Hosting, Administration and Development Services

@angstrom said:

She is never going to admit anything at this point.

• the end is nigh. kill -9 upcoming.

Thanked by 1doghouch

Web and VPS hosting - Top notch performance

• naingnaing Member

@angstrom said:

@Empty said: 2.49 euros don't matter to me, but the scammer is still accusing me of being a fraudster.

Because 'James King' (as shown in the screenshot) is a popular fraud name? 3 out of 4 FraudRecord entries were only name match.

• @deank said:

@angstrom said:

She is never going to admit anything at this point.

What puzzles me is the psychology behind this: she knew that she had a history, and yet she thought that she could win with a thread like this? There was no point to this thread.

• EmptyEmpty Member

@skbenterprise said:
    Hey,

After I purchased the service, my service was found to be fraudulent, and you immediately deleted my service. I have not used the server. You say here that I used the server for several hours, you liar. Have you forgotten that Ticket will be sent to the mailbox, you can't argue now. Please look at the screenshot:

• @naing said:

@angstrom said:

@Empty said: 2.49 euros don't matter to me, but the scammer is still accusing me of being a fraudster.

Because 'James King' (as shown in the screenshot) is a popular fraud name? 3 out of 4 FraudRecord entries were only name match.

So you're saying that the OP faked his name? If so, well, case over.

• naingnaing Member
    edited March 18

@angstrom said:

@naing said:

@angstrom said:

Yes, that's my point. See the latest screenshots of Gmail, I sincerely doubt any Simplified Chinese language users are named 'James King'. Isn't that a version of the Bible?

• @naing said:

@angstrom said:

@naing said:

@angstrom said:

Yes, that's my point. See the latest screenshots of Gmail, I sincerely doubt any Simplified Chinese language users are named 'James King'. Isn't that a version of the Bible?

The version of the Bible is King James, but yes, close enough :smile:

If a customer doesn't use their real name, that already counts as fraud, so from that point on, a nuanced discussion about FraudList is besides the point

Thanked by 1naing

• niraethniraeth Member

I honestly don't see why any reputable host would stake their reputation in exchange for 2.49 euros

My Programming, Security, and Tech Blog At https://niraeth.com/

• @niraeth said:
    I honestly don't see why any reputable host would stake their reputation in exchange for 2.49 euros

Have you been following the discussion and do you understand what fraud is?

• legalstufflegalstuff Member
    edited March 18

@naing said:
    So is 'James King' your real name or is that a fraud?

It's a typical nigerian scam-prince name.

Thanked by 1naing
  • EmptyEmpty Member

@angstrom said:

@naing said:

@angstrom said:

@naing said:

@angstrom said:

The version of the Bible is King James, but yes, close enough :smile:

If a customer doesn't use their real name, that already counts as fraud, so from that point on, a nuanced discussion about FraudList is besides the point

I have updated, the liar was exposed in public. Please refresh the website to see screenshots.

• niraethniraeth Member

@angstrom said:

@niraeth said:

I was too lazy to continue reading past the op, since I knew where things were headed anyways

My Programming, Security, and Tech Blog At https://niraeth.com/

• @niraeth said:

@angstrom said:

@niraeth said:

I was too lazy to continue reading past the op, since I knew where things were headed anyways

In which case I don't follow your remark about "reputation", but never mind, it's easier to write a quick sentence about reputation than to follow a discussion

• seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

@naing said:

@angstrom said:

Name is ok, but when name, matches email, it is almost a home run.

Behavior matches and that's the period mark for me.

• naingnaing Member

@seriesn said:

@naing said:

@angstrom said:

Name is ok, but when name, matches email, it is almost a home run.

Yeah, yeah, I mean, if he came up with a better fraud name maybe he can shorten the FraudRecord list to one. But hey,

angstrom said: If a customer doesn't use their real name, that already counts as fraud, so from that point on, a nuanced discussion about FraudList is besides the point

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

@skbenterprise said:
    Hey,

To clarify, you have terminated and not refunded based n previous actions recorded on fraud record, not the actual illegal activities with you?

Clouvider Limited - Leading Hosting & Connectivity Partner || Dedicated Server Sale from £39/m - Our Latest LET Offer

Cloud Web Hosting | SSD & SAS HA OnApp VPS | US, UK, NL & DE Dedicated Servers | Network Services | Colocation | Managed Services

• t0ny0t0ny0 Member

So you used a fake name, and are wondering what might have happened?
    And you're saying its their responsibility to cover the fees associated with the refund, even though you started with a blatant fraud?
    Hats off to @skbenterprise and their fraud protection, thats how it should be.

• thedpthedp Member
    edited March 18

Don't know about ya'll but to me it looks like the OP is the culprit trying to scam SKBE :joy:

Edit: It's hard to see those who comes on forums to complain about something, be it a ticket or billing related, that do not mask/hide their details (name/email) in screenshots ;)

IT/Hosting-related & Miscellaneous Domain Names For Sale!
    Interested in acquiring any of the domain names above? Please send me a PM here, or on Discord (DP#3914).