Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mail Hosting / Relay
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mail Hosting / Relay

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a reliable SMTP relay for a platform that I'm developing.

Which solution is better?

• Self-hosted on a VPS (but which software?)
  • A ready to use service like mxroute?

Budget: 50$ /year
Thanks.

Comments

• AWS SNS
    $2.00 per 100,000

• RazzaRazza Member
    edited March 2020

@greattomeetyou said:
    AWS SNS
    $2.00 per 100,000

It's Amazon SES, SNS is for notifications.

• @Razza said:

@greattomeetyou said:
    AWS SNS
    $2.00 per 100,000

It's Amazon SES.

It is Friday....Thanks.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

SES is cheap, used it for a while now, but Microshit often blocks it so hotmail delivery can fail sometimes, but I suppose the only way to avoid that is to use Microsoft email services.

Thanked by 1jar
  • jpengjpeng Barred

Pobox.com

• Try sendgrid 100 mails per day is free foreva

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited March 2020

@MikeA said:
    SES is cheap, used it for a while now, but Microshit often blocks it so hotmail delivery can fail sometimes, but I suppose the only way to avoid that is to use Microsoft email services.

My experience is different: delivery to Live, Hotmail, etc is excellent in comparison to many similar services.

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited March 2020

@M66B said:

@MikeA said:

My experience is different: delivery to Live, Hotmail, etc is excellent in comparison to many similar services.

• @M66B is fairmail now being further developed and maintained or discontinued? on a german website, comments from you (evidenced by screenshots) were published that you wanted to discontinue the fairmail project because of bad ratings on google play store.

• M66BM66B Veteran

@hyperblast said:
    @M66B is fairmail now being further developed and maintained or discontinued? on a german website, comments from you (evidenced by screenshots) were published that you wanted to discontinue the fairmail project because of bad ratings on google play store.

The text on the website has been corrected in the meantime. FairEmail will be maintained and supported, no worries.

• @webclouddev said:

Try sendgrid 100 mails per day is free foreva

I wouldn't say forever. It's free now but it can change. (I know. Forever reads on their page.)
    I saw an ad from Sendinblue. 300 mails free per day. But that's all I know about Sendinblue.

• nodesecnodesec Member
    edited March 2020

@MGarbis said:

@webclouddev said:

I wouldn't say forever. It's free now but it can change. (I know. Forever reads on their page.)
    I saw an ad from Sendinblue. 300 mails free per day. But that's all I know about Sendinblue.

For some of our local clients, Sendinblue works well. Emails straight to inbox for most of the email providers.

https://i.imgur.com/Ff3fr6D.png

• JordJord Moderator, Host Rep

Mailgun is prem

• M66BM66B Veteran
    edited March 2020

@nodesec said:

@MGarbis said:

@webclouddev said:

For some of our local clients, Sendinblue works well. Emails straight to inbox for most of the email providers.

Wait until one person complains about a received message and all your outgoing messages will be discarded until you contact support. Great when you are travelling (happened to me). When asked what could be done to prevent this, the answer was "nothing", so for me never Sendinblue anymore.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • @M66B said:

@nodesec said:

@MGarbis said:

@webclouddev said:

Wait until one person complains about a received message and all your outgoing messages will be discarded until you contact support. Great when you are travelling (happened to me). When asked what could be done to prevent this, the answer was "nothing", so for me never Sendinblue anymore.

It's Ok. we have multiple backup solutions ready.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2020

@MikeA said:

Honestly, yeah. I mean I'll get your email through to Microsoft every time, but if you want them to LIKE your email you either rely on good luck or you pay them for email. Not even Microsoft gets in Microsoft inboxes every time.

• M66BM66B Veteran

@jar said:
    Not even Microsoft gets in Microsoft inboxes every time.

Can you support this claim with evidence?

• webdevwebdev Member
    edited March 2020

jar said: Not even Microsoft gets in Microsoft inboxes every time.

That's means Microsoft is spammer, and outlook/hotmail spam filter works as expected...

M66B said: Can you support this claim with evidence?

You don't need evidence for obvious. currently I have 10 spam emails, 7 from Microsoft, 2 from GWENT, 1 from GOG...

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@M66B said:

@jar said:
    Not even Microsoft gets in Microsoft inboxes every time.

Can you support this claim with evidence?

No my Outlook junk mail folder cleared, but it had emails from Microsoft in it.